PDA

View Full Version : Blaster pics

YAMAHA_Jim
11-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Here's the flat tracker almost ready to race. I cant wait until January when the races start. GOT CONCRETE?!

smokinwrench
11-07-2004, 01:32 AM
Job well done Jim. That thing looks nice. Seat looks kinda goofy but I'm sure it will work well with the flat track racing.

YAMAHA_Jim
12-31-2004, 05:39 PM
....more blaster pics :0
Since the last pics,I added 1.5 inch wheelspacers to the right side and put on alot of stickers,,,and new #'s.I also put the stock heelguards on. I still have sticker space available if anyone wants to send me some stickers :) The 1st race is January 8th in middletown,NY if anyone wants to race or watch.

trikerider2oo7
12-31-2004, 05:57 PM
looks nice jim...have fun

x.system
12-31-2004, 07:16 PM
Nice job, what kind of course is it, I don't see a swaybar?

wheelie king
12-31-2004, 07:42 PM
Ah yes, the wheel spacers give it a GREAT stance. That is a well done bike. Of course, before I deem it "race ready", I'd have to ride it. :D Look me up if your in FL ;)

All joking aside, great job. That seat is great for staying low and leaning....kinda like a flat track bike should have! Great job.

WK

Trikeaholic
12-31-2004, 11:19 PM
Are those tires heavy? They look heavy for a little motor to turn. PM me your address,I will send you some company stickers of mine, then you will have a corporate sponsor! Yes, I will give you a tool or something too!

Dynofox
01-01-2005, 12:29 AM
Good luck this season. :)

YAMAHA_Jim
01-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks guys,I spent alot of time and $$$ on this one.not too many guys use swaybars on this track.Tieing down the susp. works just as good and is cheaper.I have a solid strut in the rear.It is a very small concrete track.Coke syrup is sprayed on the track for traction.The temp is usually near or below freezing.
Trikeaholic,This is the same motor that I used on the dragstrip at TF04 (62mph).That was turning 22 inch balloon tires and beating banshee's and whatever else. The american racer tires are 20 inch and are very light and the rims dont weigh much more than 8 inch rims.My 195lb ass is the only thing it has to pull,lol holic,,thanx in advance for the corprate stickers and tool :)

Trikeaholic
01-01-2005, 11:33 AM
thats a stout motor. I remember that thing being pretty quick. are the mods a secret?

YAMAHA_Jim
01-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey trikeaholic,
I recieved the stickers and tools today.Thanx for the corprate sponsorship :)
the blaster mods are not a secret,30mm carb,LRD exaust,reed spacer,AKTIVE carbon fiber reeds,KN filter. The next step is port/polish but i might just skip all that and get a 240 kit. The biggest mod is the loose nut behind the handlebars.

YAMAHA_Jim
01-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Well,,,The first flat track race is in the record books.I raced in the Ametuer class.I took 1st in my heat race and 3rd in the main.In the heat race I started on the pole w/ a fast yfz450 next to me.Luckily he jumped the green flag and was sent to the back of the pack.I led the heat race from start to finish. In the main I started on the outside front row. When the green flag fell a 400ex caught my front wheel before we made it to the first turn and we were both into the wall.I pulled myself off the wall and got going again before the leaders lapped me.1 lap later the starter guy flagged me to move over cuz the leaders wanted to get by.i went into the turn on the outside,I then looked around and 1st and 2nd place were tangled and 1 rider was going through the air.That brought out a red flag and a restart.I restarted in 3rd and stayed there til the checkered flag.A 250 quadracer got 1st place and a 287cc blaster took 2nd place.That blaster totally kicked my arse on the straight.
The pro quad race was awesome too.These guys go around this track WICKED fast.Tommy Lombardo won the pro quad class.Theres also a ton of 2 wheeled classes to watch.

GreenBoy
01-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Congrats on that great result !!!
Good luck for further races and cya soon.
Hagen

Billy Golightly
01-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Sounds awesome Jim. Ready for the 240 kit now? :D

BigGreenMachine
01-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Jim, I assume no trikes are allowed to race. Its too bad they aren't. The way you set up and modified your Blaster makes me wonder how you would build one of your Tri-Z's to race on concrete. I'd love to see that.

How did your Blaster work at the race, anything you'd change? How was the seat?

