PDA

View Full Version : Sick and tired of it!!!!!!!!!

MassTrike
11-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Im getting fed up with these communist like freaks who keep bashing trikes, i was just looking around doing a google on 3 wheeler racing, and i came up on this site called OFF-ROAD.COM and theres this dumba** who runs a technical question forum, and there was one guy who asked what he could do to mod out his 200es or something, and this guy goes off saying how stupid they are and how dumb people are for riding them and it just made me sick!! and to top it off i dont even think he even answer the kids question!
Pure and simple old fashioned Communism. heres the website ... http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/columns/dntask/2004_02/

Billy Golightly
11-06-2004, 02:34 AM
*As the page is loading*

Before I even look, let me guess, its Rick "Super Hunky" Sieman?

*Goes and looks*

Yup.....asshole anyways. It does appear to be a new inccident though. His original write up in the late 80's on the 10 worst dirtbikes of all time was and still is used as fodder by anti off-road groups who claim since he is an expert in the field with however many years of experience he claims to have that he must be right, and that three-wheelers are aiken to giving rat poison to a toddler. I really, really, dislike that guy.

OldSchoolin86
11-06-2004, 04:06 AM
OMG this guy is a total idiot! Not only is he an idiot he must have been one of he worst ATC riders of all time. Only a joke of a person could be that ignorant. How can you say trikes are completely unstable over 25mph?

markdb420
11-06-2004, 10:39 AM
I sent that piece of dung a satirical letter mocking him on his views of 3 wheelers. It is tongue in cheek.

Well, sir I guess you fancy yourself some sort of expert on off road vehicles, however your diatribes on three wheelers really display your ignorance. I have to say that the most unstable and poorly designed offroad vehicle is anything on 2 wheels. Far more people get hurt on motorcycles that 3 or 4 wheeled atvs. I hope one day to see the end of the "dangerous two wheeled monstrosity" known as an off road motorcycle. I have quads and 3 wheelers and can out perform most quads on either of my ATC 250r 3 wheelers. The quad is a sissy machine compared to the ATC 250r. Bring on those crappy motorcycles and if you ride with me you will probably fall off, especially with you being a wore out antique. Its people like you that think you actually know something, that is really funny. You need to get back to your room at the retirement community before your missed. Remember to take some Geritol, we out here don't want you to hurt yourself on those dangerous motorcycles!

Mark

atctim
11-06-2004, 11:18 AM
That man is truley ignorant - he needs to be whipped with a car antenna while being puled behind a Big Red - J/K - but he truley is as ignorant as they come.

Billy Golightly
11-06-2004, 04:25 PM
I'd like to know what models he's ridden, and how much time he has in on riding one. He probably road a US90 for 10 minutes when they first came out and figured that makesh im an expert on all makes and models.

markdb420
11-06-2004, 04:28 PM
You are probably right, man! With self appointed know it alls like that its no wonder 3 wheelers got a bad name!

atczack
11-06-2004, 06:20 PM
rick sieman is an annoying little @$$hole. I used to read his forums in dirtbike magazine and i remember him bashing three wheelers every once in a while. he isn't very fond of quads either. come to think of it, hes all about dirtbikes, but i remember him saying he races a bronco or some truck in the baja 1000, not a dirtbike

atcmatt
11-06-2004, 06:41 PM
That guy seems like a real trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to me. I sent him an email to let him know how i think his ignorance is unfair. I mean what can you expect from a guy that calls himself "super hunky", what a loser, hes like 50 years old and ive seen better faces on a crab. :( I bet his name is self-proclaimed :rolleyes:

How can an individual be so hurtful and ignorant?

Matt

Pistonhead
11-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Sorry for my colorful language, but that guy is just a sh**head, period! ATC is probably right, 10 minutes on an 1970 atc 90-that is just as good as a life behind the bars on an 86 250r (sarcasm intended). Who would want to ask anyone who calls himself "super hunky" any question that you want a real answer to? He asked about pipes and pistons, not what you think of threewheelers asshole! God he makes me want to puke, so dirtbikes are better are they? Not that I don't love motorcycles, but at least a 3 wheeler is self supporting and doesn't need a kickstand! What a dink, congratulations offroad.com your super hunky semen face character just stopped me from ever visiting or recommending your website again! I'm used to a little bit of trike bashing, but that just goes too far.

