PDA

View Full Version : Decided and got my new vehicle (pics)

OldSchoolin86
11-16-2004, 02:59 PM
First of all thanks to all that helped out with my toyota question. My wife finialy saw that with only one nice car for the both of us we could use a truck more than a car or an SUV. I then found out at work that I got a GM suppliers discount. It ended up being a nice discount that nobody else wanted to match. We tested some of the new Colorados at work(crashed) and I was very impressed so wy wife and I went out and got one. The quad does fit with the gate patialy down(it has 3 positions) so it does what I want it to and it's got a 4000lb towing capacity for more quads and trikes too.

Here's some of the things the crew cabs got:

5 cylinder 3500 Vortec engine(220hp)
Auto trans
4x4 shift on the fly
6 speaker audio system w/MP3 player(stock option!)
rear tint
spray in bed liner(lineX)

I had to celebrate the new payments(ouch) so I went to the Badlands this weekend with some buds for some fun. It was a blast and even with hualing the quad it still got 23mpg! I loved that.
http://miltechsolutions.tripod.com/offroad/junk/truckfrontsmall.jpg
http://miltechsolutions.tripod.com/offroad/junk/Truck-rearsmall.jpg
http://miltechsolutions.tripod.com/offroad/pics/badlandsquads.jpg

smokinp
11-16-2004, 05:10 PM
wow,nice truck!what quad is yours??

OldSchoolin86
11-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks man. I got the yellow 400ex.

markdb420
11-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Wow, hope you have better luck, with that Colorado than my company had with the 3 they have. Same motor as yours and all blown up under 30,000 miles. They were towing 3000 lbs small trailers and that taxed the engines too much according to local GM dealer. Was enough of a pain in the butt that the company went back to Dodge Dakotahs. I never thought that would happen! We used tio have S-10s and they never had those motor problems that the Colorados do, but they are rated to tow more and haul more than the Colorados are. Just be very sparing with towing anything with that truck. The dealer said they can't hardly give them away!

OldSchoolin86
11-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Wow, hope you have better luck, with that Colorado than my company had with the 3 they have. Same motor as yours and all blown up under 30,000 miles. They were towing 3000 lbs small trailers and that taxed the engines too much according to local GM dealer. Was enough of a pain in the butt that the company went back to Dodge Dakotahs. I never thought that would happen! We used tio have S-10s and they never had those motor problems that the Colorados do, but they are rated to tow more and haul more than the Colorados are. Just be very sparing with towing anything with that truck. The dealer said they can't hardly give them away!
I'll watch out but nobody is having any problems up here yet. This gives me motivation to beat it harder so if it blows it will be covered under the warranty, lol.

trikerider2oo7
11-16-2004, 06:23 PM
nice truck oldschoolin. i like them colorados. you got a nice 400 too

Maine_Triker
11-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Sweet truck way 2 go i hope you don't have any problems with it.

markdb420
11-16-2004, 07:17 PM
Yeah they were covered under warrenty. Those are some of the few Colorados I have seen around here. See alot of Silverados as compared to Colorados. I have a friend at a local Chevy dealer and he says the Colorados aren't selling as good as the S-10's did. We are large Navy area and the S-10 was "the official truck of the E-3 and under". My buddy says that the squids have abandoned the Colorado, though. Are they that more expensive as compared to the S-10? He says his dealership sells 5-10 Silverados to each Colorado. Hell I get a discount from my employer with GM and Chrysler, and X-plan from friends that work at the local Ford Plant on Fords, so I just avoid the imports, and have been unimpressed with my brothers 2 different Toyota Tundras, very weak underpowered motor and he has had several problems with the water pump and fan belt pulleys.

All that said, good luck with the Colorado and be hard on it so it breaks before the warrenty is up or upgrade to a Silverado! :beer

twgranger
11-16-2004, 08:45 PM
very nice! put some BF mud tires on it, make it look mean.

