PDA

View Full Version : atv nitrous kit

200xkwit
11-03-2004, 10:39 PM
does any one rremember that small nitrous kit that some guy used to sell off ebay? i think i remember the price being like 40 bucks... i cant find these kits anywhere could somone point me in the right direction? I think i want to instwll one in my 200x basicly so i can say i have nos in it lol thanks

TrikeKid
11-04-2004, 01:11 AM
SweetQuads.com(shameless plug for friends site) sells nitrous kits dont know if they have the one your looking for though.

3WheelsForever
11-04-2004, 08:08 AM
Heres the link. There are several more people that sell them but this kit looks to be the best. Let me know how it works on the 200x. When you mount it Id mount it some where behind the carb so the nitrous mixes with the air and fuel better.

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Nitrous-Company_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

trikerider2oo7
11-04-2004, 09:08 PM
http://www.boondockers.com also has nitrous kits for atvs

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-04-2004, 09:11 PM
I think i want to instwll one in my 200x basicly so i can say i have nos in it lol thanks

in that case, dont bother wasting your money just to blow up your engine, throw some NOS stickers on it, paint a pepsi bottle blue, zip-tie it to your bike, then you get the satisfaction (for some odd reason) of saying "i have nos"

timex69
11-04-2004, 09:53 PM
hey
can someone with some knowledge of nitrous oxidge kits tell me what kind of difference nos would make in a atc/atv or dirt bike. Would their be a huge noticeable amount of boost or power like in a car? And it doesnt seem like theirs much point in doing it becase you can run through your gears quick enough..if you hit the nos when yer wide open yer gonna cook a piston. So youd have to hit it right after you shift into top year. I just dont see whats soo great about it. Mabe someone can explain.

Alex

CHAINSAW
11-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Ive never messed with it on an ATV. I put some on one of my old cars, and it was pretty cool. You dont want to install it on just any car, and plan on using it all the time. If your gonna run it for more then about 5 seconds at a time, you gotta advance your timing, and all kinds of other crap to better handle it. The motor I had it on, wasnt really built for nitrous, but it held up fine. Just a 400 Pontiac big block, Keith Black pistons, big ole cam, and like a 800 cfm double pumper. I only punched the NOS once right before I sold the car, just to see what happens. Its not a huge difference, but it was a cool little kick in the pants. It was just the kind that shot it into the carb. Im sure a full blown, fogger system would have a lot bigger kick.
It sure saved me a lot of "dead" races though. Once word got around I had nitrous, not many people wanted to drag race anymore.. lol I never needed the NOS around here, cause I was fast, and was smart enough not to pick a race with someone I couldnt beat.

200xkwit
11-07-2004, 10:34 PM
the use of nos in a small dose will do absalutly nothin as far as damage to the engine. lol and a pepsi bottle with a sticker would be conciderd to be pre-school performance and leave me with a whole "Lots_Of_Nothing" :rolleyes:

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-07-2004, 11:16 PM
It was a joke. Do what you want, have fun. After all, what could go wrong installing NOS on a 20 year old engine without beefing it up :rolleyes: .

Your great grammar skills make you sound like a pro! :cool:

hotroddal
11-09-2004, 10:32 PM
ill post pics of my nitrous powered 200x soon when i figure out how to post my pics in a thread.

200xkwit
11-09-2004, 10:45 PM
being a pro is wishful thinking for me but anyway no one ever said the word "stock" a bore/wisceo piston/uni filter/jet/and valves around here are conciderd stock anyway so no hard feelins

hotroddal
11-09-2004, 10:49 PM
dude i do not inderstand what you just said 200xkwit and do u know how to post pics in a thread and if so can u tell me how??

200xkwit
11-09-2004, 10:53 PM
thsts a personal post if thats what yopu want to calll those... srry im not good with posting pics im sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction tho

MTS
11-09-2004, 11:08 PM
i belive thehickfarmer on the fourms hear put a 30shot of Nos on his 200s...so he said i dont know how it turned out or if he was full of it...but you might wana send him a pm too see what he used