Billy Golightly
11-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Dear Mr. Semen,

In response to your February column of Don't Ask, in which you criticize three-wheelers and comment on "their design flaws" that give them the handling of "Something like a coffee table on three wheels with a 750 Honda four motor on top of it for a high center of gravity" I offer this rebuttal.

Lets talk about stability for a minute. How is it that a dirtbike needs a kickstand or a 3rd reference point to the ground in order to stand up on its own, when it is considered more stable then a three-wheeler? The Three-wheeler has around 5 times more contact with the ground, and has a lower center of gravity. HOW can it be more unstable then a 2 wheeler?

I'd also like to know what makes and models you rode, and for how long did you ride them? How long was your last dirtbike test? Are you aware of the differences between the very early designs (Such as the ATC90, and ATC110) vs the later designs such as the 350X, and Busguy's 250ES? I'd like a honest reply.

Your derogatory comments towards three-wheelers are picked up and used as fodder from many anti off-road groups. In fact, one law firm who "specializes" in off-road incidents including QUADS uses your statement in your "Semi-official losers list" that you created during your time at Dirtbike magazine. http://www.bennettlawfirm.com/atv/slide11.html Talking bad about a machine with your buddies is one thing, doing it in a highly regarded magazine read around the world, where it would be available for use against the off-roading community is a whole other thing that will ultimately come back and hurt you and your dirtbike riding just as much as it does us three-wheeler enthusiasts. You know as well as everyone else riding areas are not getting easy to come by anymore, and all the enviro nuts like the Sierra Club need is an "industry expert" talking about a dislike for three-wheelers or any other off-road machine for their wheels of miss-information to get turning.

If you really feel that strong of a hate for three-wheelers, then please consider doing me, and perhaps the entire off-road culture a favor. Instead of repeatedly voicing your degrading opinion of these machines on your column, Don't even post the messages or make replies to them.You have greatly upset the three-wheeler enthusiasts community because of the amount of time and effort we spend on trying to promote safety and good riding on these machines to the general public. We are striving to make people understand that it is NOT the machine that is at fault, but the user, just like anything else. Then you come out with a column or make some comment that flushes all of it down the shitter. That's all I have to say, except that you will probably be seeing a slight increase in email regarding this issue in the future.

Billy Golightly

I suggest that all of you guys write him an email as well, his address is rick@off-road.com I'll also be making a mention of this on the main page next update, as well as adding him to the people against three-wheelers page.

Pistonhead
11-07-2004, 12:36 AM
You are a good man Billy!

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Dear Mr. Semen,

lmfao Bill, you got me wanting to E-mail him now, this may take awhile ;)

Pistonhead
11-07-2004, 12:42 AM
Look at how Bennet law firm says: "from rick semen, who certainley ought to know" in their little coulmn there. I'm just waiting for them to say: come on everybody do the propaganda!

trikerider2oo7
11-07-2004, 10:20 AM
i hate people like that. it pisses me off to hear that crap. here is the edited version of my email to him:

Dear Mr. Semen,
You are a f*gg*t c**ks**ker that takes it up the *s*. Just because you **** at riding and cant ride a threewheeler doesnt mean you have to run you piehole about them. i have 2 threewheelers and know hundreds of people with them. We all know how to ride them and actually like the challenge of instability. I love riding threewheelers and would never even think of geting rid of mine for a quad. So if you dont like them **** MY B*LLZ B***H!!!

Sincerely,
Michael Hatcher

hondaATCman
11-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Dear Mr. Semen,
You are a f*gg*t c**ks**ker that takes it up the *s*. Just because you **** at riding and cant ride a threewheeler doesnt mean you have to run you piehole about them. i have 2 threewheelers and know hundreds of people with them. We all know how to ride them and actually like the challenge of instability. I love riding threewheelers and would never even think of geting rid of mine for a quad. So if you dont like them **** MY B*LLZ B***H!!!