MTS
11-16-2004, 09:24 PM
i havent heard of that motor problem with the canyons.....ill ask my dad tho..he sells them :) but as for the s10 replacement there is the canyon that will be in the states soon i belive....there alredy out in canada...but the gm in the states said they didnt want em but now they do...lol...but i belive they have a 5 cylinder ...its a lil bigger than the s10..

85Honda250sx
11-16-2004, 09:56 PM
http://www.eye-irritant.com/august2004/RIMG0633.JPG
Colorado's and 3 wheelers go well togeather!

trikerider2oo7
11-16-2004, 09:59 PM
canyons are out in the us already

markdb420
11-16-2004, 10:08 PM
The Canyons and Colorados have been out for several years here in the USA and they aren't selling nearly as well as the S--10 did. The new 5 cylinder is derived from the straight 6 in the trailblazer and envoy. The s-10 had a 4.3 L v-6 and it had more torque than the new canyons or colorados do. They were rated to tow more than the new Colorados. I prefer Ford or Dodge in trucks to Chevy but the S-10 always held its own, as does the silverado, except the HD silverados they need a solid front axle to be competitive with Dodge and Ford. Little trucks like the S-10, Colorado, Tacoma, Ranger or Dakota are just that, LITTLE. They are too small inside for a tall guy like myself and don't haul or tow enough for my tastes, but hey whatever floats your boat, they just don't fit my needs.

Enjoy that new car smell while it lasts, LOL.
By the way nothin better than a superduty Crewcab 4x4 on 38" tires with 2 250r's in the back! :twisted:

TrikeKid
11-16-2004, 10:13 PM
nice ride.new trucks deffinaitly are fun we got a new F150 a few months ago. i do kinda miss the sound of the old truck rumbling to life the morning before a ride. i'm glad he didnt trade it in on the new truck the thing's like part of the family

twgranger
11-16-2004, 10:33 PM
The Canyons and Colorados have been out for several years here in the USA and they aren't selling nearly as well as the S--10 did. The new 5 cylinder is derived from the straight 6 in the trailblazer and envoy. The s-10 had a 4.3 L v-6 and it had more torque than the new canyons or colorados do. They were rated to tow more than the new Colorados. I prefer Ford or Dodge in trucks to Chevy but the S-10 always held its own, as does the silverado, except the HD silverados they need a solid front axle to be competitive with Dodge and Ford. Little trucks like the S-10, Colorado, Tacoma, Ranger or Dakota are just that, LITTLE. They are too small inside for a tall guy like myself and don't haul or tow enough for my tastes, but hey whatever floats your boat, they just don't fit my needs.

Enjoy that new car smell while it lasts, LOL.
By the way nothin better than a superduty Crewcab 4x4 on 38" tires with 2 250r's in the back! :twisted:
The colorados have not been out for several years! The first year was 2004.

markdb420
11-16-2004, 11:02 PM
And this is 2005 model year, right? That is several. Correct? My buddy at Gm dealer said they came out in mid 2003 as a 2004 model.

BTW he said that the 2004 Envoys have a $7000 rebate right now! They have 10 still on the lot and only 5 2005 models. They wont order more '05's until the move the 04's, floorplan finace costs are killing them on those 04' Envoys, some have been on the lot for 11 months!

:twisted:

OldSchoolin86
11-17-2004, 03:28 AM
And this is 2005 model year, right? That is several. Correct?

lol, no it's not but thanks for the input.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I have an F350 too I didn't need another big truck. My F350 is a regular cab and I've got just as much leg room in the colorado if not more. That quad cab lets you really stretch out. I'm 6' 275 and my buddy that rode down with me to the park is 6'2" 190. After 500 miles we felt is was pretty nice.

markdb420
11-17-2004, 06:43 AM
Well glad to hear that the truck has legroom in it! Sorryfor the confusion, but I meant that 2005 models have been released. Hey, cool if you already have the tow rig and wanted something smaller for around town, I completely understand that. Enjoy it!

