PDA

View Full Version : Haspin '03?

OldSchoolin86
01-09-2003, 08:05 PM
I know it's early but I'm already looking forward to another Trikefest in Haspin this year. Has anyone put any thought in to it besides me? I figure the earlier we can set a date the more likely it is for a great turn out. If we atleast pick a month it would be a start. Any input here or am I just way ahead of myself?

The truth is I have some really nasty, muddy, stinky boots that I can't wait to wear in Holics camper.

Trikeaholic
01-09-2003, 10:16 PM
I heard mabey July, but I want it known that my wife let herself get pregnant and the baby is due July 7. July wont work for me, I would need a solid month to spend with my new baby. Early June, I could easily swing it, but then again, if I get this new job...........who knows. I will do everything in my power to make it, I got a score to settle with OS. plus, I hope to have my tiger ready for the dragstrip.

G-MAN-1
01-09-2003, 10:21 PM
yeh i would also like to know so i can get the time off way in advance. howdy should set the daye reallly soon so there is a good turn out. IM READY :D :D :D :D :clap :bounce :D :Beerchug

catfishwhisker
01-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Congrats Trikeaholic! I was hoping for July because my wife got pregnant too! She's due June 10th, which means I may be screwed anyway I look at it. I want to go really bad. I may just have to take a class on how to deliver a baby and go anyway. If ya'll see a woman on the side of a trail, laying on her back with her legs wide open and a man kneeling down tugging at something, pay no nevermind, it's just me pulling Catfish Jr. out! LOL! I really would like to make it, we'll just have to wait and see.

Trikeaholic
01-09-2003, 11:24 PM
thank you, catfish, Im pretty excited, but I dont want to miss the ride!!!!

Howdy
01-10-2003, 09:10 AM
I will take input on this Until 1/17/03.
On 1/18/02 I will Post a 1 week poll for you to pick the final choice of weekends.

Ok let's get a date set !!!! I think we should hold the ride in June, July or August.

I need some input on how many days to have it. 3 Days worked fairly good last year. But holding it 4 days might be better. I will take input on this for 1 week. You can Post, PM, or Email me your choices.

What Days:
Choice's:
#A ) Friday through Sunday. ( 3 Days, same as 2002 )
#B ) Thursday through Sunday. ( 4 Days )
#C ) Friday thru Monday. ( 4 days )
Get me your choice for the above ASAP!!

Now we need to see what weekend would be best for you? ( Note: I am just listing the Friday thru Sunday Dates until we get the amount of days set. ) Please pick 4-5 Weekends that work the Best for you.
Here are the Choices to chooze from:

#1 ) May 30 - June 1 - Memorial Day weekend
#2 ) June 6-8
#3 ) June 13-15
#4 ) June 20-22
#5 ) June 27-29
#6 ) July 4-6 - Independance Weekend.
#7 ) July 11-13
#8 ) July 18-20
#9 ) July 25-27
#10 ) August 1-3
#11 ) August 8-11
#12 ) August 15-18
#13 ) August 22-24

Labor day weekend is a 100% out for me. I have Yearly plans for that weekend ( 12 year tradition ).

I will Keep a tally of the TOP 5 Weekends picked and put up a poll so you can set the final weekend. Once set I will Notify "The Haspin Crew" of Our Date, Plans, ect and see if we can reserve the Shelter House we had last year.
Thanks
Howdy

P.S. Lets go TRIKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

86waterpumper
01-10-2003, 10:41 AM
Wow everyone is havin younguns...I am in the same boat HAHHA...My wife is due aug 4, so close to that time or after I coudln't make it. Oh well got to take a bit of time sometimes where there will be future trike riders eh??? Congrats catfish and holic looks like I need to get on ebay and find me a plastic 250r trike for waterpumper jr ;p

Billy Golightly
01-10-2003, 12:06 PM
For me, since I'll probably be working over at the Honda dealer, and they are not open on Mondays, I'll say Friday to monday. Independance weekend is for sure out on me as my mom always has a realestate party that I have to help her take care of things with. Memorial weekend is also out. I vote for sometime mid-late August Perhaps even September so as to give everyone a good deal of time to plan, and hopefully work out with everyone's babies their having ;)

freaksfix
01-10-2003, 12:28 PM
Im in just let me know when. I dont have a license so I'll see if my brother and his friends can bring me, they ride CARTS is that ok???

mudfreak99
01-10-2003, 02:43 PM
I was not fortunate to make it last year (cause I knew nothing about it, I was not part of the site then) But I live in Ky and would be more then happy to make the trip to haspin... I have seen the pics from last year and it looked liked everyone really enjoyed themselves... I look forward to it.

