PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Lt80

newbie 350x
12-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Hello all. I am picking up a lt80 for my son this weekend. I am looking to make it a litlle more dunable. I have seen several kits out there such as wheels spacers, extended a-arms etc.... I was wondering if anyone here on the board has any expierience with any of these kits for the lt80. If so let me know what you have done and attach pics if possible.

Thanks,

Greg

smokinwrench
12-04-2004, 02:58 AM
My boy has a LT80. It has plenty of power for the dunes for a little guy, my boy is 6. I have stock rear wheels with Skat Trak gliders on the rear. I install the rear rims backwards (valve stem inside) this makes the rear much wider then stock. I have absolutly no complaints about this machine.

Howard
12-04-2004, 07:29 AM
My son also has the lt80, we did the same with the wheels, flip them. but on the front you have to take the valve stem out, put it in backwards and drill another hole for one on the other side of the wheel then put the stem in normal. have to do that cause the front has the brakes out at the hubs, but it's a cheap easy way to get some width on it. there is also i heard a restrictor in the pipe and the carb. dont know much more about that though.

newbie 350x
12-06-2004, 12:07 PM
I never thought about flipping the rims around. Thats a good idea for a couple of extra inches. How about hop ups, either of you guys ever add an aftermarket exhaust on these little quads. I have seen several out there. Just wondering if they are worth it.

Greg

smokinwrench
12-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Ours is stock. It has way more power then my 6 year old needs. I had a old trx250 utility quad. He could outrun me in sand drags for about 100 feet on it.

When he gets older I'm sure we will get some mods on it.

Howard
12-07-2004, 10:30 PM
i ahve a DG pipe on my sons. sounds pretty cool, gave it a lil more i think.