PDA

View Full Version : Predator hype

OldSchoolin86
01-11-2003, 10:03 AM
So what's the deal with the Predator? It was suposed to be the quad of all quads but yet I haven't heard anyone say they got one. The dealer I got my Honda from moves a ton of machines and can't get rid of the one Predator they put on the floor a couple of months ago.

ATC crazy
01-11-2003, 03:49 PM
There were quad races at the monster truck show last night and a predator was there. It lost though. 400ex's took all the top spots beating out banshee's, Raptors, cannondales, and 250r's. They were pretty much stock too.

King44
01-11-2003, 03:50 PM
There's a guy called puddle_jumper over at highlifter's sport quad forum. His friend or brother got a predator and he has a modded up raptor, he says they're neck and neck, so just think of a pred with mods...

ATCRYDER
01-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Its a brand new quad. Theres actually a market for sport quads now so people arent running out to jump on the only machine like it was a few years ago with the EX. People are "playing it safe" being there arent too many used ones to find cheap(er).

TimSr
01-14-2003, 12:29 AM
I saw two of them at the MX races on Sunday. They look promising, but I wouldnt jump on the "quad of all quads" bandwagon. Rembering all the Raptor hype, right on this board, before they were released, I was interested but didint get too excited. I think the bigger story here is that a quad like this is made by Polaris, and they should get credit for attempting to relase something competitive in the sport market, even if they fall short of being the greatest. Might not be a milestone in the quad world, but its a milestone for Polaris.

Wickedfinger
01-14-2003, 03:05 PM
... I haven't eyed one in person yet, but from the tons of pic's out there so far, it may be the most attractive Quad from the front and back I've ever seen .... and the absolute UGLIEST quad when viewed from the side.

TravEX
01-31-2003, 08:55 PM
check out this thread (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=4ae27c2b0c5c112b3f0b44fcb037c070&threadid=39021&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

i believe it's gonna be a great quad, dunno why they didn't put reverse in it since the Z/KFX and Raptors do, but we'll see how it goes over,,,

theeechozen1
02-17-2003, 06:14 PM
There was 2 of em at one of my favorite riding spots a few weeks ago, The guys had just got them-- I asked them how they performed and he stated "alot better then a raptor" since I had been spanking my buddies rap-turd all day on my R I replied "so is mine let's run em" and we were off to line em up and race down the wash. It's a long strait sandy wash fairly flat with some whoop sections, Only one of the guys would race the other being fearful of running his new bike so hard in its shiney state, the other guy couldn't possibly so no to such a old and beat up trike. We took off and that thing hooked up and went, pulled the holeshot by about 4-5 bike legths as I tried to get the front wheel back on the ground, as I hit 3rd his lead was down to 2-3 bike legths and I was slowly pulling up next to him-- bout dead even in 5th and he started to pull on me just a little he was about 1/2 a bike legth ahead when I hit 6th--------buh bye sugartits !! Pulled on him quik and threw enough trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro at his new bike to make him stop :D So yes they are fast, but the hype is still hype, sorry I didnt see this post earlier--
Gene

rumpypumpy
02-17-2003, 07:25 PM
Well I rode one the other day and was not impressed in a drag with a kfx400 it pulled 2 bikes and stayed dead even and a stock raptor killed it, oh and my banshee killed them all. I will say this though it handled outstanding kudo's to polaris they did their r&d on that one but don't beleive the hype their not that fast

theeechozen1
02-17-2003, 07:36 PM
I dont know about all that noise, I have raced several z-400's through that same wash and beat them by 8-9 bike legths, just completely wiped my trikes trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro with any Zuke-- but that repair-us hung fairly well-- Dont know how or why trailprotrailpro rap-turd was beating it either, my buddies rap-turd with his lower gear set-up for the dunes barely beat him off the line and lost top end pretty bad. I think rider skill is a major thing to consider

rumpypumpy
02-17-2003, 07:48 PM
Your right rider skill is a big difference but this was on pavement so that it wouldn't be traction issue

Big Darn Mike C
02-24-2003, 06:04 AM
A banshee wipes it's ass with any oher quad out there. Good job to all these companies with their new wave of 4 stroke performance and great handling new machines, but lets not forget who the boss is. The Banshee may be old and dated, but try telling it that. :twisted:

rumpypumpy
02-24-2003, 11:26 AM
I second that, by the way production will cease with the 2005 model

TimSr
02-24-2003, 11:54 AM
I got beat by one yesterday at the MX races. I was impressed by how well it handled the whoops. I think they have a lot of potential. I was drving my TRX250R.

rumpypumpy
02-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Now the handling was awesome , it handled as good as my friends cannondale.