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-10-2003, 05:21 PM
you guys might be seeing me this year :-D :-D :-D , my friend/neigbor just got his license and hes got a truck with a closed trailer and everything, lets hear where it its gonna be and everything, he has an 85 tri-z, and me on my 84 R, and maybe his 250ex :) :) , thats if we can, lets hope so!!

OldSchoolin86
01-10-2003, 05:54 PM
My vote is B & 4 (Thurs-Sun & June 20-22)

June 20-22 sound like we could get most of the guys who posted already. July 25-Aug 24 is completely out for me. Getting married Aug 2 and will be in Vegas from Aug 11-18. I'm all for a Thurs-Sun trip. I'd take Thurs-Mon off at work and have Mon to sleep.

Will this work for you Holic? Are you ready for what's commin' to you and your mobile pumpkin? :D

MIK6
01-10-2003, 06:59 PM
COUNT ME IN!! I'll take a 4 or 5 day weekend!! July is hard for me, but june is wide open. I'll try to get there on thurs to get the camp site set up.

KEEP US INFORMED
MIK6

kimmer250r
01-10-2003, 10:19 PM
I CAN'T go june 20-22...sorry. My sister-in-law is getting married. I think I'm good for any other dates. Can't wait to go! If I ever get my stinkin' R finished! As for the venison...it's in short supply. I have 2 packs of burger, 2 packs of steaks, and I plan on buying some hamburger or brats to make up for the rest. I know 2 of the steaks go to you swinehart..lol. See ya guys there!

86waterpumper
01-11-2003, 03:28 AM
lol...thanks for the invite john...i hope to be better prepared this year. I've got a tent, and a air mattress, propane lantern, teflon cooking set, dry ice, etc etc, and hopefullly by then I'll have a fairly new 4runner to take instead of the big toy. just a matter of dates and whether they will work out for me..

OldSchoolin86
01-11-2003, 08:43 AM
I'm with Holic, Memorial Day weekend sounds great but I'm open to anything before July 25.

Dynofox
01-11-2003, 01:25 PM
I'm definatly in this year, but i'm not sure how i'd get there since I don't have a truck. Anyone going from central NY that wouldn't mind some company??

OldSchoolin86
01-11-2003, 07:33 PM
CRAP!!! The whip just cracked and Memorial Day weekend is out for me. I have a wedding to go to and 3 b-days. WTF.

HemiChallenger71
01-11-2003, 10:36 PM
I would have to say the Friday through Monday or Thursday through sunday. Ideally for me a Thursday thru Monday would be great, but either one of those work's for me. August 15-18 would also be bad for me because of Woodward Car cruise. As for the date the 4th of July and Memorial day weekend Labor day weekend too with June 6-8 and 13-15 are completly out for me. June 20-22 or June 27-29 would be great.

My choice would be B or C and #4, #5 and #7,8,9,10,11, with #13 too.

My final pick for the date would be #4.

Howdy
01-14-2003, 09:09 AM
Last Call !!!

I just want to give fair notice that I am about to post a poll to ge the date set ASAP. Please give me your input ASAP. I want to put the Poll up a little sooner that I originally posted.

Again: Here are the Choices to chooze from:

#1 ) May 30 - June 1 - Memorial Day weekend
#2 ) June 6-8
#3 ) June 13-15
#4 ) June 20-22
#5 ) June 27-29
#6 ) July 4-6 - Independance Weekend.
#7 ) July 11-13
#8 ) July 18-20
#9 ) July 25-27
#10 ) August 1-3
#11 ) August 8-11
#12 ) August 15-18
#13 ) August 22-24

Labor day weekend is a 100% out for me. I have Yearly plans for that weekend ( 12 year tradition ).

I plan on Posting the Poll Thursday Morning.

Thanks
Howdy

Dynofox
01-14-2003, 11:38 AM
Any weekend is fine for me, can't wait! :-D

3WheelHouston
01-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Hey Kimmer I'll try to put back some venison and some hog for Trikefest if I can manage, but I don't know how much I can bring, or if I will make it. But I'll try. I'm good for any date you guys set. I would think that September would be more difficult for those with children as they have school, but the weather sure would be nice. That's my .02

DixiePlowboy
01-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Depending on the date decided upon, I may be able to join yall this time 'round. I may only get to do a hit 'n run if it falls on a bad weekend.

