PDA

View Full Version : Lt500r Myth Or Fiction....

dirtbike77
11-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Is The Lt500r Quad Racer... Was This The Fastest Two Strole Quad In Production?

deathman53
11-23-2004, 10:57 PM
the most powerfull and fastest(stock), well maybe untill the ds650, which is real close. they were almost as fast as a atc250r

bad ex
11-24-2004, 12:19 AM
yeah,it was.i don't know for sure but maybe a stock banshee could beat it,a bigbore banshee would for sure.

OldSchoolin86
11-24-2004, 12:38 AM
yeah,it was.i don't know for sure but maybe a stock banshee could beat it,a bigbore banshee would for sure.

Are you sure? Stock for stock a YFZ will beat a banshee. So if the banshee is close, how close is the YFZ?

smokinwrench
11-24-2004, 01:28 AM
We just had some drag races this fall and every bike you could think of was entered.

Most bikes entered the modified class (pipes,filters,carb, etc. no internal engine work or extended swing arms). The 2 fastest bikes were yfz450's with about the same mods. Next was a bunch of banshee's, then various bikes but the DS650's were a huge disappointment to me. They were getting whipped on by 400ex's

I know ride has lots to do with drag races but this was just pathetic.

trikerider2oo7
11-24-2004, 08:00 PM
the quadzilla was the fastest production ATV ever built. they would run over 90 mph STOCK!

deathman53
11-24-2004, 09:24 PM
according to a old 3&4 wheel article the 500 had a top speed of 79.22 mph

http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Dunes/6243/dragspeed.htm

Wickedfinger
11-24-2004, 09:28 PM
LT500R - FACT!. 80mph is what has been quoted for years now. Stock gearing of course - pull a tooth larger front sprocket, and 95+ isn't out of the question.

blackwatch1989
11-24-2004, 09:44 PM
95+ IS out of the question. Trust me a zilla stock would do high 70's. With a tooth front sprocket in front maybe low 80's. I would know my dad has 1. WHO cares about top end anyways. Its not whos faster topend, its whos faster getting there.

84250r
11-24-2004, 10:09 PM
WHO cares about top end anyways. Its not whos faster topend, its whos faster getting there.

........WRONG...

blackwatch1989
11-24-2004, 10:22 PM
really? Since when did top end matter?

OldSchoolin86
11-24-2004, 10:48 PM
really? Since when did top end matter?
I agree, I'd rather get to 60 in a flash then 90 in a while.

TimSr
11-24-2004, 10:53 PM
WHO cares about top end anyways. Its not whos faster topend, its whos faster getting there.

I couldnt agree with more. Youll be lucky to hit 65 on a regulation drag strip with any ATV, but these kids read "xx MPH top speed" and think that will somehow win races, which is why, in my opinion which may differ from yours on this part, the Quadzilla is a lot more myth than fact. Ive only ridden one, but raced a few others (REAL races). Quadzillas are slow to rev. Theyve got tons of low end, and a powerband that feels almost "4 strokish". They are powerful motors, but Im a lot more impressed by the short stroke twin Banshee and how much faster it revs. (getting the rear wheels to hook up is another matter) Ive never had a Quadzilla take me in the holeshot in an MX race, even with the crappy holeshots my TRX250R would pull. Ive never seen a Quadzilla come close to winning an MX race, because they are big heavy poor handling pigs, just like the Banshee. The LT250R makes a better MXer.

The Quadzilla is a fine quad, but in my opinion, they hardly live up to the legendary status created in the minds of kids who read too many magazines and dont spend enough time riding.

BigGreenMachine
11-24-2004, 11:30 PM
The Lt500R has a faster top speed then the Atc 250R. I can believe 90 plus with some slight gearing changes. Doesn't anybody think of the Tiger 500 as the fastest stock production bike?

I remember Speedbump posting about how he killed a Quadzilla in the 300 foot drags over and over on his T4 after the 500 owner mouthed off so much. Said by the time the LT was up to speed the race was over.

84250r
11-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Well i guess it all depends on the length of the race.

speed20
11-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Deathman, you have to be out of your mind if you think the 500 quadzilla was "almost as fast as the 250r" the quadzilla is without a doubt faster than the 250r and any production atv ever made. The guiness book of world records has a record of an atv going 98.8 mph or something like that, and was driven by a blind and deaf person!

BP
11-25-2004, 07:33 AM
This past weekend My son, on his 450R, me on a T-4, and 2 banhzees and 1 zilla, raced a few times on a 1/8 mile straight. The banzees both were piped and jetted. My T-4 is a big bore, and piped, the 450R is stock, with 1 tooth dropped up front, the zillia is bored, piped and jetted. All the people riding are good riders and can ride their machine. All races were from dead stops.

First the 450R beat both the Banzees a few times, by about 1-2 bikes. I beat the 450R by about 1- bike. I beat the banzees both of them by about 2 bikes. The zilla got beat by everything there, more then once. But it was coming on strong at the end and I believe would have beat evrything had we raced the 1/2 mile.

Before anybody gets upset about the results, this is what happened, no bull. The Banzees were more upset about the 450R beating them then anybody else. The guy on the Zilla was upset cause he had been talking the talk for months about his power over the other Quads. The Zilla is running good and the rider and the machine are in good shape. I was surprised I could beat the Banzees, but always thought I could beat the Zilla on a short track. I had raced my sons 450R and knew I could beat him. But mark my word, when my sons 450R gets piped, I dont think I will beat him anymore, its that close. TC racing told me, that he sells a pipe for the stock 450R. He said you do nothing but bolt it on, and he claims 7 hp, for the 450r. Its a drag racing short distance pipe. If its true? The 450r will be hard to beat!

