PDA

View Full Version : New Yorkers! Trikefest

Trikeaholic
01-10-2003, 08:37 PM
Ok, I like EARLY june. I think that would be OK with the MRS. I have a Motorhome, for those who dont know, and can take 8 or 9 people in it, as long as we can get a trailer big enough for the machines. The camper sleeps 4, but make that 3, cause noone is sleeping with me! On the bright side, it is big enough to crash out on the floor, has a bathroom, fridge, Hot water, microwave, etc. It will haul any trailer we can get. I will be bringing my 350x and I hope the Tiger, if done. If I have to leave the X at home, I will. Please reserve your spot ASAP. I expect MIK6 to go this time too, I dont know about MR ATC.........also, any other NY guys that want or need to drive for lack of space for machines mabey could follow and double up on machine hauling?? mabey you mods will stick this topic for us NY guys.........NY guys, reply to the post and reserve your spot!

my vote is MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

jeswinehart
01-10-2003, 08:47 PM
factor in 3 cases, make that 4, of the gennys for me please !

JOHN

200xer
01-11-2003, 12:44 AM
where's it gonna be at? I'm definitely interested in going. Memorial Day sounds good to me.

MIK6
01-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Count me in Holic. It sounds like well need a seperate trailor for the beer LOL. If we get a full camper I can fallow w/ my Jeep. It will seat 4 more and pull a good sized trailor too.

Let us know
MIK6 / Mike

Trikeaholic
01-11-2003, 12:38 PM
excellent plan, Looking forward to it!!!

Dynofox
01-11-2003, 03:28 PM
Count me in too, I might have a truck by then but as of now i'd need to stick my machine (dx 225) on with someone. I live in cortland NY, about 40 min south of syracuse. It doesn't matter to me what weekend it is all I need is about a week advanced notice to get some time off of work. Do you need anything special to ride there? Permits? Insurance? I'm going to have insurance on my trike, not sure about registration yet though. Can't wait to do some riding and meet you guys! :-P

sean8231
01-12-2003, 01:44 PM
hopefully I'll be able to make it, depending on when exactly it is... Hopefully the tecate will be done by then..... If not I'll have to bring a couple golf carts... :(

Dynofox, how has the dx been treating you????

going postal
01-12-2003, 05:55 PM
where do u guys plan in havin it?
plz let me know
later

Dynofox
01-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Hey sean check you pm box.

Howdy
01-12-2003, 07:50 PM
TrikeFest will Be at Haspin Acres in Laurel, Indiana

They have camping and lots of trails. Check the Main web site for pictures from Haspin last year.
Howdy

freaksfix
01-15-2003, 12:11 AM
I am in, may need a ride dont know yet probly not? Either way I can get a big ass trailor, its a 18 foot flat bed, we've had 5 carts on it so we can probly fit 10 trikes. It has no breaks, but if my buddy goes his truck will stop it, its to you Holic if your Rig will stop it if he dont go?

Trikeaholic
01-15-2003, 11:15 PM
everyone has to get to Ithaca and we will leave form here in the old camper. I hope that the event will not coincide with my next baby. but all you guys dont sweat it, the camper is THE way to travel, it will tow everyones trike, as long as we have a trailer. I can borrow a 14 foot enclosed trailer, prolly only fit 4 trikes in it. we may need another vehicle. The camper uses lots of gas, so I need riders!!! it cost about $300 in gas and stuff to get there and back, so 4 or 5 guys is good, but the more the merrier! last year, it was me, mik6 and MrATC, we had an enclose u-haul and it fit 3 350x's and mikes tecate, easy, plus tools and gear. The trailer cost $250 to rent, dont want to do that again.

Dynofox
01-16-2003, 12:10 AM
Getting to your house shouldn't be a problem for me, i'll keep an eye out for a larger trailer over the next few months.

freaksfix
01-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Holic....... depending on what time your leaving, me and the Oriskany crew might meet up with ya and follow. So far its me on 1 of my R's, my brother on my over wieght X, and two buddies on 500HO's. I can round up alot of people but they all ride 4x4 carts, and I dont want to infect Trikefest with all that filth :D

OldSchoolin86
01-24-2003, 04:19 PM
Yeah Baby! Bring on that camper Holic! I got some muddin to do. :D

Trikeaholic
01-25-2003, 01:11 AM
I will be bringing my tiger, and possibly another "woods" trike (350X) if there is room. the tiger will be ready. I just got a bunch off parts together for it. lookout golfcarts!!

dogger
02-24-2003, 08:40 PM
I was wondering is everone making the drive in one day or is some people stopping over at trike's like last year? I got myu pop's truck to go and I'm tring to get off so I can make the trip out. lol get a week's vaction to use too. also the party start's friday right? I'm in pa but I'm probly going to take 80 out through.

