PDA

View Full Version : Paintballing

sickKLT20081
11-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Does anybody here go paintballing, if you do, what do you use for guns, balls, camo, or just your favorite types of little games, or where you mostly go, or if any of you guys live around each other.

TheOlderFox
11-09-2004, 05:22 PM
I am currently not playing, but have for a few years and plan to get back to it. I have had a Tippmann carbine, and a PMI Pirahna both of which I upgraded some. I used either 32 degree or PMI paintballs and depending on where I was playing either I used some camo or none. I like woods games where I get to sneek around, but speed ball can be a bit of a rush too. That depended on whether I was at a park or a friend's house. I still believe that it is the player's skills and not the gun quality that make the difference. If you are starting off, don't buy that 500+ gun. Not needed. Tippmanns you can't kill. Some of the Spyders or PMI's are good guns for the money too. Get a good barrel and match paint diameter to it for best performance. Upgrading the bolt, lower pressure chamber, or expansion chamber help too. It is a fun sport, just can get expensive. Buy used where you can too.

ATC crazy
11-09-2004, 09:52 PM
I traded my 98 Custom for a real gun. Paintball is just way to expensive for me...it was close to $50 a day to play at my house....not to mention what you would have to pay to go to a real field. It is awesome though...I miss the fun.

200xkwit
11-09-2004, 11:30 PM
I play at pats paintball down the street from time to time. i have an 02 autococker that works awsome! and a few other things but defenatly look into an auto cocker or a spyder... I have a sonix its not to good for speed ball tho

honda200boyatc
11-09-2004, 11:31 PM
u did have a gun i had a spyder sonic from wallmart and u used any kinda paintballs i could have but when i went with my unit to the place in WI i used a 98 carbine that was nice and the fun games are cature the flag or protest the persident that one is fun also protect the casile but ya thes some ideas

MTS
11-09-2004, 11:38 PM
paint ball is a blast..i go in the summer as often as i can with my friends i have 2 nice paint ball courses around my area...im not heavy into it so i just rent a gun...i find the funnest games are speed ball..and then the 2 teams for last man standing...:)

Jeb
01-20-2005, 10:48 PM
I just go into it this past Christmas and it's a blast! Always wanted to play since the 80s. My bro got his son a semi-auto gun for christmas. As a total suprise my Ma got me and my bro (her 30 year old kids :p ) a players kit so we could play with my nephew. We have had more fun just stalking each other and playing capture the flag. I have yet to go to a true park but hope to soon.

I had to have a semi-auto so I splurged and got the Tippmann A-5 with the "E-Grip" for the full-auto and 3-round burst capability. I've just got it so I haven't had a chance to play with it. I have taken it out in the yard and burned up some paint. :D It'll rock-n-roll. :Bounce I've enjoyed the Talon pump gun in the pic immensly so I figure I'm gonna love this gun. I got a 20 oz tank for the A-5 and if feels huge. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play some this weekend.

I'd love to mod mine to look like the 2nd two pics. Yes the paintball grenade launcher is available here:

http://www.tippmannordnance.com

:beer

TrikeKid
01-20-2005, 11:26 PM
i have a Brass Eagle Stingray 2 and a Talon. but i think Airsoft is better for my budget. the only problem is that my mom freaked when she saw the welts on my back(playing indoor with a t shirt) and has forbidden me buying a gun or playing. besides when i told one of my friends that plays that i had a stingray he laughed :wondering

thefox
01-20-2005, 11:28 PM
I used to have a tippmann 98 which I sold last year since I hadn't played for a while. To my suprise when I got back to college after christmas break I found a bin of paintball guns waiting for me! One of the guys down the hall was given 11 guns, 8 tanks and 5 masks, he had never played before but knew I used to so he brought them all in. After spending a few days cleaning and fixing we have 9 of the guns working. I can't wait to get out and play again.

http://images.snapfish.com/34294%3A8723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2337%3D353%3D6%3B%3C %3DXROQDF%3E232375762646%3Aot1lsi

New2ATC
01-20-2005, 11:35 PM
i used to have a eagle talon.. than a blade ( the gun on the bottom of the pic above) and then a tippman model 98 with a 25oz co2 tank.. i got into airsoft now so i have a cheap cyma pistol.

Quickonstep
01-21-2005, 12:42 AM
i played there for a while, then again, the money issue.. i couldnt see buying 3 and 4 cases a weekend for paintball.. i had a WGP E-orracle with a Freak system and a few other things.. i thought the paint was going to be cheap lol.. even at a discount it was almost 100 bux a weekend to play.. i have a picture of it around here someplace.. maybe ill dig it up.

Jesse

PowerTrike
01-21-2005, 11:35 PM
I have played borrowing my friends equipment and it is lots of fun. I always get crap about spending too much money on my wheelers instead of buying a gun... oh well

Pistonhead
01-22-2005, 01:25 AM
I used to play quite a bit, but I got real busy in the last year or so so I haven't gone out for a while. I think I probably will again this summer though. My buddy used to have a real fancy gun and all the goodies, but he ended up selling it. I always used rentals, usually tippmans or brass eagles. My only problem is I am too tall for the little plywood things they have for cover at indoor paintball, so whenever I do that I usually get shot up real nice, outdoor is another story though!