Oh yeah..thats real nice and formal. :rolleyes: C'mon guys, if you're going to write to him explaining his ignorance... use a nice formal style with questions, proof, and facts. Billy's letter is an excellent example. Stuff like this will either get totally ignored, or fuel his fire.

trikerider2oo7
11-07-2004, 09:08 PM
i hate people like that...if i had a nickel for every person that criticized my trike, i would be rich. i hate it and just wanna beat the hell out of people that say that kind of stuff

atczack
11-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Dear Mr. Semen,

Trikes rule, you drool.
Thanks for your time,
atczack

TTribaLL
11-08-2004, 04:25 AM
Nice job everyone, I might be sending that guy an email later tommorrow...but I'll have to see if its worth even aknowledging that guys opinions. :beer

People like that should not even exist :TrikesOwn

atcmatt
11-08-2004, 06:50 AM
I also wrote him an email. It was pretty funny, I pointed out the obvious fact that he was an insignificant sperm. And at the end I put:

Worst Regards,

Matt

Jeb
11-08-2004, 09:43 AM
I used to enjoy reading "Super Hunky" Rick Siemen's articles in DirtBike for years and years. I was hurt when I saw he was quoted as expert testimony on the Bennett Law Firm WebSite because of that 10 worst article. I couldn't believe he gave ammunition to the enemy that way. So what if he has an opinion that's not in favor of 3-wheelers. That's really not the problem, not everybody likes them. The problem is a so-called champion of off-road enthusiasts like Mr. Siemen standing up to be counted with anti-off road organizations.

Kook
11-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Trikerider2007, I know this kind of negative publicity pisses three-wheeler enthusiasts off, but to send emails like that only advances their cause. A calmly written, well stated email carries a lot more weight than one loaded with expletives and threats. That only gives then fuel for the fire. Keep your temper and tear them up with intelligent argument. They already think we're stupid, let's prove them wrong!

BIGRED_87
11-08-2004, 12:06 PM
here is what i sent to him, and i don't regret a single word of it:

you s*ck. your opinion on 3 wheelers sucks. i'm not going to even waste my time getting into an intellectual discussion on the matter. i'm not going to waste my time trying to sound intelligent and make good points such as bringing up the statistics on how many MORE people have wrecked on 2 wheelers as opposed to 3 wheelers or how much more stable 3 wheelers are as compared to 2 wheelers. i'm not going to waste my time doing that because it's probably already been done before, it probably will be done again because i'm sure you will be seeing or already have seen many more e-mails doing this, and also because no matter how strong of an arguement i make, i simply will NOT change your stubborn ignorant mind. so i will not waste time doing that.

instead, i will simply say that you, as a human being, s*ck. i saw your picture, and the way you look even sucks!! instead of worrying about 3 wheelers, maybe you should look in the mirror and give some of your attention to your fat, out-of-shape, pathetic belly. you got more chins than china town, pal! go ahead, have another double cheeseburger with extra mayo, extra bacon, extra cheese, and a side order of grease to go with it, tough guy. gobble all that down while thinking you're some kind of superior specimen of a life form in this universe.

i will end by saying this: if you think you matter, you don't. if you think your opinion matters, it doesn't. if you think that this entire universe would come to a complete stop if the almighty YOU just suddenly weren't here, it wouldn't. if you think anyone will remember you 1000 years after your are gone, they won't. you are nothing. you are just one grain of sand in the sahara desert; just one drop of water in the pacific ocean. nothing more. well, with that belly, i guess you could be considered as TWO grains of sand while all the rest of us count as one.

now hurry up and finish that burger before it gets cold, and don't forget to wash it down with a super size order of fries and a super size soft drink. hurry up; dessert is waiting.

sincerely,
someone who takes your opinion and impolitely flushes down the toilet.

