PDA

View Full Version : howdy, post whore question?

OldSchoolin86
11-05-2004, 04:56 PM
I used to have a much higher count didn't I? do you still have the high post count list like on the old board? Just curious, thanks.

AirManCam
11-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Who really cares about post counts. If I had my way with the site, I would get rid of the post counter, and just have an avatar message like "rookie" all the way up to "vetran" status's. That way its not such a big deal.
No pun intended :-p

350Xccelerator
11-18-2004, 10:34 PM
well i think post count is cool because it shows that we're really into trikes and that we've been here a while.

smokinp
11-19-2004, 02:14 AM
personally,I like the post count because it shows we care about the site and that we have been around...

Howdy
11-19-2004, 08:36 AM
The post count doesn't mean squat to me. Why? A person could have a post count of 20,000 and not know anything. But another person could have a post count of 250 and be smarter.

Bottom line is this: The good content of postings / replies show that people know their stuff.
Howdy

OldSchoolin86
11-19-2004, 03:42 PM
The post count doesn't mean squat to me. Why? A person could have a post count of 20,000 and not know anything. But another person could have a post count of 250 and be smarter.

Bottom line is this: The good content of postings / replies show that people know their stuff.
Howdy

100% correct! ^^^

I was just wondering because on the old boards there was a link to the top posters. It was fun to see who the biggest post whores were. No big deal, it's something I don't need to see.

ATC crazy
11-19-2004, 05:46 PM
I actually like the post counts. Everyone says that they dont matter...but one of the first things they look at is your post count...Right? No, Im not a post whore (at least I dont think I am?), but having a higher post count is kinda like a status symbol. You know that the person with the higher count most likely knows the people on here better, is more familiar with the site and the way it works. But it dosent mean that the guy with the larger post count knows more than someone with a count of 5...