ATC crazy
11-19-2004, 06:00 PM
It might be a Chebbie, but they are cool looking trucks. I saw a dark blue one at school last year with 22" wheels and I had to admit....it looked pretty dang good.

Good luck with it, and I hope that motor lasts ya!

OldSchoolin86
03-04-2005, 04:42 AM
I'll watch out but nobody is having any problems up here yet. This gives me motivation to beat it harder so if it blows it will be covered under the warranty, lol.
Well I didn't really beat it but the rear main seal is leaking. It's only got 5000 miles now and there is oil all over the rear of the motor leading up to the rear main. Unbelievable, I should have stayed away from the chevy, I never have good luck with them. Well I'll be calling the dealer later to see what's going to happen. They better give me a loaner vehicle or I'll be real pissed.

Here's a pic:
http://miltechsolutions.tripod.com/offroad/junk/IMG_2576.JPG

jenndnn3
03-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Wow that is a nice Truck! Sorry to hear you have problems, hope it gets fixed quickly and easy.

Pistonhead
03-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Nice truck! I believe I saw your 400 in the new dirtwheels readers rigs section oldschoolin!

BIGCRIP28
03-04-2005, 04:54 PM
im pissed, i got a 2.2 4 banger(118 hp) in a s-10 and i barely get 23 miles per gallon

ATC crazy
03-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Well...a lot of first year trucks have a few problems that need to be worked out.

Good luck with it...and stick to Fords :wink

twgranger
03-04-2005, 10:47 PM
It is a new truck, they will make it right.

hrc85250r
03-06-2005, 08:39 PM
i like the superduty crew cab B.S.!! i hate those trucks!!! 90% of people that drive thos epieces of junk dont even use them for what they are made for...most of the time its a fag with a low self esteem and a cell phone with too much money...my father is a general contractor that works 7 days a week and lifts camps and barn and does crazy concrete work and stuff idk, just really heavy duty work, and he only has a 95' chevy 1500 w/t with the vortech v-6 and its 2WD! recently he has lifted a huge camp in the middle of the woods and the roads(trails) arent plowed and it has been snowing pretty good and he has never got stuck.... i think anything above a 4x4 regular cab v-6 is overkill unless you are towing really heavy stuff long distances...even my pops truck can tow a midsize kubota tractor on a dual axel mid-atlantic trailer....idk, just my observation...

markdb420
03-06-2005, 09:40 PM
I don't know I would never be the moron on the jobsite with an overloaded 1/2 Chevy! I see those morons and laugh, you know wrong truck for the job! I think that they must have been too cheap to spring for a better truck. I personally go off-road alot here on my little farm and the beach, and the woods camping in the mountains. 4x4 is a must on the beach and in my fields. Bring that little wuss 1/2 2wd chevrolet and you will be in a world of doodoo! Contractors need them to impress the other builders that they are successful and image is everything in the real world, right or wrong! I know at first glance I would want the more successful looking contractor woking on my house as opposed to the guy in the beat up overworked 1/2 Chevy! :rolleyes:

Pistonhead
03-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Heres the best all around truck in my view:
I know guys who have gone and bought new trucks and have had nothing but problems (Chevy, Ford no difference) This truck has been very reliable and in the event it does break down, I can fix it myself without needing a computer and a technician. 3/4 ton with V8, not much gets in my way, and not much I cant haul, get over or go through. I also have yet to see a 73-80 Chev thats in better shape than mine that is actually used regularily.

Banage
03-08-2005, 07:19 PM
save all the problems and get ridda that bowtie and get an oval

OldSchoolin86
03-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Well they got it fixed, it was the rear main as I thought. I had to fight like hell to get another truck for a loaner but I got that. Tomorrow I pick my truck back up, I hope things will be better but I still think it's slim that a seal would just go out on it's own. I'm sure the problem will show it's self again. Oh well, if it goes good then I'll enjoy it and if it goes bad I'll stick it right back up.........