TrikerR
11-25-2004, 08:04 AM
that sounds about rite with the zilla just kicking in at the end of the race. if the zilla revved faster it would be deadly but it takes so long to get up to top speed that its really pointless unless you race over quite a long distance.

firebird13601
11-25-2004, 10:54 AM
The stock exhaust was a major killer to the perfomance of the quadzilla, if you get a good aftermarket pipe and silencer it will rev much quicker allowing you to reach it's top speed faster. The stock exhaust was very restrictive. A Trinity pipe and silencer is a excellent one for the quadzilla, and with proper jetting you will see a major improvement. Either way the Quadzilla was the fastest stock atv in production at the time, even though it may have taken it longer to reach it's top speed.

Wickedfinger
11-25-2004, 08:12 PM
All I know is that I rode with two guys for years, both with FMF piped LT500R's and they were untouchable in drags. As far as handling goes - not the greatest woods quads in the world. I would never, ever, however say that the Quadzilla was the GREATEST ATV ever created. I would say that it has the highest top speed of any stock (mass) produced ATV. 95+ might have been a little optimistic - it was just an estimate based on gear ratio combinations - 90mph though is within reach. As has been said before in this thread and by me over the past couple of years on this and other boards - I couln't agree more that top speed is irrelevent. I would rather get to 60mph in 7 seconds on a quad than 80mph in whatever. Quickness is what its all about.

BP
11-26-2004, 07:27 AM
The zilla had an FMF pipe, and the sprokets were changed to gear it down. This Zilla has a strong engine, and has just been rebuilt in the past few months. The people who rebuilt it have built lots of Zillas and knew what they were doing. My point is that sometimes people just talk trash about this or that and you cant believe what you hear. 90-+ for a Zilla is really pushing it, I dont think so. I'd have to see the radar slip.

My son on his 450R was told by everybody that no way was his stock 450R going to run with a Banzee, he was scared to race one. Let alone one that was piped, and set up right? But now he's not scared of them anymore. Although the races are close, he knows he can beat or run right with them. I was told that my T-4 would just chew his 450r up, it beats him but not by much. He was told that the new YZF 450 would just leave him in there tracks, although he has not yet got a chance to drag race one, he runs with a few and he's right there beside them, all the time. This 450r is stock! With the TC racing pipe, I believe its going to be hard to beat. My point is this new tech stuff is going to be hard to beat with the old school stuff if not now, but in a few years. These new 4 stroke engines are coming on, and there not looking back.

370banshee
11-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Are you sure? Stock for stock a YFZ will beat a banshee. So if the banshee is close, how close is the YFZ?

that is a big misconception a stock shee kills a YFZ. we ahve raced em a shee wins by alot. unless you race about 100ft

370banshee
11-27-2004, 04:38 PM
the quadzilla was the fastest production ATV ever built. they would run over 90 mph STOCK!

sorry guy they beat a banshee by about 1 mph. so figure about 76mph

370banshee
11-27-2004, 04:46 PM
The zilla had an FMF pipe, and the sprokets were changed to gear it down. This Zilla has a strong engine, and has just been rebuilt in the past few months. The people who rebuilt it have built lots of Zillas and knew what they were doing. My point is that sometimes people just talk trash about this or that and you cant believe what you hear. 90-+ for a Zilla is really pushing it, I dont think so. I'd have to see the radar slip.

My son on his 450R was told by everybody that no way was his stock 450R going to run with a Banzee, he was scared to race one. Let alone one that was piped, and set up right? But now he's not scared of them anymore. Although the races are close, he knows he can beat or run right with them. I was told that my T-4 would just chew his 450r up, it beats him but not by much. He was told that the new YZF 450 would just leave him in there tracks, although he has not yet got a chance to drag race one, he runs with a few and he's right there beside them, all the time. This 450r is stock! With the TC racing pipe, I believe its going to be hard to beat. My point is this new tech stuff is going to be hard to beat with the old school stuff if not now, but in a few years. These new 4 stroke engines are coming on, and there not looking back.

in silver lake i was draggin my all stock but pipes banshee and i ate yfz's for breakfast except for the ported, piped ones. they keep up pretty good. as for 450r's the YFZ's were absolutly killign em. i think you must hve been racing a short race. i'm nto sure what you ride but i'm guesin it's gotta be a ATC250R, T3, or tri-z to beat shees.

370banshee
11-27-2004, 04:49 PM
is the zilla the best quad ever ???? nope i;d give that title to either a banshee or a 250R. they are awesome qauds. also i'm thnking that the zilla wasn't the fasest quad ever i think it was teh most powerful quad ever. even with if you figure power-weight ratios a zilla is on top i belivee it goes liek this

1. zilla
2 banshee
3 T4
4 lt250r
5 TRX250R

yeah i knwo the honda is fast but in all actuality the kawi and suzi 250's were faster in stock trim i have seen the list somewhere i'll have to find it and post it here

but as for fastest quad ever i;d have to say a shee or maybe maybe a t4 but thats probably a stretch

BP
11-28-2004, 09:28 AM
I dont no, but what i wrote above about the 450 r beating the Banzees is the truth. It was about a 1/8 mile race. The Banzee was coming on at the end, but the 450R smoked both of them on the 1/8. I mean smoked by 1-2 bikes. My T-4 smokes them through the 1/8 and gets them on the quarter. The zilla? I think would beat us all on the long run, the big bore starts to come on.As for 250R's I have a T-3 and i beat every 250R I ever raced! Stock for stock.

