PDA

View Full Version : Saw the O.C.C. crew today.

YAMAHA_Jim
12-03-2004, 06:28 PM
I had to drive to Montgomery,NY today to pick up some stuff for my job. Montgomery is about 30 minutes from me,,anyways,I'm driving down the road daydreaming and I notice a whole fleet of trucks/trailers parked in a gas station outside of Montgomery and a near traffic jam infront of the gas station. As I got closer I noticed the trailers all had the big OCC logo on them. I made a quick turn into the gas station just to be nosy. The rigs were being fueled up and some guys were wiping/cleaning the rigs. I saw Vinnie and Cody and a few non famous OCC guys outside one of the trailers. The back door was open on one of the trailers,it was loaded with some very nice bikes.I didnt want to get in the way so I just beeped the horn and gave them the thumbs up. I've seen thier rigs around before but never all in the same place at once.
2 yrs ago they only had a pick up truck and a 14 foot enclosed trailer.Now they have two huge rigs (50' or bigger) and 3 or 4 smaller rigs.Its great to see some local guys get famous doing what they love to do.

skippy
12-03-2004, 07:26 PM
its amazing what alittle talent and tv can do for ya,., i like their work, but i thk there are alot of equal quality builders out there.. but because of tv.. these guys are now famous!!

azhondagrl
12-03-2004, 07:47 PM
They did a big thing here about a month ago, and it was at a nearby lake where you could get up close to all their famous bikes, and you could meet the guys and stuff. I've never seen so many motorcycles in my life! it was pretty cool! :p

atczack
12-03-2004, 08:14 PM
That's cool man, my best friend and I often joke about opening our own chopper shop and calling it 'Rebel Rides'..lol I like watching the episode's with Mikey, he's frickin' hilarious. I just don't like how Paul show's favoritism toward's Mikey, when it's Pauley and Vinny who do all the work! I know Pauley skate's off sometime's but for the most part he's the man. That guy that paint's all the tank's and fender's and stuff does outstanding work.

Maine_Triker
12-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Cool, I've always thought someone should do what they do with trikes. That would be cool.

YAMAHA_Jim
12-03-2004, 10:33 PM
After typing the post I went to their website. They are hosting a Holiday toy drive at thier retail store in momtgomery tomorrow. http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/events.php#December That explains why they were wiping the rigs down and had all the bikes in the trailer.They will also be raffleing off a bike tomorrow and signing autographs. Well,,,I know where I'll be tomorrow :) checking out some cool bikes and maybe winning one.

ATC crazy
12-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Its great to see some local guys get famous doing what they love to do.

I agree!

If anyone watches TLC (or some other channel like that...) there will be a new chopper show featuring Milwalkie Iron custom motorcycle builders. They are located in Lynchburg, VA...less than an hour from my house.

GreyhoundRugby
12-04-2004, 12:10 AM
They had a small stint on Discovery. Was called souther chopper or something. Wasnt bad, their bikes are more classic than the newer style of OCC I geuss discovery watchers like the modern stuff

MO350X
12-04-2004, 04:35 PM
I sure hope all these custom bike builders are stashing their money away.

Is it me or don't you think the custom bike builder market is SUPER-saturated?
I mean, seriously....how many buyers can there be for 100% custom bikes....much less radical choppers?
Have you any idea how many shops are building them now?
It's staggering.

When the chopper/cruiser bubble bursts, I sure hope they have all stashed away a good part of the wealth they've all experienced with the recent worldwide chopper mania.

