PDA

View Full Version : Got myself a guitar.

Russell 350X
11-23-2004, 09:39 PM
It's a Krammer, nice guitar, and a Peavy 15watt amp. I paid $135.00 with a cord and strap with the guitar and amp. I like it, got it from a friend so he gave me a good deal. It's in awsome shape sounds real good. I think once I get to a level where I can play Metallica decent I might get some EMG's and Zakk Wyld signature strings. Sorry for the small pics I can't resize them.

MTS
11-23-2004, 09:44 PM
cool sounds like you got a decent deal on the set up, i fined the best deals around hear for guitars and amps is the pawn shops :), my guess is by this time next week you will have masterd it and will be looking for a bigger amp..lol

atczack
11-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Sweet man. I like to play the guitar about as much as riding. I got a Jackson 6-string electric with dual humbuckers and a Crate half-stack with digital effects myself. For some good tab go to e-tabs.org

Billy Golightly
11-23-2004, 10:45 PM
I've been so close to buying a guitar a few times before. I'd really like to get one and learn, I think I could be a pretty decent player. Looks like you have a nice setup, and for a good price too.

bigredhead
11-24-2004, 03:58 PM
Good find.

i got a BC Rich, platinum series, with an EMG humbuck and a peavey 30 w amp.... been playing since i was 12..... full of dust at the moment, i really need to pick it up someday and start playing again !

have fun.. tabs are easy to learn.. start with enter sandman. real easy.

Dammit!
11-25-2004, 01:19 AM
I've been known to play a bit now and then too. :D

http://members.cox.net/dnotter2/flash2.jpg

3 weelin geezer
11-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Dammit!!, Dammit! Now I am drooling over all the cool stuff in the picture. Whats all the stuff in the rack? I have a strat like the one( except mine has an extra pickup and taller frets and a new fretboard and a floyd rose) in the middle and a gr50 synth but I havent toyed with them in ages. Still can't play too. I wanna get something to make it sound like the one played in Cold november rain.
Thats such a cool sound. Anyone heard of Mickrocks.com? I like his stuff too.

Dammit!
11-27-2004, 02:47 AM
In the rack, from top to bottom

Rackmount powersupply/light module
spacer plate with a sticker on it :)
Sabine rack tuner
Mesa Boogie Tri-Axis (all tube, programmable pre-amp, top of the line)
Rocktron Hush IIC
Rocktron Intellifix (signal processor)
Mesa Boogie 2: Ninety (stereo simul class all tube power amp)
2 Marshall SE-100 cabinet emulators

That Tri-Axis is a hell of a piece of equipment. I've had it for ten years and still get new tones out of it.
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rackmount-Preamps/TriAxis/triaxis.html

3 weelin geezer
11-28-2004, 11:11 AM
do you have any licks that you like to play to hear these?

Dammit!
11-29-2004, 12:54 AM
Sure. A friend of mine put some mp3's of mine up on his site.

http://www.moral-dilemma.com/downloads.html

The 8 songs under "Doug Notter" are me (and the equipment in question). Never liked the rhythm sound I got on that recording though. Of course, right after it was done I figured out how to fix it. :mad:

The mp3 compression he used really did a number on the sound quality too. Made the drums sound like a drum machine.