PDA

View Full Version : Ricks "Hotshot" CDI boost box.

Wickedfinger
11-07-2004, 08:42 PM
I won one on eBay the other day and mounted it on the Scrammy today. Its a CDI replacement box. I havn't had a chance to ride it but supposedly it boosts horsepower by a couple of ponies all over the band, follows a clutched and modified 400L motors power curve more efficiently, raises the RPM limits and has duplicator circuits for reliability. Hunting season has taken a toll on my riding this fall, but when I get her out, I'll post a write up as to if it was worth it. With this last mod, I'm pretty much at the stock motors potential (55hp) - I sense some porting on the horizon ...... or maybe a new V-Force ..........

Wickedfinger
11-22-2004, 06:54 PM
... well, I had the Scrammy out for a bit Sunday - I switched over to my "winter jets" and adjusted the clip a little richer - as well as installed the Hotshot CDI box. I do have to say, the Rick's box pretty much does what they said it would - It not only seemed to raise my upper RPMs but it allows the engine to actually rev noticably quicker. The powerband just seems a bit better throughout the run and matches my clutch tuning almost perfectly. I'd have to say it was a good $60 some odd spent.

cliff2302
11-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Nice add on. Do they make these CDI's for any ATC's? $60 is probably cheaper than a stock CDI, plus more performance. Good find.

OldSchoolin86
11-22-2004, 11:32 PM
I my experience they have been junk but I'm glad it worked out for you. I bet the extra rpm's are nice on a PVT system.

Wickedfinger
11-23-2004, 06:59 PM
I bet the extra rpm's are nice on a PVT system.
Heck ya - more rpms on a PVT mean a higher top speed, in a round about way.