REDMAN225
01-15-2005, 09:50 AM
hey jim...i think i'll check out those races again this year. what time do they start?....red

YAMAHA_Jim
01-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Races start at 7pm , $12 admission

YAMAHA_Jim
01-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Here's a pic from last weeks race.Its was shot a second after the green flag flew.That guy on the yfz is good off the line.,,a bit to good :)

Tonite I finished 2nd in my heat race, and got 1st in the B-main. 7th place overall out of 19 guys. A yfz450 beat me in the heat race,,man those things are fast.I had no problem staying with him, but didnt have the HP to pass him. 200cc vs 450cc.
In the b-main I started on the front row in the center.I had 2nd place the entire race.I was following a very nice TRXr.I was on his arse for the whole race waiting for the space to get my front wheels under him.For some reason the guy on the trx let off the gas 10' from the checkered flag and I went flying by on the inside and won the race.At first I wasnt sure who won until the starter pointed the checkered flag at me.
I will post pic(s) again next week.

REDMAN225
01-16-2005, 02:22 PM
cool!!!.... i was there watching. you guys are crazy!!! man there were alot of people there!

hollywood
01-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Congrats, that was definately a good race to watch!!!!

YAMAHA_Jim
01-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanx Hollywood,Congrats to you as well on the 1st place.I want to race you in the a-main atleast once this yr :) :w00t:

YAMAHA_Jim
01-30-2005, 12:50 AM
Here's a few pics from the last race(2 wks ago).1st place in the bmain= 7th overall.
Tonite I did CHITTY. In the heat race I got 4th place(5 guys),I started in the back on the outside. A Banshee spun around backwards infront of me in the 1st turn and I slammed him.By the time we got goin again we were lapped and Hollywood was in the lead on his YFZ.The banshee got out infront of me and I passed him a few turns later.I couldnt catch anyone else so I just let off and cruised to the finish.
I was leading the Cmain until I made a stupid mistake.I started in the middle on the front row.I pulled a badarse holeshot on a 400ex and a 400 poolaris scrambler w/ the banshee on the back row..A lap or 2 went by and the 400ex was right on my bumper,I was on the back stretch,full throttle when I saw the polaris and banshee tangled up in the middle of the turn.I misjudged the space I had to get buy on the inside,so I went outside,As I went by I saw that there was enough space on the inside,boy was i peed off.The guy on the 400ex took advantage and went by on the inside.After that I couldnt catch him so I started playing:) knowing that 3rd and 4th were out,I bicycled my blaster for a lap and a half or so and did a nice wheelie.After the finish I tried doing a stoppie but the front brakes were too hot.I finished 2nd and got 15th overall ,,,Oh well,try again next week.I stayed for a few more races and headed for home. Congrats to Hollywood #211- 2nd place overall. ,,,hey Hollywood,Who won the pro class tonite??

TrikerR
01-30-2005, 03:38 AM
unlucky jim. man thats one cool blaster, i cant wait till i get mine.

YAMAHA_Jim
02-06-2005, 12:23 AM
For those of you that are interested,,(not too many replies)
1st place in the Bmain,7th overall, My Blaster is setup perfect,tire pressure is the key to everything. I got 4th in the heat race,before the main I pumped up my outside tires(rock hard),I got the holeshot and never looked back.All I need now is 40 more cc's :) a Honda450 finished 2nd behind me followed by a 350x powered blaster,somekind of yellow machine got 4th,I didnt pay much attention to what it was.

lisnup65
02-06-2005, 07:34 AM
For those of you that are interested,,(not too many replies)
1st place in the Bmain,7th overall, My Blaster is setup perfect,tire pressure is the key to everything. I got 4th in the heat race,before the main I pumped up my outside tires(rock hard),I got the holeshot and never looked back.All I need now is 40 more cc's :) a Honda450 finished 2nd behind me followed by a 350x powered blaster,somekind of yellow machine got 4th,I didnt pay much attention to what it was.

Congrats!!!!!!!!! I only wish we had something around here like what you have.