OldSchoolin86
11-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Easy boys, we are all representatives of 3wheelerworld and should act accordingly. It pisses me off too but as stated before, this only fuels the fire. I'm glad that you guys are using your American rights and voicing your opinions but do you guys really want our group to be labeled as a bunch of hot-heads looking to cause trouble? Take your time as you write to this guy and even if you don't get many good points in just let him know how you feel in a civil and intelligent way. I can be a hot-head around the forums myself but I'm being judged by my peers here. When I go outside of my peers for something like this even I will take the time to properly address the issue.

Billy Golightly
11-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Yes, Do not write out an email that could be confused with someone trying to teach a baboon how to work a keyboard. Keep your emails thought out, relativly clean, and to the point.

Glenn J
11-08-2004, 02:34 PM
That guy is a terrible representative for offroad motorcycle, ATV/ATC use. All he does is rag on people who go to him for advice. Just what these sports need...someone on "our" side giving them ammunition. Thanks a lot for the "Super" job Rick.

Mr. Sandman
11-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Outstanding letter Billy! I would like to add to what others have already said; Don't cuss him out as it only adds fuel to the fire. Flood him with formal, well written, well informed emails on the subject and you'll get the attention your looking for. You might even get the attention of his superiors who will hopefully agree with the fact the he is doing a major disservice to the entire offroad community. And last but not least, PLEASE USE SPELL CHECK before hitting the send button.

hondaATCman
11-08-2004, 09:41 PM
here is what i sent to him, and i don't regret a single word of it:

you s*ck. your opinion on 3 wheelers sucks. i'm not going to even waste my time getting into an intellectual discussion on the matter. i'm not going to waste my time trying to sound intelligent and make good points such as bringing up the statistics on how many MORE people have wrecked on 2 wheelers as opposed to 3 wheelers or how much more stable 3 wheelers are as compared to 2 wheelers. i'm not going to waste my time doing that because it's probably already been done before, it probably will be done again because i'm sure you will be seeing or already have seen many more e-mails doing this, and also because no matter how strong of an arguement i make, i simply will NOT change your stubborn ignorant mind. so i will not waste time doing that.

instead, i will simply say that you, as a human being, s*ck. i saw your picture, and the way you look even sucks!! instead of worrying about 3 wheelers, maybe you should look in the mirror and give some of your attention to your fat, out-of-shape, pathetic belly. you got more chins than china town, pal! go ahead, have another double cheeseburger with extra mayo, extra bacon, extra cheese, and a side order of grease to go with it, tough guy. gobble all that down while thinking you're some kind of superior specimen of a life form in this universe.

i will end by saying this: if you think you matter, you don't. if you think your opinion matters, it doesn't. if you think that this entire universe would come to a complete stop if the almighty YOU just suddenly weren't here, it wouldn't. if you think anyone will remember you 1000 years after your are gone, they won't. you are nothing. you are just one grain of sand in the sahara desert; just one drop of water in the pacific ocean. nothing more. well, with that belly, i guess you could be considered as TWO grains of sand while all the rest of us count as one.

now hurry up and finish that burger before it gets cold, and don't forget to wash it down with a super size order of fries and a super size soft drink. hurry up; dessert is waiting.

sincerely,
someone who takes your opinion and impolitely flushes down the toilet.

LOL, this doesn't say much except that he's fat, ugly, and nothing more than a piece of dog trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro on the bottom of our shoes, and I'll repeat what I said earlier:

Oh yeah..thats real nice and formal. C'mon guys, if you're going to write to him explaining his ignorance... use a nice formal style with questions, proof, and facts. Billy's letter is an excellent example. Stuff like this will either get totally ignored, or fuel his fire.

But...I do like the closing of your letter though. :D

MassTrike
11-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Its totally awesome to see all of you guys that come together and express your feelings toward people who are so one sided to a community of riders who technically are all one in the same, just think of it , 3 wheelers are like the pilgrims of all atving as it is today. if it werent for trikes, most pro racers wouldnt be where they are today, i mean look at all they're bio's, they mostly all started on trikes. Again, its really cool to know all you guys care so much for the sport that you stand up for your right, NOW THATS A TRUE COMMUNITY!!