NOS_350X
01-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Well i play all the time. Supair only (tourney style). I use a 04 shocker thats the fastest and most accurate marker ive ever shot.

atczack
01-22-2005, 04:42 PM
I have a tippman A-5 with a Flatline sniper barrel and the Response Trigger which makes it full auto if you find the 'Sweet Spot' when you pull the trigger. It has the laser dot pointer, just put the dot on the enemy and pull the trigger! 3000 PSI Nitrogen tank ( Nitrogen is better than CO2 in my opinion) with quick disconnect hose. I have a JAVA antifog tournament mask and a Mossy Oak 'Breakup' Gilly suit that makes me invisible and you dead when you walk past me in the woods! I have never played speedball ( it look's dumb) I only play in the wood's on my property or my friend's property. We play team's, 1 on 1, or 1 person hide everybody else hunt him down. All kind's of different stuff. The gun is also fun to shoot possum's and racoon's that get on the front porch at night and try to eat the cat's food. That is if I dont shoot them with the .22 first!

New2ATC
01-23-2005, 04:45 AM
nice gun.... my tippmann had a sniper barrell on it.. i traded the gun for a minibike though..

Jeb
01-24-2005, 12:12 PM
atczack, I see you got the double finger trigger on your A-5. I may later get into the compressed air stuff. I bought a smaller tank (9oz) Saturday and one of the butt-plates that go on it. I got to play this weekend with the 9oz'er and the 20oz'er on the gun and the 20 is too big attached to the gun. I need to go with the hose for it.

And the full auto e-grip really burns up paint! I played with my brother and nephew this weekend. We like to hunt each other too. I'm not even sure I know what the speedball game is! :D Anyway I didn't tell my brother I got the gun last week. He even called me on the phone Friday night telling me about the 98 custom he almost bought! We play on my parents land so I stopped down the road, walked out in the pasture and I stashed the A-5 out. When we started playing I left as normal with my Talon then switched and hosed him down with the full auto when he found me. It was funny he was stunned. He and his son team up against me. I caught them coming down a tight trail through some trees. I jumped out and starting shooting my brother. My nephew was behind him and started trying to shoot me (he has a semi-auto). My bro was caught in the cross-fire. My nephew pelted him in the back several times shooting at me and I popped him a couple times from the front!! :beer

I like the A-5 allot. In the near future I'm sure I'll be after the flat-line barrel system.

NOS_350X
01-24-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm not even sure I know what the speedball game is!

WOW and you play paintball? Its a close fast pace game 7on7 with a 5 minute game based on points. Normaly its played on a Sup-air field (blow up bunkers) In a game you typicaly shoot about 500+ balls. Its alot faster pace and being sneaky donsent help one bit. Most the guns can shoot abut 15-22bps. You wont see any tippmans spyders or other crappy guns playing. They just cant compete. And if your thinkin "aww these guys just spray and pray" thats not the case. You want me to single shot ya i will most the guns are the most accurate guns youll ever shoot.

atczack
01-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Jeb, the flatline barrel is SO awesome! I highly recomend it. You can't tell by looking at the fat barrel casing from the outside, but on the inside the barrel actually has a curve in it that put's a backspin on the paintball and make's it kinda fight gravity as it's flying through the air. On very, very, very, rare occasion's, if you are the right distance away from somebody, you can shoot somebody that is standing BEHIND a tree because the ball will shoot straight as a arrow for a very long distance and then go up or sideways or something. You can use this curve as an advantage and peg somebody behind a tree if the distance is right. The double trigger is sweet for the response button because it put's a different leverage on the response button and makes the trigger kinda 'bounce' off of your finger while your in the sweet spot. The laser dot is useless, just on there for the heck of it. I just do like everybody else and watch the stream of paintballs to aim. My gun is nowhere near finished though, I have lot's of goodie's I want to add. NOS 350X, I've never tried speedball, so I guess I shouldn't knock it. There's a speedball course in Lake City that the owner of the paintball shop keep's trying to get me to play in. I don't think I would like it, I like the wood's, but I should try it. Have you heard of 'Wayne's World'? No, not the movie, the paintball course. That's about an hour away from me on I-75 south. I have never went there to play, but I want to. They got people flying over in Gyrocopter's shooting people on the ground and people in Dune buggy's shooting people. It's crazy.

BigGreenMachine
01-25-2005, 01:39 AM
I've got a Brass Eagle Raptor, all stock. I played alot this summer at Texas Paintball in Austin, they have some nice fields and I think playing the woods games and the forts was the most fun. I came home and had a few woods games with my budd, great fun and I intend to keep playing.

Jeb
01-25-2005, 12:13 PM
WOW and you play paintball?

Why yes, ever since Christmas '04. :D What's that, just about a month now? :p I guess some consider the Tippmann guns crap but $1500 for a paintball gun is not even realistic in my case. I'd love to shoot one sometime, but It would just make me want one. Hey, I'm just starting out. I'll learn more about it as time goes on but the Tippmann will have to do for me. Makes me wish I'd have gotten into it 10 or 15 years ago.

Thanks for the speed ball description NOS, now I know! Sounds like fun. Do those Sup-Air barriers inflate and deflate why your playing?

atczack, Sounds like the flat-line needs to be my first upgrade! and that deal with the GyroCopters sounds cool too. Did you take a look at all that stuff on www.tippmannordnance.com ? Those would sure spice a game up too. To bad most of it's only available to military and law enforcement.

I'm with you BigGreen! The woods games are fun.

You guys ever tried those paint grenades?