I know it gets the Banzee guys all Psssss that the 450R gets them on the short run, but its true he beats them . 2 with good riders and bikes in good condition. Both of these Banzees are piped, his 450R is stock with nothing but a 12 tooth up front.

370banshee
11-28-2004, 11:32 AM
hey i'm not saying your lying or anything. i'm just telling you what i've seen.
alot of times it's hard to judge. with the way these quads are produced now days sometimes when the parts come together on the assembly line every once in a while a "good one" gets put together. like just the right parts hit the same bike. i had a blaster like that. my stock blaster woudl beat my brothers stock blaser every single time. anyway if he can beat piped shees with a stock 450 i say congrats. but to the banshees guys you gotta tell em i said "shame on you getting beat by a 4 stroke" ha ha. oh and by the way a T4, and T3 are badass. i'm curently lokign for either one but the trike has def. gotta be a 86-87. i have an 85 i was gonna redo and i've decided not too.

BP
11-29-2004, 06:30 AM
I no what you mean about certain ones being faster then others. Its always been that way. Long ago with cars, we use to call them Wednesday cars. Meaning they were assembled on a Wednesday. I think alot has to do with the way you break them in also.The 450R wines up so fast its similar to a 2 stoke engine. Fast reving.
My T-4 is a 88 with the big bore kit, and some head work. The T-3 is a 86 stock. It runs pretty good if you can keep the front end down.

My point of these posts was that people will talk about these quadzillas as if they are the king at everything. My friend that rides one, talks the same way. Now that we all raced he's talking about spending some major money on his quadzillia. All these quads were close when racing, if anyone got a good start the results would change. None ran all over the other.

2stoke, Im with you, I love the 2 stoke power and the engines. But the time is coming where the 4 stokes are going to be king. "We have the technology, we can build them!!!"

370banshee
11-29-2004, 11:44 PM
But the time is coming where the 4 stokes are going to be king. "We have the technology, we can build them!!!"

i was agreeing woth you 100% until this part of your post!!!! the likely hood of that happening is slim being that they had to pull out all teh stops on these 450's to even get em close. hell teh YFZ has soemthign like 11:1 compression. i think we will never see teh day when a 4 poke can make the power a 2 stroke does and make as usefully. i'm takling cc-cc here. the day a 350 4 poke does what a shee does. will be the day i hang up my helmet. until then i'll keep roosting 4 pokes to my hearts content

NOS_350X
11-30-2004, 02:08 AM
All I know is that I rode with two guys for years, both with FMF piped LT500R's and they were untouchable in drags. As far as handling goes - not the greatest woods quads in the world. I would never, ever, however say that the Quadzilla was the GREATEST ATV ever created. I would say that it has the highest top speed of any stock (mass) produced ATV. 95+ might have been a little optimistic - it was just an estimate based on gear ratio combinations - 90mph though is within reach. As has been said before in this thread and by me over the past couple of years on this and other boards - I couln't agree more that top speed is irrelevent. I would rather get to 60mph in 7 seconds on a quad than 80mph in whatever. Quickness is what its all about.

I think this is the first beliveable post ive seen in this thread. The lt500's are untouchable in the drags.

2strokefreak i'm calling BS on your story there is no way your piped banshee was beating yfz's like you say. Sit back and watch some drags for a while, and now days the yfz dominates them.

BP
11-30-2004, 07:07 AM
Yea, your right for the 4 stoke to be as fast cc to cc I dont see that happening. But for just all out power and go... the 4 stroke technolgy is here and getting better everyday. The lt 500 and my sons 450 r are close to the same cc, but he beats the lt500 in the 1/8 mile. The yfz are also 450 and they beat most everything, and they are 4 stroke. I didnt believe it either, but you have to believe what you see. I love the 2 strokes, its what I mostly have.
I have a 350X engine at TC racing right now getting some work done to it, for torque. Tom Carlson tells me these 350x motors with the right work can be made pretty fast, with big bore kits. Im amazed at the power I've seen from the new four stroke engines. Its the future.

370banshee
11-30-2004, 07:15 PM
I think this is the first beliveable post ive seen in this thread. The lt500's are untouchable in the drags.

2strokefreak i'm calling BS on your story there is no way your piped banshee was beating yfz's like you say. Sit back and watch some drags for a while, and now days the yfz dominates them.

think what you want!! but stock for stock a shee beats a YFZ we have ran stock vs stock and when teh shee hits 4th or 5th gear is see ya 450. i think you read to much dirtwheels magazine!!!!. my piped banshee kills a YFZ in sand and on pavement. i can't hook in loose dirt with knobbies though.

KXtecate3
11-30-2004, 07:33 PM

I hate to butt in like this, but I'm calling BS on your BS, haha. I was there, I saw it, the ONLY quad even close to him was a piped and decently modded YFZ, Stock YFZ's really arent anything to get a huge woody over.

bigkahun74
11-30-2004, 08:30 PM

sorry buddy, i was there and if you would have been there it would have been a sad day for you. considering your above statement.. the only yfz's that could touch 2strokefreaks piped shee was a yfz with a pipe and had port work done to it. maybe you should check some drags out yourself sir.

bigkahun74
11-30-2004, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=BP]Yea, your right for the 4 stoke to be as fast cc to cc I dont see that happening. But for just all out power and go... the 4 stroke technolgy is here and getting better everyday. The lt 500 and my sons 450 r are close to the same cc, but he beats the lt500 in the 1/8 mile. QUOTE]

my wifes kfx 700 smokes a 450r in a drag. i've done it several times. in saying that i can't see a 450r beating a lt500 in a short drag, but then again i haven't seen it so i'm not going to say it can't happen. anything can happen.

