PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Post - Lesson Learned

atctim
11-05-2004, 04:42 PM
I hope that everyone that replied to "chased by the cops" wheather it was a positive post or a negative post reads this. I must start by saying that I never ever thought that this kind of reaction would be brought out by the members here at 3ww. I now can say that I regret posting that thread for numerous reasons. I never looked at it the way you all have. I am now apoligizing to anyone who I offended - indirectly hurt - and or made an impression on. I never really thought about how websites like this one feeds the fires of ignorance to anyone trying to dig dirt up on ATVs. Anyone on the world wide web can come to this site and read posts by our members. What I posted will hurt us if the wrong people read it. It is basically a written confession that could be used against us by the evil doers (Anti ATV Activists - CSPC - Sierra Club). I have also realized that everyone has a God given right to do whatever they want to on their own land (within the realms of the law) and no one has a right to say peep about it - on that same note - it is wrong to do it on public land - and worse yet to create a thread about it and post it here for everyone to read.

A post like "chased by the cops" is bad for everyone - wheather you support my opinions or wheather you hate them. It makes us all like like a bunch of schmucks. For those who agreed with me - you look bad because you are supporting a criminal. For those who disagreed with me - you look bad because you are telling someone you have never met face to face and don't know anything about that they have no brains or are an idiot.

I can't change the fact that I posted the thread, but I can apoligize to you all for doing so. It's stupid posts like that one that do bring us all down. If you are going to be dumb and do things as posted in "chased" - don't be like me and post it on a website for everyone to read.

We need to stick together as a community of brethern - keep each other in line - but not personally attack someone you have never met.

Again - I apoligize for starting the thread - but for those of you who do the same things (actions or posts) - let my being made an example of be a lesson to you.

I hope that my "chased by the cops" can soon be forgoten - but it probably will not. Let's just all remember to think before we post. I learned a lesson here and I hope some of you - especially newbies or kids - can learn from my experience too.

I visit this site on a daily basis and will continue to do so. The stronger the ATV communitee gets - the better off we all are against the brainless folks that make our laws. I visit this site to learn - offer advice - and to be around people that have the same passions as I do. I do not come to this site to make any of us look bad (myself included). It was my own fault for posting such a stupid thread - and again I apoligize.

Kind Regards to all of those on 3 Wheels,

ATCTim

OldSchoolin86
11-05-2004, 04:54 PM
I have a very high respect for anyone who can admit when they did wrong especialy after a beating like that.http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/images/smilies/xyxthumbs.gif

ejc042
11-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Any post I made was not meant as personal attack, and i apologize if it appeared that way. The point myself a few others were trying o make is exactly what you have discovered in this post. I agree with OldSchoolin, it takes a big man to admit to any kind of mistake and that deserves respect.

Kook
11-05-2004, 05:18 PM
I agree with Oldschoolin, it takes a lot of integrity to post this, especially in light of the flaming it started. I say no blood no foul, Tim.

Pistonhead
11-05-2004, 06:29 PM
I have a very high respect for anyone who can admit when they did wrong especialy after a beating like that.http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/images/smilies/xyxthumbs.gif

Agreed, you've got a lot of wood to admit a wrong doing after a beating like that. Also nothing I ever say here has or will ever be a personal attack.

TrikerR
11-05-2004, 08:26 PM
yea that took balls of steel to apoligize like that, when most people would of just ran away from the forum and hoped it just blew over...well done.

84250r
11-05-2004, 10:21 PM
We all make mistakes. Lesson learned.

TimSr
11-07-2004, 03:47 AM
Youre not the first to make such a post, and probably not the last, but Im sure your experience has given an education to others who might have been thinking about it. As far as Im concerned its forgotten, and Im very thankful that unlike some of those in the past, you we smart enough to view negative responses with an open mind and learn something.

Glenn J
11-08-2004, 02:38 PM

Ditto. Good post.

Mr. Sandman
11-08-2004, 02:56 PM
atctim, Apology accepted. I don't think anyone was personally attacking you, just your actions. It just goes to show that most of us take our sport very seriously and don't appreciate anymore bad press or publicity than we have already received for the last 20 years. That being said, I can't remember the last time if ever, our sport received good press or publicity.