PDA

View Full Version : I think someone is trying to scam me

YTZ250#1
11-15-2004, 01:55 AM
I had my Z listed on ebay.a guy from nigeria used buy it now.he want's to send me a certified check to cover the trike and shipping.Then he wants me to wire the shipping money to his shipper.I told him to just send me the check for my fees,and if and when it clears I'll email him to make his own shipping arangments.Also told him that it will not leave my house till the check is cleared.If it does then he can arrange for the shippers to pick it up at my work.He said it will be shipped to africa,will see about that when I have cash in hand it might but not untill.What do you guys think of the whole deal.Oh ya he has 0 feedback on ebay.go figure.lol

smokinp
11-15-2004, 02:00 AM
if he claims to be from Nigeria and says ship it to Africa then it sounds like a scam to me...Keep us posted

YTZ250#1
11-15-2004, 02:10 AM
I just looked at his info page on ebay.He just joined 11-14-04.

patblkwell
11-15-2004, 02:26 AM
Be careful, could be a scam. I sold a cell phone on ebay a few months back and I got an email from an ebay member saying he wanted to buy it now for like $700!! The phone sold brand new for only $200...and come to think of it, he was in Africa. Maybe Nigeria. Oh, and he wanted to wire the money to me instead of using paypal so I told him forget it. be careful man..

Mobular
11-15-2004, 03:27 AM
Guys, guys, guys! Just because a check clears your bank does not mean that the check is good. After it goes through your bank, it must pass the issuing bank too! That's where everyone gets nailed. People think that once you have cash in hand, it's all good. Not so. Your bank can come back if the issuing institution will not honor the check.
Info on this "Nigerian Scam" is here. Very similar to the Ebay scam:
http://www.scambusters.org/NigerianFee.html

VABCH350X
11-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Definitely a scam. You did the right thing by being apprehensive with him. I would go ahead and relist the Z, and leave him negative feedback. I still get these emails from Africa at least once a month for a waveblaster I sold a year ago. It's a shame that people can't even list a vehicle for sale without these bastards trying to rip you off.
-Paul

Bill X_R
11-15-2004, 11:35 AM
No doubt about it...IT's a scam....pitty all you can do thought is report it to ebay. Then they can't do anything about it. The same scam has been posted here many many times trailprotrailpro. Re-list it

4cylinders
11-15-2004, 12:14 PM
hey, it is a scam. they send you a bogus check. make sure you notify ebay, so they can trash his account.

YTZ250#1
11-15-2004, 10:00 PM
I talked to a guy today that told me to tell him I'll only take a wire transfere.They are the only way the money is a guarantee.Just for laughs I'll tell the guy and see what he says.lol

3 weelin geezer
11-16-2004, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't do it myself. Last time I got a mail from someone in nigeria and responded to it favorably the guy sent me a reply why I wouldn't hurry up and send him my bank account info so he could be so gracious and deposit a whole $100000 into my account just because I had been such a nice guy. I told him it was my friend that used my computer and he went back to the middle east because of some trouble his family was having with nigerians. I haven't recieved another one of those ' I am a very important gov't figger that needs your account to send money to and will reward you handsomely' b.s. letters since. :eek:

YTZ250#1
11-16-2004, 11:39 PM
Well I filed a non paying bider complant and recevied my final value refund.Then I left neg feedback and relisted the Z just last night.It sold today to another guy in the states.I'll let you know what happens from there later.

YTZ250#1
11-17-2004, 11:01 PM
looks like it is another bad deal.some jerkoff stoled this guys ebay account and went on a spree.all kinds of toys were bought with bin and he don't want any of them.you should see the stuff,a sled,rail buggy,my Z and a few others.It's probably his kid trying to get even for the bad birthday present.lol looks like I'll have to relist it again.

OldSchoolin86
11-17-2004, 11:09 PM
That really stinks, sorry to hear it. That's almost enough to spoil it to the point you don't even want to mess with it anymore.

azhondagrl
11-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Hey we had some stuff on afree listing around here, and someone did the same thing. but it was my grandma and she is like super anal about thinggs so she checked witha bank and they told her to contact the FBI because its internatiional money laundering.(i think thats what hey said)

YTZ250#1
11-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Another jurk,if not the same one is trying to buy it again.It is allmost the same email as the first one,but he wants to send me $4,800.What a bunch of a holes.

bigredhead
11-23-2004, 09:21 AM
Bastards... :mad:

Well, you can at least count on MY money !! :Bounce

;)

YTZ250#1
11-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Bastards... :mad:

Well, you can at least count on MY money !! :Bounce

;)

I'll have the shipping quote today,I finally found a box that everything fits in.

I got another email that is the same as the second email the first time around.theese jurkoffs don't keep track of their scams very good.I email both of them back.pretty much told them to piss off,and if they try to buy my item that I would contact the feds to track them down.I'm about sick of relisting it because of these jurks.