PDA

View Full Version : Any FFA or Used to be FFA members on the board????

01-10-2003, 04:52 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone on the board is currently or used to be and FFA member....Why i ask is my teacher is not one to explain things very well....and i was wondering about an SAE (Supervised Agricutural Experience).....like what you did yours on...or what you WOULD do yours on...Thanks
Brad

Jeb
01-10-2003, 05:31 PM
Hey Brad, I was in the FFA from '87 - '91. I don't know what an "SAE" is. I showed stock, participated in land judging, ag mechanics and other events and was an officer.

Hopefully someone who has been in more recently can help.

Kilborg
01-10-2003, 06:04 PM
I was never in FFA, but I was in a ag class. I did alot of maintenance and building. I don't know what you mean by SAE. Not sure why I am posting, but im bored.

yamasaki1
01-10-2003, 06:16 PM
my teacher kinda explained this too. I think what i got from him was you work for someone or do work that has to do with agriculture so you can learn from it. i'm not sure, someone else explain or tell me if i'm right

01-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Well Ag 1 and Ag 2 are the same thing as FFA in our school.....im in Ag 1 cuz im Freshie!!!! I thought about doing mine on Engines....but i dont know whether to do 2 and 4 cycle as my SAE or pick one of them....

yamasaki1
01-10-2003, 06:19 PM
right ok, i think i'm a little off topic or thinking of something else by what you said

edit:i think you might have to diff. things mixed up the more i think about it.

01-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Yes...She did say we could work for someone....and she said we could do it on our own...i plan to do mine by myself... i might go to a local shop and see if they would let me work on the stuff....or atleast watch and take tips....maybe they have some junk stuff i can work on to show them what all i know.....YAMA....my post was mean to be before yours!!

mudfreak99
01-12-2003, 03:23 AM
I am currently still involved in the FFA, I am the chapter vice president and North hardin, KY...
My SAE (proficientcy) for the last 2 years have been both on the same ideas... simply put, I built a pulling tractor (shop class) and I did lawn mower repair and safety. I didn't do one my freshman year though...
all it is, is makeing a profile about something that you do, mine this year is building my 200x (again concidered ag mechanics).. take pictures, give summaries, and then explain what you did and how it is part of ag...
SAE's can be done on but are not limited to, Begin a farm hand, andything that has mechanics in it (not working on rice burner cars), cutting yards, safety of any kinda (did an SAE project on atv safety once), can even be as simple as planting a few flowers and growing them.
As a freshman I hope that you are participating in Seed ID, or Creed speaking... I did both my freshman year. and if you get the chance to go to the state convention, or national convention, or even a summer camp, hop on it, they are all experiences you'll never for get. As a matter of fact feb. 12th we are going to the national farm amchinery show and the national tractor pulls down here in Louisville, KY... best of luck with you supervised agriculture experience project.

01-12-2003, 02:05 PM
I went through soil judging and placed 3rd out of 27 participants....i went to national convention this year...it was fun!!!! and i went to the Parlimentary Procedure speaking and Said the Creed at another place....

yamasaki1
01-12-2003, 02:17 PM
i did creed speaking and junior parli pro at districts. i didn't make it to state on either but i'm gonna do livestock judging this semester, last chance to go to state...hope i make it

mudfreak99
01-12-2003, 02:48 PM
I have participated in, seed ID, creed speaking, dairy judging, horse judging, soil judging, welding team, ahg mechanics team, and trator driving team... also live stock judging aside from dairy judging. any of ya'll going to the farm machinery show in louisville, KY?

Honda300ex
01-12-2003, 05:43 PM
I am in ag but all he teaches is ffa junk and i am not even a member