TRIZREE666
03-06-2003, 06:48 PM
HOPEFULLY ME AND A FEW BUDDIES WILL GO. WE LIVE IN RENSSELAER WHICH IS MAYBE A MINUTES DRIVE TO THE CAPITAL(ALBANY). ANOTHER PROBLEM IS THAT THEY ALL HAVE QUADS. ARE QUADS ABLE TO GO.I'M GONNA BE BUYING AN ATC 250R FOR ABOUT 300 OR 500 DOLLARS. IT'S IN GOOD SHAPE JUST NEEDS PISTON, RINGS, GASKETS, AND THE FRONT FENDER IS DULLED AND CRACKED. HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE RUNNING BEFORE TRIKE FEST. THAT WAY I CAN TAKE MY TRI-Z AND THE 250R. ANY INFO ON WHEN, AND WHERE IT IS WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED. OH YEAH, THE 250R IS AN 85 OR 86 NOT REALLY SURE. THANKS TRIZREE666

Trikeaholic
03-21-2003, 09:52 PM
NY'ers update! I WILL BE GOING TO HASPIN AS PLANNED. I had told a few people that I may be getting a new job, and that I might not be able to go. Well the "good" news is that I was not hired, and the "good" news is that I will be trekking out with the camper. Not sure if the Tiger will be ready, its hit some snags, but hopefully. anyone interested lets start to plan...........

Dynofox
03-22-2003, 03:38 AM
Glad to hear you're still going to be able to make it! I'm definatly in for the trip with you as long as thats still cool. Let me know what we need for the trip.

mudduck14843
03-28-2003, 01:34 AM
i hope to be going i want to take all 3 machines but not sure if i can swing it or not...
the 200x is going if i have to drive it there :D

i know i'll tow the x with the grocery getter(big red) :D :D
does anybody plan to bring any drag trikes?

all i have to hope for is to be off work for it.

sean8231
04-05-2003, 09:02 PM
What day are you guys leaving and coming back? I was only able to get fri. and mon. off of work, so I will probably be leaving fri. morning or possibly thurs. after work if I dont get out too late... And depending on how long the trip there takes, I may leave mon. morning..

Trikeaholic
04-12-2003, 06:04 PM
so far the DEFINITE New Yorkers are Mik6 and DYNOFOX going with me. Im leaving it up to anyone else to step up and be counted. We have room for a few more. Dont know if the Tigers gonna make it yet, but I think Im gonna bring the 175, for sure.

mudduck14843
04-12-2003, 07:03 PM
ok i got off work to go but now i need to find a way to get everything there!!!

Meat-BoX
04-30-2003, 09:32 PM
You can ride from Fulton ny to allmost the end of oneida lake then turn north towards the Adirondaks. There is a Trailhead parking area at the Central Square exit a few miles then down rt.49 on the right. Yo could easily put in over 100 miles in a day. There are all thyps of terrain, including samd dunes. NYS RT.81 North to Central Square Rt.49 exit. Go right a few miles and its on the right. Got gas stations and food along the trail also

MIK6
04-30-2003, 11:54 PM
MEATbox!!! FULTON???? You are talking about MY trails. I have ridden most of the Oswego/ fulton trails. I start out in Scriba down the main powerlines, a few roads from the plants, the sandflats track (marked by the tires, near Woodys) is mine. I have been all thru there for years. If you are near me let me know, I'd love to ride.

MIK6 / Mike

Meat-BoX
05-01-2003, 05:49 PM
I love riding them in the fall when the colors are out. I put mad miles on that old railbed, I thought I saw an old railbed on the west side of Rt. 57 near fulton. I wonder where that goes? I heard to Rochester. Anyways I usually rode East up to Camden and Panthar Lake area. I drove to Oswego and road in some huge Dune area. It was cool, I wish I knew wher it is. Peace out and ride safe.

P.S. Got a total restoration of an 84 Tecate 3 comin soon to an area near you. It will be for sale and it will be sweet.

MIK6
05-01-2003, 06:18 PM
Hey the dune place is in my brothers back yard. I have ridden there sence 82. The track is n bad shape rite now, I plan to bring the dozer back and rework it.
Where do you live? I am getting my 87 and 86 T3's together as soon as my parts show up. I have the 225DR and the 200s running rite now. We ride almost every weekend (w/ alot of 4x4s) give me a call If you want to ride sometime. Email me w/ your phone # I'll reply w/ mine.

MIK6 / Mike

Trikeaholic
05-01-2003, 06:24 PM
IMPORTANT UPDATE

TRAILER FELL THRU. IM WORKING ON ANOTHER. BETTER GET BLAN B GOING

Meat-BoX
05-01-2003, 06:31 PM
Cicero NY for the last few years. Right down the road from ya.

MR ATC
05-14-2003, 06:18 PM
holic if you still have room i may be able to make it let me know...MR ATC

Billy Golightly
05-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Common Bill, You gotta make it!

MR ATC
05-15-2003, 11:26 AM
Well Billy if i can find a ride i will go but like i said before Tigerlily took both our vehicles and sold them while i was in jail so i'm without transportation and since she took all our money i cant buy a new car/truck just yet so if i get a ride i'm there, but unfortunatly without a trike

Billy Golightly
05-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Either way if you have something to ride or not It'd be awesome if you could be there. Didn't you have a CR, Do you still have it? I won't be on a trike either, but hey atleast I'm gonna be there. Hope things work out for you and you get something planned to make it.

MR ATC
05-15-2003, 09:36 PM
well looks like holic is all full up so no transportation for me sorry can't make it