PDA

View Full Version : awesome article, better view fast

wizzard
10-30-2004, 06:35 AM
http://atvscene.com/schedules/fast-trak-events/fast-trak-events-legends-2000.htm

enjoy,
wizzard

The_dew_man
10-30-2004, 11:25 PM
thats cool. i wish i could have been there to watch and would have been great to talk to them. to bad they didnt bring there 3 wheelers and have a race. its good to see a picture of the old racers doing what they love.

Yardbird
10-31-2004, 12:11 AM
Holy crap that article brings back alot of memories. Good on ya for posting the link!!! I think I'll go read it again. :TrikesOwn

trikerider2oo7
10-31-2004, 02:52 PM
that is some good reading...and i noticed a pic of our buddy dean (oldfart) in there.

http://atvscene.com/images/LLegKirstenOrchard18-17-00.jpg

wizzard
11-01-2004, 05:13 AM
yeah, i tried to post that pic but couldn't get it. glad you guys are enjoying it.
it would have been cool it they could have brought their old bikes for viewing.

skullatc
11-02-2004, 03:07 AM
Sweet article, thanks for posting

Check this out

3-Wheeling Magazine debuted an ’81 ATC 250R named the ghost – it was one of only a few trikes that Honda made white. Dean Kirsten and Tom Chambers made it all happen with the powers that be at Wright Publishing. The team was selected, all expenses were paid and the end results were great. The idea not only pleased Harry, but it made for great advertising for 3-Wheeling Magazine. After that Harry got picked up as a Honda factory rider! Harry’s highlight of his career was winning the Baja 500 in front of his wife, son and mother. This was the only desert race that any of them ever attended, so it was pretty special for him. Harry will always be known for his never-say-die character. He finished every single race he attended! Harry explains his last race, "I really took pride in my career of zero DNFs. I remember my last race – I crashed hard and fractured three ribs, broke my wrist, put the handlebar through the back of my leg, and suffered a concussion. I somehow re-mounted and rode off -- but in the wrong direction for God knows how long! Later I got turned around and back on track. Just when I thought it was all over, I seized it up only two miles from the finish. I pushed it for over a half mile! Just as I was about to pass out, it freed up, I was able to start it and I finished the ride from hell".