PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke oils have different smells in different machines...

N8s250r
11-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Amsoil smells awesome, it kinda smells like your running race gas. Golden spectro smells totally different and gives me a headache. but i have also smelled golden spectro in other machines and its not as bad smells kinda like amsoil. Yamalube stinks also. maybe its a synthetic thing, but then again it does smell different in different machines. when i first got a two stroke and went riding with the 2 stroke buddy's we ran yamalube. i would absolutly feel sick after a day of riding because of exhaust. amsoil doesnt do that to me which is what i run now. I have smelled golden spectro both ways (depending on the machine its run in, quadracer it stinks, honda 250r smells kinda like amsoil???????)

has any one else ever noticed this or is it just me? I know it does have different smells.

this post seems kind of wierd but i am curious :confused: :eek:

CHAINSAW
11-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Klotz has the best smell IMO. :) And yes, each brand smells different, its not just you.

OldSchoolin86
11-05-2004, 02:01 AM
Klotz has the best smell IMO. :) And yes, each brand smells different, its not just you.
I agree 100%! I love the smell of supertechniplate and benol.

cliff2302
11-05-2004, 05:09 AM
i'm a klotz guy till i nut up and but some oil from TimSr. The smell is....delicious?

Derrick Adams
11-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Did I read that right? Did you just say TimSr's exhaust smells delicious? Does it depend on what he eats? :D