PDA

View Full Version : Free credit report online? where?

Dirtcrasher
11-30-2004, 08:34 PM
Hey guys, another question to throw out there. Where can I get a free online credit report WITHOUT giving them a credit card #. I got one before somewhere but I just tried a few and they all tried to snag a "refundable" credit card amount. Thanks for any help!!

AirManCam
11-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Try www.freecreditreport.com

Glenn J
12-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Funny you should ask this. Starting today, we'll be allowed to get free credit reports from the 3 reporting agencies once a year:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101041206-832206,00.html

OldSchoolin86
12-01-2004, 05:25 PM
I got mildly screwed from a free report, I wouldn't touch them. It was free if you registered and you had 30 days to cancel if you didn't want to be in this credit watch program. I canceled the same day I got my report and a few months later they took something like $80 off of my credit card. I called and complained, they didn't care. They said I never canceled and I even had proof! My card company got the money back. Well a year later, I get charged again! I called up and got really ugly this time. They said they had a record of my call last time but not of what it was about. They did finialy take me off their list and return my money but that's too much BS for me. I'll just pay the $10 if I want it from now on.

rman
12-01-2004, 08:26 PM
there is no such thing i done the same thing they took out for three months and we didnt know it till our checking account bounced then took another month for them to cancel it. they really screwed us i wouldnt reccomend it unless you want to pay a fee. any of them that say they need your card number for something free beware its not free

later rman

Rod
12-02-2004, 12:06 AM
We have an article in our local paper about a free credit report for certain states. The web site is www.annualcreditreport.com
it's a federal trade commision deal so it should be pretty safe. Good luck.

Rod
12-02-2004, 12:42 AM
ok, I did this & saw my report from 3 different places, printed it all out & found out some goon info all in 30 minutes & all for free. The catch is you can only do this once a year but that is no biggie to me.

rman
12-02-2004, 07:48 AM
there is only a few states this is free to. it is not free i checked out your link the same one i did they were taking 19.95 out of my checking if you look closely it is not free you see only a part of your credit for free the rest you have to pay for i have tried this.

azhondagrl
12-02-2004, 08:08 AM
this one is legit though,

annualcreditreport.com just like mentioned above. In AZ yesterday it was all over the news and the "3 on your side" news investigative team said its a go!!

steph