BP
11-30-2004, 08:43 PM
2stroke, Im not going to say anything against a banzee, I love them. I believe that the two Banzees we raced would have done better against us, if they could have hooked up. They were spinnig pretty much. I've never raced a yzf, and my sons not raced any either, on his 450r. He has rode with a few, and has messed with them, but as for them stopping and starting from a stop, neither one of us has gotten the chance yet. But after all this hype in the magazines and on here Im curious on just what they would do? Just running around with them they dont run away and smoke none of us. I cant believe that they are these killer Quads? I have rode many Banzees and have rode with many, I like them, and respect them as one of the fastest quads out there.

Having said all that i do believe that the 4 stroke is the thing of the future. But old guys like me, will just keep making these old 2 stokes faster.

370banshee
11-30-2004, 11:42 PM
2stroke, Im not going to say anything against a banzee, I love them. I believe that the two Banzees we raced would have done better against us, if they could have hooked up. They were spinnig pretty much. I've never raced a yzf, and my sons not raced any either, on his 450r. He has rode with a few, and has messed with them, but as for them stopping and starting from a stop, neither one of us has gotten the chance yet. But after all this hype in the magazines and on here Im curious on just what they would do? Just running around with them they dont run away and smoke none of us. I cant believe that they are these killer Quads? I have rode many Banzees and have rode with many, I like them, and respect them as one of the fastest quads out there.

Having said all that i do believe that the 4 stroke is the thing of the future. But old guys like me, will just keep making these old 2 stokes faster.

BP just fior the record i like you. haha you ahve a good head on your shoulders. i know that 4 strokes are our unfourtunate future and all but they have a long way to go. and yeah even us young pumks will keep making these 2 strokes faster and with banshees, 250Rs, and the other popular 2 strokes the sky is the limit. roost on BP roost on!!!!!

370banshee
11-30-2004, 11:46 PM
oh by the way the young punk comment is because i'm only 22

BP
12-01-2004, 07:08 AM
Now for the KX 700? I've raced a few with my T-4, and my sons raced a few with his 450R. Standing start, the 700 gets us out of the hole cause they dont spin much. I hit 3rd and Im gone. My son hits 3rd and he's gone, did it more then once. There is 3 of them that rides with us, the only difference is 2 are green and 1 is orange. And yes the zillia gets the 700 the whole way. Those things are tractors for torque, but to heavy to be a racer!

370banshee
12-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Now for the KX 700? I've raced a few with my T-4, and my sons raced a few with his 450R. Standing start, the 700 gets us out of the hole cause they dont spin much. I hit 3rd and Im gone. My son hits 3rd and he's gone, did it more then once. There is 3 of them that rides with us, the only difference is 2 are green and 1 is orange. And yes the zillia gets the 700 the whole way. Those things are tractors for torque, but to heavy to be a racer!

AGREED!!! that v force is mostly all down low but BIG K does have DMC pipes on his now and it;s got alot more midrange

mr bigglesworth
12-01-2004, 07:37 PM
LT500R - FACT!. 80mph is what has been quoted for years now. Stock gearing of course - pull a tooth larger front sprocket, and 95+ isn't out of the question.

well ive had a built to the balls87 big reed: 572cc zilla and i own a built she and the zilla isnt as fast as alot of people think,high 70s for a moderatly worked zilla( pipe knfilter wiseco topend) but its still going to beat a 450 anything unless its in dire need of a rebuild,theres much better results on building up a she . zilla vs banshee drag (stock only) the zilla pulls it after 3rd gear by a bike length or two but nothing great, pipe the she and zilla do that same race and she will win by a bike length,people often think zillas can do 95+ thats not going to happen unless you work it over big time or
gear it up and then it would be very lacking on bottom and be slow in a short race,ive clocked my old zilla at 81mph but thats a dune ported 572 high compression piped altered intake race carb blah, blah blah, stock its more like 75 and she is like 73,either bike will kill a yfz poor 50

BP
12-01-2004, 11:43 PM
I didnt mean to start something here! I just gave the honest results of a few races we had. I wanted to say something about this myth, that the zilla is unbeatable. And no the zillia we raced is not worn out, and the rider can ride. the zillia has been bored and rebuilt by people who no what they are doing. Its in good shape. This is his 2nd zillia, he had a new one in 87. He races other zillas and says he's beats them. But he didnt do so good with us. He's a good friend and hes not happy either.

Maybe some other day it will do better, but for the day we raced him? Its history, he lost. The z400 are not that much, maybe they will whip up on a 400ex or something, but not a 450R, a T-3 a T-4, a banzee, or a zillia, they just dont have it.

Now guys Im not having a psssing contest here, just stating what happened. I've had a bunch of ATV's over the years. And at 53 years of age I've done it all. I still like to race, and ride, and can still whip my weight in wildcats. So go out and race everybody you can, and if its not fast enough make it faster, last time I checked they are still making parts.

Oh yea! the reason the companies are going to 4 strokes, is for one reason and one reason only, the goverment is coming down on them about smog! Same reason your seeing it in boats.

terboed
12-01-2004, 11:47 PM
blackwatch if i took all the money you through at that z and put it in a shee you would be going home a very sad boy.

KXtecate3
12-01-2004, 11:48 PM
hey, easy on the ego trip there buddy. Nobody was talking trash about anything till you decided to take the throne. Thats a nice Z but I'm sure someone on the face of the earth has something faster so keep saving your money, youve got enough wrapped up in that thing as it is, whats a couple more thousand bucks to be fastest till the next time you ride? Every different bike has its high points, whether its a 2 stroke or a 4 joke.