Billy Golightly
02-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Man, nice going Jim. Get that custom built YFZ in the works and you might as well get that flag tatooed on you :p

YAMAHA_Jim
02-13-2005, 01:38 AM
Thunderdome 2005 is in the History books :(
Tonight I finished dead last. :w00t: In my heat race I started on the pole.Hollywood was on my right on his yfz.In the first turn,me and Hollywood got tangled up and I went into and over my handlebars and landed on the back of his yfz.He waited just long enough for me to roll off the back of his quad then took off and left me for dead,lol. I was lapped before I got moving again.I finished last,putting me in the Cmain.
In the main I started on the front row w/ 2 yfz's inside of me and a warrior behind us.When we took off I stayed to the outside hoping the yfz's would crash in the first turn.That didnt happen,the warrior also snuck infront of me before I could get to the inside.I stayed right behind the warrior until the finish.He did a good job holding the inside line.The YFZ's finished about 2-3 seconds ahead of us. I also ripped my Yamaha pants wide open from the buckle down to the left knee when I went over the bars in the heat race,I guess they got caught on the handlebars.RRRIIIIIPPPPP,talk about wardrobe malfuntion. Hopefully for Thunderdome 2006 I will have a yfz450 w/ lotsa goodies. Here's pics from last weeks race,Thats Hollywood on the yfz.

TimSr
02-13-2005, 02:55 AM
Congratulations for going out there and doing it, and putting up the good fight! Any race you can exit without the aid of a parmedic is a good one. I just cant see you on a YFZ though!

YAMAHA_Jim
02-13-2005, 09:48 AM
The morning after,,,My leg is sore and I have a nasty bruise from the handlebar. I love battle wounds
Tim sr- i know I cant manuever a yfz in the woods like I can a blaster,but for flat track its a must have item :)

YAMAHA_Jim
02-13-2005, 07:21 PM
I found this link full of Thunderdome pics from this year.Thought I'd pass it along,,,I'm in there a few times.
http://www.fastdirtracing.com/photos.htm

TimSr
02-14-2005, 12:54 AM
How do the Banshees work for flat track? I would think they would be great on one hand, but on the other hand I see them screaming, with wheels spinning and smoking, but not going anywhere.

YAMAHA_Jim
02-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Depends on how the banshee is setup.If its setup correctly it will hook up very good and be very fast on the straights.But most banshee's that race here arent setup right;tie downs for lowering kit,and holeshots or knobby tires.They usually come out of the turns and fishtail the rearend down the straightaway,then they blip the throttle to setup for the turn and they go into the turn out of control and spin out.Banshee's make a ton of power but they always have trouble putting it to the ground.A nicely lowered/widened YFZ450 is problably the best machine to have oin this track.The lowend torque and handling is unbelievable.
Keep in mind that most of the quads that race here are basically setup for MX and are lowered using tie down or ratchet straps.When you do this your suspension becomes very stiff,making the quad hop going through the turns and allowing alot of wheelspin coming out of the turn.Lowering kits still allow full use of the suspension and it helps in keeping the tires glued to the ground.Tire pressure is also a big factor too; if your running flat track tires.

Its too bad this type of flat track racing isnt more popular. Its very fun to race(or watch).Its fairly safe compared to MX or Hare scrambles.You dont have to be in great physical shape to race.We are respectful to treehuggers as well b/c we race on concrete and its indoors.I think for next year they will have a pocketbike class too.,,,still no trikes :(

hollywood
02-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Thunderdome 2005 is in the History books :(
Tonight I finished dead last. :w00t: In my heat race I started on the pole.Hollywood was on my right on his yfz.In the first turn,me and Hollywood got tangled up and I went into and over my handlebars and landed on the back of his yfz.He waited just long enough for me to roll off the back of his quad then took off and left me for dead,lol. I was lapped before I got moving again.I finished last,putting me in the Cmain.
In the main I started on the front row w/ 2 yfz's inside of me and a warrior behind us.When we took off I stayed to the outside hoping the yfz's would crash in the first turn.That didnt happen,the warrior also snuck infront of me before I could get to the inside.I stayed right behind the warrior until the finish.He did a good job holding the inside line.The YFZ's finished about 2-3 seconds ahead of us. I also ripped my Yamaha pants wide open from the buckle down to the left knee when I went over the bars in the heat race,I guess they got caught on the handlebars.RRRIIIIIPPPPP,talk about wardrobe malfuntion. Hopefully for Thunderdome 2006 I will have a yfz450 w/ lotsa goodies. Here's pics from last weeks race,Thats Hollywood on the yfz.

Awe, C'mon I would never leave you for dead!!!!LOL (maybe a checkered flag?) I still had no Idea that you flew over the bars onto me!!! I'd like to see the video of that one,LOL Well, they're gonna have another series in July for the fair. I hope to see you there....Hollywood

YAMAHA_Jim
03-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Hey Hollywood, There is always the next race :) I still have the bruise on my leg from that wreck. I want to race there in the summer, depends on if my blaster is together or not. If I dont race,I'll still be there cheering on Hollywood Motorsports. 211 :w00t: :w00t: