PDA

View Full Version : Honda to build a pickup

atctim
11-19-2004, 05:46 PM
I read in the newspaper yesterday that Honda will be putting a pick up truck into production in 2005. Anyone heard of this. I'm a Toyota man, but I love my Hondas too. Anyone have any info on this????

Maine_Triker
11-19-2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah click the link

http://automobiles.honda.com/info/prototypes/ridgeline.asp?bhcp=1&BrowserDetected=True

*the page finnally loads*

One hot truck looks like it came out of a science fiction movie, lol. It's a V6 it must get pretty decent gas miliage.

TTribaLL
11-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I heard about that about a year ago. Some other car producers are going to release some new/strange looking trucks in the years to come. There was 3 new SUT's. Honda, Hummer...and Nissan.
http://www.autonews.com/files/2004NAIAS/honda/sut/images/DSCN3347.jpg
http://www.lynchhummer.com/h2pages/h2pictures/sut.rf.jpg
http://imagesnissan2.free.fr/images/japon/nissan/sut_2.jpg

OldSchoolin86
11-19-2004, 08:44 PM
I always said that if Honda came out with a truck I'd buy it. When I saw this overgrown station wagon with a bed I changed my mind and bought a chevy. I'm very disapointed with Honda.

MTS
11-19-2004, 10:01 PM
man them things look like crap like honestly WHY call it a truck if it has that many doors and only a 2ft bed ?!@?!? if you want something like that go buy an astro van lol like some of the newer so called "trucks" are compleatly piss useless for usein them as a truck..like comeon they look like crap, handel like crap, and dont have any power worth a crap...all they are is overglorified station wagons....thats my complaints ..lol

almac16
11-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Try putting an 4x8 sheet of plywood in that and close the tailgate......

I have the short box on my truck (6ft) and it's just getting by as being big enough!

cliff2302
11-19-2004, 11:16 PM
Most people don't use trucks as trucks anymore. My parents have 2 chevy pickups. The '98 is my dad's work truck, and the '02 is my mom's ride. I've hauled more in my cadillac than her truck ever will. They are just like SUVs now, everyone wants one so they can waste gas and be ruged just like the people who really use trucks. That Honda truck is about as usefull as a civic with a higher ground clearence.

OldSchoolin86
11-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Most people don't use trucks as trucks anymore. My parents have 2 chevy pickups. The '98 is my dad's work truck, and the '02 is my mom's ride. I've hauled more in my cadillac than her truck ever will. They are just like SUVs now, everyone wants one so they can waste gas and be ruged just like the people who really use trucks. That Honda truck is about as usefull as a civic with a higher ground clearence.

What if you had one of these for hualing your trike? I think they are ugly station wagons but if you want a trike hualer and good gas mileage are they really that bad?

almac16
11-20-2004, 12:03 AM
What if you had one of these for hualing your trike? I think they are ugly station wagons but if you want a trike hualer and good gas mileage are they really that bad?

Will your trike fit in it? (without a trailer?)

OldSchoolin86
11-20-2004, 12:37 AM
Will your trike fit in it? (without a trailer?)

With the tailgate down you could fit most quads in it so I'm sure a trike will fit.

almac16
11-20-2004, 01:23 AM
With the tailgate down...

Exactly my point.....sorry I just don't like these "trucks".......like I said my 6ft box kills me because I can't even fit a full 4x8 sheet of plywood or 2x4 in it! But I can put my trike in it and close my cap door so I am happy, for now

OldSchoolin86
11-20-2004, 01:48 AM
sorry I just don't like these "trucks"

I don't see what's wrong with a short bed. A short bed is usefull for a lot of things. Just because it won't hold a 4x8 sheet of plywood doesn't mean it's not a truck. I think it's like anything else, you need to size it for your personal needs. Now this Honda makes me sick because all it is, is a station wagon with a bed. I'd be suprised if it could hold any weight or tow anything over 1500lbs. That's were the line is crossed here. My little truck can atleast pull my boat and could easily pull a nice 4-place sled trailer. So I guess as much as I dislike this station wagon I still have to ask, how bad would it be for the person who just wants a trike hualer and some decent gas mileage?

TTribaLL
11-20-2004, 02:35 AM
man them things look like crap like honestly WHY call it a truck if it has that many doors and only a 2ft bed ?!@?!? if you want something like that go buy an astro van lol like some of the newer so called "trucks" are compleatly piss useless for usein them as a truck..like comeon they look like crap, handel like crap, and dont have any power worth a crap...all they are is overglorified station wagons....thats my complaints ..lol

That annoys me...trucks should be used as trucks. If you *don't* need to haul anything, or never will....then a truck is not for you.

If you do it just for "image"...then I hate you, but if you raise up your truck, or put some more power under the hood to get a *nicer* ride(sort-of an image thing), then its cool...and not annoying.

YAMAHA_Jim
11-20-2004, 11:43 AM
Well its about friggin time.I've been waiting for a Honda truck for about 10 yrs. I know I'm a yamaha guy but Honda makes some very nice and reliable automobiles.

atctim
11-20-2004, 11:55 AM
One article about it says that it will fit 2 - crf 450 bikes in it's bed - so I am assuming it will haul a 3 wheeler.

cliff2302
11-20-2004, 03:39 PM
If you want good gas milage and to be able to haul something, get a diesel. you really can't beat their preformance.

OldSchoolin86
11-20-2004, 03:51 PM
If you want good gas milage and to be able to haul something, get a diesel. you really can't beat their preformance.

That honda will do better mileage then a diesel.

Maine_Triker
11-20-2004, 05:10 PM
That honda will do better mileage then a diesel.