ANd the quad I wish I had, I knw it wasn't directed at me, but guess what? I do have one, and I'm trading it in for something that actually has some balls.

terboed
12-01-2004, 11:55 PM
yep i got 5000 in my shee including what i bought it for. o yea, its faster then your z in a drag. pump gas will gyt-r done

blackwatch1989
12-01-2004, 11:55 PM
LOL you want me to come out to the sand because thats the only thing that a banshee can do decent at. LOL my 1984 trx125 handled better then a banshee and that has no shocks.

KXtecate3
12-01-2004, 11:56 PM
man, there goes that ego trip again....

terboed
12-01-2004, 11:57 PM
yep yer done

KXtecate3
12-01-2004, 11:57 PM
this is lame I'm not gonna sit here and argue about this with you

BP
12-02-2004, 12:04 AM
Now your talking "Black" I believe you get it. Any good racer worth his salt dont put all the money in the motor. Traction is where its at in a drag race. It was my point when then post started. Having said that about traction, you still need "power". The stock z400 is lacking this kind of power. there are a lot of them around, they are good looking, and the suspention is good, but the stock motor just wont get it done. You have to spend some money if you want to run with the power Quads. Like you have done.

Yes Suzuki is coming out with a big gun, to run with Yamaha and Honda, they have to to be in that 450 class, it will be a good power house and the others will go after them hard. This is where it gets fun.

I have a old 88 T-4 and an old 86 T-3, and after 15 years they will still run with the hot quads out there. Thats why i love them! And im trying all the time to make them even go faster, to keep the younger crowd from laughing. Yes, alot of people have never even seen these things before, but they dont forget them.

Mike's Shee
12-02-2004, 12:09 AM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?p=169403#post169403 take a look at the quad you wish you had.

I don't think most of the people would want that quad. I will race you straight up for your title if you want to. Hell you can choose which one of my quads I race on. I've got an 05 YFZ 450 and an 87 Banshee. Your Z450 want to be won't stand a chance against either one. So I would say that when you learn a little about quad motors then you can start talking.

RideRed250R
12-02-2004, 12:15 AM
2 strokes will forever be the top drag bike! but i cant stand banshees (have had one be4) the thing i dont like is that when trailprotrailpro bottom end blows up twice the cash top-end twice the cash modds twice the cash. my banshee had toomey t5's k/n power up kit milled heads v-force reeds and was bored over 20 the thing was fast as hell and nice in a straigh line in.but in the dunes it rode rough shook like hell and was only the king of the sand in a straight line. in the dunes ATC250R's would beat me trx250R's would beat me, you know 2 strokefreak that u tap dance on that shifter alot when dune riding. my ATC250R which is the air-cooled is a step down but is reliable to heck rides good works good and revs like a banshee! its quick for its time it still beats the 400ex and the various Z's. the only reason banshees are so popular is cause everyone has them every one and yes, the industry is going to put out alot of parts for a bike that has a rep of selling 6 a day per dealer. everyone wants them cause everyone has them just like LIFTED FORDS (YUKKK). I rather stand out and get the thumbs up from people who havent seen a bike in that good condition in a while. THe banshee is gettin canned in 2006 it will be a twin 400 and i can bet its going to go out on TOP! but i like my 3 wheeler and wont part till i get older and get alot of money. o BTW black watches Z will take anything that doesnt have spray or is on alky. or a banshee on trinitys 125 horse power bolt on kit. The money he has in his engine is unbelieveable but will last longer then a big bore banshee. i might sound alittle contradictive in this post but I show pros and cons and have ADHD so i can pull that card lol.
2 strokes are still good iam sellin my 83 to step up to a waterpumper and will love 2 strokes as long as they keep the parts for them readily available. Hopefully this summer i can be a runnin around in a ATC500R that would be trick but till then i run reliable and stick out of the crowd.
adam

terboed
12-02-2004, 12:18 AM
how about a race with an e-ton 110. you better think hard if you really want to. they have been known for smoking z's.

OldSchoolin86
12-02-2004, 02:10 AM
This thread has been closed for tonight thanks to a couple of guys who don't understand the rules of these forums. The language and attacks will NOT be tolerated. I am 100% in favor of a good debate and I think you guys and gals should be free to do so. When you guys want to call each other out like you did keep it off the boards. If you feel the need to yell at each other then try PM'in each other.

Howdy
12-03-2004, 10:03 AM
I am opening up this thread again. If it gets out of hand again I will close it for good and pass out more bans as needed. Remember we have young kids that visit.

Howdy
P.S. I know it is possible to have a discussion without people going beserk ( we have done it before ). So leave your Ego trip at the door ( or I will show you the door ).

Blown 331
12-03-2004, 12:10 PM
think what you want!! but stock for stock a shee beats a YFZ we have ran stock vs stock and when teh shee hits 4th or 5th gear is see ya 450. i think you read to much dirtwheels magazine!!!!. my piped banshee kills a YFZ in sand and on pavement. i can't hook in loose dirt with knobbies though.

Wow this thread is great, talk about entertainment. I figure I might has well throw in my .02. I know absolutley nothing about an LT500.
But my buddy has a bone stock 1998 Banshee. It has like no hours on, this thing is immaculate. Pretty much brand new. I think it's pitfully slow. My 450R and my buddy's YFZ450 completely destroy it. I have another buddy with a Banshee that has pistons and jetted. This one is a lot faster than the other Banshee but isn't any faster than a piped 400EX.

TrikerR
12-03-2004, 08:26 PM
i agree with blown, really quite entertaining. ahaha.