I love Harley's to death but don't get me started on the irresponsible, ignorant, excessive, annoying, peace-disturbing, ILLEGAL exhaust systems on them........ :mad:
Any time there's decent weather outside, all those open pipes come out and destroy any semblence of peace and quiet. :mad:

OldSchoolin86
12-04-2004, 07:41 PM
I love Harley's to death but don't get me started on the irresponsible, ignorant, excessive, annoying, peace-disturbing, ILLEGAL exhaust systems on them........ :mad:
Any time there's decent weather outside, all those open pipes come out and destroy any semblence of peace and quiet. :mad:

I love anything with a motor and wheels but Harley's are not high on that list at all. I know their biggest following doesn't care about where the rest of the world is with technology but I just can't ignore it. Even the V-Rod is pokey for it's size. I agree, I hope these custom guys are packin the fortune away. The exaust thing totaly ticks me off too. It makes no sence that you can have a strait piped Harley shaking you windows but if your car is a little too loud or your sound system is too high you get a ticket. The playing field needs to be leveled out one way or the other.

MO350X
12-04-2004, 08:21 PM
The Harley guys can do no wrong.

The moment you bring up the noise issue, all hell breaks loose and they scream, "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES".
What a poor, stupid excuse for noise pollution.
Ask the Goldwing, Valkyrie or rocket bike riders about their riding.
Do THEY need 110db+ exhaust to be "safe" or feel "safe"?
Nope.

Check a Harley owners manual sometime.
If I'm not mistaken, there is a page dedicated to the Federal db limit and, correct me if I'm wrong, that it's unlawful to tamper with the factory exhaust system.
Hmmmm.......

AirManCam
12-05-2004, 09:49 PM
I am one of them bike riders with a loud..VERY loud exhaust,and the same with my snowmobiles and atvs. I respect people that dont like noise, but fortunatly for me, every body around here does the same things as me, and likes to hear the sound a nice crisp loud two stroke sled firing up, or the sound a a bike taching out. I find nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it, then don't do the same to yours. But like I said before, it would be a differnt story if I had neighbors that cared.

OldSchoolin86
12-05-2004, 09:57 PM
I am one of them bike riders with a loud..VERY loud exhaust,and the same with my snowmobiles and atvs. I respect people that dont like noise, but fortunatly for me, every body around here does the same things as me, and likes to hear the sound a nice crisp loud two stroke sled firing up, or the sound a a bike taching out. I find nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it, then don't do the same to yours. But like I said before, it would be a differnt story if I had neighbors that cared.

I like the sound of many loud exhaust, it's the biased law enforcement I don't like.
Let me clear this up before it goes bad. Law enforcement I do like, biased exhuast enforcement I don't like.

MO350X
12-05-2004, 10:53 PM
We ride LOUD bikes, trikes, quads and sleds IN CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENTS!
i.e. off-road parks, on our own property, etc..
Those who are at the parks and our property are of the same interests: fast, loud bikes and sleds.
When I'm out riding my trikes, I LOVE the sound of a healthy 2 stroke or 4 stroke.
But you won't catch me firing mine up in my neighborhood!
I have RESPECT for my neighbors.

What I'm saying is, the noise is then controlled by the surroundings.

Whereas, riding a Harley all over God's country making unbelievable racket is subjecting those who are not even remotely interested in the racket to it.
Wrong? Heck yeah it is!

There's a place for loud exhaust and it's not in the open public.

Keep the Harley racket at the track.
Which (I bet if you read the packaging for that B.S. aftermarket exhaust system that most Harleys have) you'd see that these exhaust systems are probably labeled: "FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY".

What part of that statement doesn't law enforcement or the inconsiderate Harley owner understand?

I think I'll pull the mufflers off my hot rod and see how far I get around town before getting cited for loud exhaust or disturbing the peace.
Yeah, right! :rolleyes:

Ace Mon
12-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Man, this sounds like the time Jimbo dropped 3 hits of acid and saw Satan , only to wake up in the local mental facility with soiled undergarments . LOL . jk JIM , COOL . tHOSE GUYS ROCK . iF ONLY THE WOULD BUILD A FAT-TIRE Jap-chopper .

MO350X
12-10-2004, 07:33 AM
A friend of mine at work is a big street bike nut.

He's had a few mags with features of non-Harley choppers.
They look GOOOOD.
The only oddballs are the shaft drivers.
They just don't look "right".