Sure it will but you can't do nothing with it other then drive to work, i mean, what can a 3.5 V6 do compared to a diesel? Nothing.

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-20-2004, 05:22 PM
http://www.geocities.com/jared_towne2767/IQ2.gif

OldSchoolin86
11-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Okay, lets do a little recap for those who are way out there on their own. At one point in this thread I asked:
What if you had one of these for hualing your trike? I think they are ugly station wagons but if you want a trike hualer and good gas mileage are they really that bad?Since that question has been asked it has not yet been answered. Instead an odd statement was made by cliff2302:
If you want good gas milage and to be able to haul something, get a diesel. you really can't beat their preformance.This is a cross of confusion and a lack of contributing to a conversation. First of all a diesel truck won't get better mileage then a Honda SUT and it will cost a hell of a lot more to buy. Second a diesel won't get any "gas" mileage at all. Lastly, although this tries to make a connection with the mileage part, it contributes nothing and is kind of an apples and oranges compairison. Now if I wasn't luaghing hard enough I am now. This side tracked insanity is pushed further by Maine_Triker. Here's what Maine_Triker said:
Sure it will but you can't do nothing with it other then drive to work, i mean, what can a 3.5 V6 do compared to a diesel? Nothing.This once again doesn't contribute at all. Why are you guys compairing a diesel to a Honda SUT? Did you know that a lot of mini-trucks with smaller motors then that are used commercialy everyday? Ever go to a riding park? Have you ever noticed how many compact trucks there are? They have several uses. Why in God's name would you buy a big diesel to hual one machine? If all you had was one machine this would be a smart way to get to your favorite riding spots and it would prove too that it was more than just a car to get to work in. So if anyone want to CONTRIBUTE to this conversation then how bad do you really think this would be if you wanted a trike hualer and good gas mileage. Please do not continue to respond about diesels, they really have nothig at all to do with this.

Lots_Of_Nothing: I LOVE THE SIGN!

almac16
11-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Maybe atctim would like some info on the diesels as well since this is his thread.

I personally think they stink (good work horses, but the smell of diesel isn't my favorite)

cliff2302
11-20-2004, 07:33 PM
So if anyone want to CONTRIBUTE to this conversation then how bad do you really think this would be if you wanted a trike hualer and good gas mileage
It would be good to haul a trike. Sorry, i really missed that even though you mentioned it 3 times. But since when was the only reason for buying a truck to haul one ATV? Did the original post say anthing about hauling one machine? i thought this was an open post, i didn't know we had to stick to the "hauling one machine" guideline.

Here is my take on this truck: Since the honda page says nothing about the gas milage of this truck, i will assume it probably gets 25mpg highway? If i'm way off, feel free to correct me. Any of the big 3's diesel trucks can easily get this with a few mods. I'm basing this on a 3/4 truck, extended cab 2 or 4 wheel drive. But instead of having 200 something ft. lbs. of torque, you'd have 550+. tow anything, get good FUEL milage, 2 trucks in one. Plus your supporting an american company, which i know all of us want to do. Yea, i know honda probably makes cars here, but the profit still goes overseas. Price will definitely go twords the honda though. A diesel will run you $30,000+, but, if you bought one truck to do work and a mini truck such as this to haul your one trike, your going to spend way more than that. plus, you'll get bad gas millage in your work truck. So in the end you save money. Now, i don't know anyones proffesion, or what you all (ya'll for the southerners) do in your spare time, so i dont know if this hypothetical situation works for you. For me, it does. Is this OK or am i off topic?

350xsx
11-20-2004, 07:53 PM
all i can say, is it definately not a truck, it hould b like SUA, its not a truck i ca see them calling it a Sprt Utility Autombile tho,and you can get a nice used powertroke/cumins/duramax etc. for a 3rd of the price and theyll hold there value better, yo can easily put 300,000 miles on a diesel and wont have a worry bout anything , they are "broken in" at 200,000(if ya dont think so i know the dealer will tell ya, they might say 250 tryin to talk you in more if you ask) where this thing will be flat out broke at 200,000,and if you wanna work o of this little thing you screwed, but it doe have a pourrpose 1) all the rppin 50cent-izzle eople can put there big ugly arse rims on it 2) if you have an office job and dont ever haul anything 3)your a soccer mom that doesnt wanna van., and(fo the 4wd) it has magnetic lockin hubs so youll have to change them to manual before the first snow unless you wanna call up a tow service or your friend with a real truck

atczack
11-20-2004, 08:15 PM
you said it man

OldSchoolin86
11-21-2004, 12:05 AM

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-21-2004, 12:13 AM

LMAO! Isnt it usefull Oldschoolin? :cool:

OldSchoolin86
11-21-2004, 12:18 AM
LMAO! Isnt it usefull Oldschoolin? :cool:

lmao, I love it!

MTS
11-21-2004, 01:13 AM
that honda looks kinda small to even haul a bike in...lol and its plasticie...

cliff2302
11-21-2004, 11:20 PM
i was flipping through the channels today they were talking about the honda truck on motor trend. No new information except that it's a unibody. Doesn't sound to appealing to me.

MTS
11-21-2004, 11:52 PM
a truck with a uni-body...man that thing is one POS

3 weelin geezer
11-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Try putting an 4x8 sheet of plywood in that and close the tailgate......

try putting a trike in there if you can figger out which end is the back. What is it with this trend to make "trucks" look like like they are made of legos??? Thats one fugly 'thing' . If that were a child and I was the doctor that delivered it, I would slap the mother for bringing yet another monster into this world. Hell not even the vw 'thing' looks that bad. No wonder you have to click on the words to get to see it. I wish you guys had told me how bad it looked BEFORE I went and looked at it. I will never sleep again. (shudder)