Troll 2
12-03-2004, 09:06 PM
I have another buddy with a Banshee that has pistons and jetted. This one is a lot faster than the other Banshee but isn't any faster than a piped 400EX.

That's hard to believe that a modded shea isnt any faster than a 400ex. At least on paper and common sence says that............................ :cool:

TrikerR
12-03-2004, 11:48 PM
troll, can you please stop posting...or at least get that pic of your signature, cause i get so jealous everytime i see it.lol

Blown 331
12-04-2004, 11:15 AM
That's hard to believe that a modded shea isnt any faster than a 400ex. At least on paper and common sence says that............................ :cool:

I agree, you would think the Banshee would be faster but it wasn't. We didn't try switching riders or anything like that, but they were both competent riders. That's just what happened when we raced the 2. It really doesn't mean anything. But so far I am not at all impressed with the close to stock Banshee's I've seen. And yes you need to remove that pic from your sig. OMG, that thing is awesome!

Troll 2
12-04-2004, 03:25 PM
I understand more since reading the http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=24287 thread and Timsr's thoughts. Hiwheelies................................ :beer

http://www.bmi.net/magoos/smr.jpg

bigkahun74
12-06-2004, 09:45 PM

i would have to fully agree with you Troll. i have seen and riden several shees in my time, one of my riding buddies had a 400ex that was piped and had some engine work done to it. i was then riding a 2000 shee with pro slow pipes also known as pro circuit, lol.. needless to say my friend on the 400 weighs in around 180lbs and myself being 6'5" weighting in at 285lbs :beer raced several times in sand, mudd, dry fields, and dry pavement and not one time did he come close.. but then again we never switched bikes or anything. i guess that just shows that everyone gets different results when they go head to head and that anything can happen on any givin day...

P.S. i think this is a pretty cool site.....

markdb420
12-07-2004, 09:52 PM
I have trouble believing that a piped 400ex will be a piped Banshee, because I have a fairly quick 400ex with pipe, jets, and hi rev box and I have raced 2 piped Banshees and they killed my 400ex and that was with different riders, any combo you could think of. My built 85 250r will beat the banshees and smoke the living heck out of my 400ex, short or long drag! One of my buddies with the piped Banshee beat a built YFZ 450 in both short and long drags. The YFZ had pipe, jets, airbox mods and good porting. It was close with either rider on either machine. There is another guy that has a LT250 quadracer and it gets blasted by my buddy's 85 Tri-Z. I would love to ride a LT 500 just for comparisons sake. I also know that an 86 T-3 stock for stock will dust a 85-86 ATC250r.
I'd love to line up against Blackwatches LTZ 450. I have embarassed 2 piped z-400s pretty bad, so I'd hope for $9000 + cost of quad, it'd beat my $2000 (total cost) 1985 ATC 250R. I would love to line em up!

03 ORANGE SHEE
12-08-2004, 10:47 PM
i just bought a 87 lt 500r, i still havent found enough room to top her out, dont worry i WILL find the room!

RideRed250R
12-09-2004, 01:57 PM
ask anyone who knows their stuff and banshees are hard to beat with a 4 stroke except for the yfz450
adam

Troll 2
12-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Heres some video's of some yzf's spanking just about everything.. :wondering
http://www.eskimo.com/~daddog/videos/
I still will enjoy my 85'r over anything.................. :TrikesOwn
http://www.bmi.net/magoos/smr.jpg

AirManCam
12-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Wow This thread is helarious. I have read more BS in this thread alone than I have on the whole site I believe. I have owned a zilla, and a banshee. (and hopfully BP will learn how to spell BANSHEE) sorry that was annoying me. The zilla will run 80 stock. No questions. And as far as beating a banshee...HAHAHA thats simple. Banshees are pitiful stock. Once you start modding them, then thats a differnt question. I have had no troubles beating banshees on my raptor. And a yfz will beat a banshee. And as far as a banshee being the best quad ever? PLEASE! The suspension and handeling is so pitiful, its like riding a atc 70 down a severly rocky trail. Theres some of my experience.

bassman
12-11-2004, 12:08 AM
"yeah,it was.i don't know for sure but maybe a stock banshee could beat it,a bigbore banshee would for sure."

LMFAO
That almost brought tears to my eyes.....

Tecate250
12-11-2004, 01:15 AM
500cc
How do you compare cc?
twin cylinder to one 4 stroke to 2?
Me I hate the banshee.
Its ugly as hell and almost unchanged since 87 or 88 when they came out.
im here to bash yamaha.
They runied it all by not getting into the 250 class quads.
instead they make a 350 twin cylinder atv? and a 200 air cooled blaster.
Now the balster is a good bike but yamaha has to get it together. All there bikes are all recycled bikes.
The craptor is a grizzly 660 motor.
the wolverine is a warrior without a clutch.

Ive always heard the quadzilla was the fastest but not for the x2cc for what +10mphmax? no way.

Im a big fan of green.
I love my tecates and some day I want to be buired in one.
Back 3 years ago I spanked a lightly modded 400ex.
Raced him befor with a flat tire and a pluged stock silencer.
Cleaned it and blew him.

I live in a rual area and we have a huge surplus of bikes atc especialy trikes.
But No one even Knew what one looked like until I bought 1.
I like owning a bike that stands out.
I have never drove a banshee nor have I seen a zilla in person but the zilla is what it is. And If I ever ride one. It will be great pleasure.

But...
The tecate 4 being fast????
This I have a hard time believing. It was produced 2 years.
shortest sport atv life. trx250r 3 years and Highly massed produced. lt250r 7 years. Why did these bikes stop being made in the first place?
Kawasaki made more (HIGH PERFORMANCE) atcs and I "hear" they are faster stock vs stock. But why would magazines lie?
Isnt that there job?