I'm for early August-on, Howdy.

I should have my R in good shape by then. I may be able to bring along a brother or two with rides and some hog or venison. Is this place pretty easy going, or what? I can't eat off the grill without a cold beer, so they cool with that?

Howdy
01-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Yes that is cool. They don't want you drinking and riding ( I don't care for it either, lol ). You will be hard pressed to find a more laid back place.

DixiePlowboy
01-15-2003, 05:03 PM
Good deal!

I ain't much for drinking and riding either. It's the cookout that gets me craving a beer :D :Beerchug .

I'd rather stay rubber side down, myself.

G-MAN-1
01-16-2003, 10:18 PM
WELL POST THE POLL.................HOWDYYYYYYYYYYYYY :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :clap :Pimp

Howdy
01-16-2003, 10:49 PM
The poll is up. I posted it earlier.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3815

Howdy

85200xer
01-19-2003, 05:58 PM
how far is haspen from spokane, seattle area? how long is the drive?

thanks,
85200xer

BigReds Forever
01-19-2003, 06:18 PM
your lookin at a longggggg drive. haspin is if i remember right, in westen pensylvania.

BigReds Forever
01-19-2003, 06:21 PM
your lookin at a longggggg drive. haspin is if i remember right, in westen pensylvania.

Howdy
01-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Laurel, Indiana is the place. I would say a 2 to 2 1/2 day non-stop drive would do it. lol

Yahoo says:
Starting from: Seattle, WA
Arriving at: Laurel, IN
Distance: 2351.8 miles Approximate Travel Time: 36 hours 10 mins

I hope you get good gas Milage. lol
Howdy

85200xer
01-20-2003, 04:24 AM
dang :x I was hoping I'd have been closer. count me out!!!
we need a trikefest up here :-D . It probably wouldn't be the same though.
thanks,
85200xer

ATC crazy
01-23-2003, 08:10 PM
I've always wanted to go to Haspen sometime but i live in VA so its a long drive to talk my dad into. Mabey I could go to The Cochranton Poker Run in Pa sometime. Its on the way to upstate NY where we go quite a few times a year. Mabey everyone can do like a Haspin-like thing in Cochranton sometime?

Levithan
02-09-2003, 08:10 AM
TRIKEFEST IN WA! I live in WA and i know a few people around here with trikes, and im sure they'd love to come! Plenty of trail around here too!

YTZ250N
02-09-2003, 12:52 PM
Count me in!! I will try to make the time to go so whatever you guys decide is good for me. I will have my Z ready for the drag strip real soon so look out :) and I fully intend on setting the tent UP this time instead of sleeping on the concrete. Even though I only slept for a few hours.

Tri-Z_Jim
02-10-2003, 10:49 PM
The Shack I stayed under had an inch of yellow clay dust on the concrete not to mention my tent,coolers,food,clothes and everything else.I was there in mid July when it hadnt rained for about 2 months and 90 degrees.Sleeping on the concrete wasnt an option.30 bikes/atv's were on the mx track at once for about an hour and you couldnt see anything.
I'm planning on going in MAY but not 100% yet. Helping my dad put up a log home and the delivery date is a few days after Haspin.He bought a kit and him and I have to assemble it.We will be working to get the foundation and floor system ready trailprotrailpro Haspin.

G-MAN-1
02-11-2003, 09:31 PM
WELL I HAVE BEEN THERE. AND I TELL YOU THE MIDDLE OF THE SUMMER IS NOT THE TIME TO GO. TOO HOT, AND TOO DUSTY..........the heat is to hot for riding and you cant really enjoy yourself. late spring early summer is the best.............................. :rolleyes: :idea: :?: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Tri-Z_Jim
02-11-2003, 10:04 PM
I didnt mind the heat. I was just glad to be riding at a place where I didnt have to be registered and follow a page worth of rules.Someone picked a bad campsite when GMAN and I was there in 01. Last summer wasnt as hot G.

G-MAN-1
02-11-2003, 10:16 PM
well when and if i make it there again it will be early spring or fall.....right now i have other things to do. then worry about hot weather and riding. i have a home that needs work and thats what i will be doing this summer. riding in heat doesnt bother me. its that its a long ways from home and i have other places to ride. poker runs and trails is where it is these days do to morons that ruin it for the good people of the sport. registration and insurance saves you NO MATTER WHERE YOU RIDE..haspin is agreat place to ride i recomend it to every one...........except in the middle of summer...........and if it is close to you.................. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :idea: