PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Scam?

Maine_Triker
11-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Hey whats up with this, got this in the email:

Valued eBay Member,
You (or someone else) entered three times wrong the password to log in with your eBay ID.
According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by
completing the following form or else your account will be suspended within 24 hours for investigations.
Never share your eBay password to anyone!
Establish your proof of identity with ID Verify (free of charge) - an easy way to help others trust you as
their trading partner. The process takes about 5 minutes to complete and involves updating your eBay
information. When you're successfully verified, you will receive an ID Verify icon in your feedback profile.
Currently, the service is only available to residents of the United States and U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Guam.)
Please double check before you click Submit button.

It is folowed by a bunch of places to put personal info, I thought ebay would never ask for personal info in an email so i delieted it. Any info on this "scam"?

Watch out for this i have got alot of these emails.

TimSr
11-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Always forward those to: spoof@ebay.com . You will get a reply usually within 10 minutes from ebay telling you whether or not they sent it. The one you mentioned is a scam. Ive gotten about 20 of them this week.