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-11-2004, 02:32 AM
Wow This thread is helarious. I have read more BS in this thread alone than I have on the whole site I believe. I have owned a zilla, and a banshee. (and hopfully BP will learn how to spell BANSHEE) sorry that was annoying me. The zilla will run 80 stock. No questions. And as far as beating a banshee...HAHAHA thats simple. Banshees are pitiful stock. Once you start modding them, then thats a differnt question. I have had no troubles beating banshees on my raptor. And a yfz will beat a banshee. And as far as a banshee being the best quad ever? PLEASE! The suspension and handeling is so pitiful, its like riding a atc 70 down a severly rocky trail. Theres some of my experience.

AMC - I felt no need to reply to this thread, untill I read what you just said... Why do you insist on acting like you contain knowledge on EVERYTHING? I find it strange how you have owned everything in your life, Yet we've all only seen one ride,, but, the fact you have big dreams is besides the point.. What irritated me is your comments on the banshee, I agree its not the BEST (stock) quad ever, but it is not half as bad as you try and make it sound to be. I've rode my share of stock and modded ones, And from all the talk i've heard about how they have no low end stock turned out to be hot air when I got on one. They arent "pitiful" stock, there just tuned down a bit, all it takes is simple bolt on intake/exhaust mods to make them SCREAM,, But arent all two strokes like that?!? The suspension on a banshee is fine for what it is - STOCK, Maybe "your" banshee, or the one you road had blown or tightened up shocks, because they are NOT that bad of a ride, I've hammered jumps on a shee, and they sure as hell landed softer then any ATC i've road, so you can't even compare. I personally liked the handleing on the shee, the rear end gets real light and its easy to slide through the corners, they also have sharp steering, so sometimes they tend to skid the front end into turns, but it doesnt take much to kick the rear out to get through it. You may be able to outrun some banshees on your raptor, but throw a couple bolt ons on that banshee and a good rider, and you'll be struggling to see through the dust.

About the quadzilla, I've only road a couple, so I have no idea what the numbers are (speed). Fast as hell for being stock.. yes,, But it wouldnt take too much for a shee to keep right up.

This thread is not "helarious". It is a bunch of guys trying to make other people agree with there conjectures. Half the people replying here have no idea what they are talking about, and all they did was make themselfs look bad.

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-11-2004, 02:38 AM
500cc
How do you compare cc?
twin cylinder to one 4 stroke to 2?
Me I hate the banshee.
im here to bash yamaha.
They runied it all by not getting into the 250 class quads.
instead they make a 350 twin cylinder atv? and a 200 air cooled blaster.
Now the balster is a good bike but yamaha has to get it together. All there bikes are all recycled bikes.
The craptor is a grizzly 660 motor.
the wolverine is a warrior without a clutch.

Ive always heard the quadzilla was the fastest but not for the x2cc for what +10mphmax? no way.

Im a big fan of green.
I love my tecates and some day I want to be buired in one.
Back 3 years ago I spanked a lightly modded 400ex.
Raced him befor with a flat tire and a pluged stock silencer.
Cleaned it and blew him.

I live in a rual area and we have a huge surplus of bikes atc especialy trikes.
But No one even Knew what one looked like until I bought 1.
I like owning a bike that stands out.
I have never drove a banshee nor have I seen a zilla in person but the zilla is what it is. And If I ever ride one. It will be great pleasure.

But...
The tecate 4 being fast????
This I have a hard time believing. It was produced 2 years.
shortest sport atv life. trx250r 3 years and Highly massed produced. lt250r 7 years. Why did these bikes stop being made in the first place?
Kawasaki made more (HIGH PERFORMANCE) atcs and I "hear" they are faster stock vs stock. But why would magazines lie?
Isnt that there job?

Stop talking now, THINK before you speak..

They did change the front suspension setup, but other then that, WHY change something so good? They had no reason to change it.

You HATE it because its unchanged???

This is the #1 reason why you shouldnt even be replying to this. May I ask WHY you are? Did you bother to read the topic, or the original post????

AirManCam
12-11-2004, 06:57 PM
They did change the front suspension setup, but other then that, WHY change something so good? They had no reason to change it.

You HATE it because its unchanged???
I think that is the only thing I have ever agreed with you about jared. IMO if you can get somthing right the first time, you have a hit, and thats why it is still around after 17 years.
As you only seeinng pictures of my 350x, you have seen my rancher as well. And when I get a scanner (hopfully santa will bring me one ;) ) I'll show you pictures of every ride i've ever had. Mostly you have only seen my 350x and my rancher is becuase, I had a friend take some DIGITAL pics of them. And I'll get you anypicture you want of any ride I currently own, or have past owned.

a-camp
12-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Power to weight . Bigger moter does not always meen faster. I bike i built {85 250r.}Was pulling raptors 400 ex s and 450 s last trip on a quarter mile hill climb

Blaster
12-11-2004, 08:32 PM
oooooook im gunna say something hopefully u ppl wont get pissed. i have a blaster and sure its not all that fast but i can wip on just about any quad under 350cc in a drag and its just bored with a silencer and a banshee will smoke anything in its path except maby my blaster hahaha jp jp jp. the z-400 is the worst 400 evermade the ex-is good and the new 450's are just a wast i mean come on when that thing breaks down its gunna be a good 1,000 to 2,000 dollar job.

Tecate250
12-12-2004, 01:16 PM
The Banshee.
The Blaster
Gas Gas Wild
All the banshee is, is a lack of options.
I can't see myself paying 8000 cnd for a shee that everyone owns.Thats it for 2 stroke quads
I had 2 tecate 4s and I had more pleasure watching people looking at my t4 then a shee.
Yamahas plastics are junk for whiteing, for 2 stroke quads
Which street bike did the banshee come from?
Didnt it not have power valves?
Why did it appear as a 250?
Where the hell did 350 twin come from?
All the banshee is an insurance bike.
Yamaha has done nothing to update there bikes.
The trx 250 is in my eyes the fastest bike.
That is the real bike. Ive heard yam hon new 450s measurements are almost the same.
So since I have never own or driven a banshee That means I know sheet.
Well you know something.
Keep your "trainning wheel on your craptors your shees.
We are arguing about quads on a trike site. That is funny.
The thing here is too many factors exsist.
Rider condition and bike condition.

So how many of you shee lovers had a 250r and wanted the shee top be a 250.
What if honda came out with a 350 lol.

Yamaha makes no sence with me at all.

J.D.
12-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Man, I have a headache after reading this post. Talk about a group of illiterate grammar-deprived people. Sweet Jesus in Heaven above I've seen less stupid people at Wal-Mart for crying out loud. I have only 1 experience with a LT500R, and it was broke down hahahah!

PA_Banshee
12-16-2004, 05:35 PM
I can't believe my eyes. Everyone open up Word or OpenOffice and type your responses in there. Then run the spell-checker that they have and fix all of your misspellings before you paste something on here.

I love my 350X but lets face it... the suspension is crap and I don't feel like putting that much money into it. So next I bought the banshee. Sure a stock one has its flaws but so does every other stock ATV when you get down to it. That's why I bought my banshee with all the goodies on it for a steal. Then I bought my girlfriend a new blaster. Yamaha is the only one willing to still produce 2-strokes so I guess that makes me a yammi fan.

Pistonhead
12-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Man, every single time we debate quads on here it turns into a big pissing contest. Kind of silly in my eyes, but since I know little or nothing about "racing" quads, and since I've never ridden a quad that did not have some sort of cargo rack, I think I'll stay out of it. I guess it sure beats the hell out of high school debate club topics though! Who cares about world issues, I think my quad can smoke your quads ***!

BP
12-17-2004, 06:55 AM
I didnt mean to start anything. At the beginning of this thread people were talking about how fast the 500 quadzilla was, and I just wrote my results. It was and is the truth. Since, we have all raced again with the same results. So get upset, if you want but we have had the same results. Again I think if we had a longer area the zillia would pull ahead, but not on this 1/8 mile. The Preditor that ran against us all, was beat by everybody, to slow out of the hole and takes too long to get going. The quads that raced were a 450r, t-4, 2- banshees, Preditor, 400z, zillia, Rapter. My T-4 is the fastest, but it also has the most work done to it. The 450 R stock,beat everything else, believe it or not, they were the results. Not everyone who raced is happy with the results. Im sure there will be alot of money spent in the next year.

My friend with the zillia is planning on spending some big bucks on his.

P.S. This is not s 3 wheeler page, its why they call this page quad central!

03 ORANGE SHEE
12-20-2004, 06:15 PM
as you can tell from my sig, i have a shee, but i use and had the motor built for what is does best, STRAIGHT LINE acceleration and nothing more i tried mx years ago on my old one and they dont work, the on/off power will wear you out fast, the 500 i bought has a even power across the board, but this weekend i finally got to race it on hardpack and pavement geared 12/41 and all the piped 400ex's and one 450r saw was my rear axle and swing arm, it would always pull the holeshot on dirt, but it was even better on blacktop, and i dont mean by a bike lenth or two, i liked the fact when the 400's or even the 450r was topped out on the open road i was in 4th, and shifted to fifth pulling away like they hit the brakes!

RideRed250R
12-22-2004, 12:54 AM
qaudzillas NO DOUBT are the fastest top-end but for me a drag race is who is quicker, who tops out the fastest in the last gear, now let me rephrase 1/8th thats a good length, or 300ft or less but when trailprotrailpro going 650+ feet then thats over kill sure i can put a 25 tooth rear sprocket and a 15 tooth front sprocket on a 200x and blow 90 (not going to happen just a metaphor) so its all quickness for me, also how many quadzillas u still see runnin today? i love them have riden then and they fly but they are hard as heck to kick over, always have some little tinkery thing to have done to them, thats from ridding my freinds they are nice but i dont know,they are sorta gettin like the atc's more and more parts discontinued
adam

voodoo1215
02-22-2007, 07:02 PM
I recently had the oppurtunity to Race an 89 banshee against many new quads on a closed course desert style track.. The banshee is piped, jetted, and has a few modern suspension upgrades.. this shee goes from zero to oh my god in an instant! there is no lug whatsoever the second you hit the throttle it seems your on top end and in the next gear.. I am a 2 stroke freak and love the power, smell, and smack talkin! in a landrush start, the banshee was tops!! first off the line in a full wheelstand for the first 3 gears(by accident!!) but after that, the yfz's, the trx's the ds 650... smoothly drove on by... out of the corners the shee was fast as hell!! i could pull them out of almost every corner!!(again, fighting very hard to keep the front end near the ground.) put the banshee motor in a yfz frame, and actualy learn to ride it, and in my own, uneducated opinion... the thing would be unstoppable!!

El'Capitan
02-22-2007, 08:15 PM
HAHAHA, you do realized that this thread is YEARS old....

voodoo1215
02-22-2007, 08:57 PM
I do now... and boy do i feel like a fool!! oh well :)

El'Capitan
02-22-2007, 10:07 PM
lol, its all good. lets get our shovels and put this thread back into its grave ;)