PDA

View Full Version : Curse you deer hunters!!!

Derrick Adams
12-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Man, it really sucks when deer season hits. These days i'm really uneasy riding during deer season. Seems like more and more people get hit by stray shots every year.

Think i'll stick close to home this weekend.

3 weelin geezer
12-05-2004, 12:59 AM
Just don't piss off some Mong in a tree with an sks, now. Shoot him first.

MIK6
12-05-2004, 10:52 AM
The guys that that ride w/ me have been getting together after dark. I know that I would rather explore and play (in the gravel pits) in the daylight BUT a nice nite ride can be a blast this time of the year.

MIK6 / Mike

AirManCam
12-05-2004, 09:38 PM
I don't see how some people can be so stupid. Me being an avid deer hunter, I hunt with about 8 guys, and sometimes doing drives(to get the deer moving and you have watchers to catch them going by) can get tight, but you have to have your wits about you. For instance, say Bob, Bill,Joe, And I are on drive, and a buck runs in between us, you just don't shoot that way, wait untill its safe to shoot. A deer isnt worth some ones' life. And it just pisses me how people can be idiotic, and give us responsible deer hunters a bad name! Sorry..just needed to vent!!

OldSchoolin86
12-05-2004, 10:00 PM
In all the years I've been riding I've never had a problem staying out of the way of hunters. It's not like we don't get to ride the rest of the year. I say be respectful to hunters and give them their time too.

corndawg
12-05-2004, 11:43 PM
I don't see how some people can be so stupid. Me being an avid deer hunter, I hunt with about 8 guys, and sometimes doing drives(to get the deer moving and you have watchers to catch them going by) can get tight, but you have to have your wits about you. For instance, say Bob, Bill,Joe, And I are on drive, and a buck runs in between us, you just don't shoot that way, wait untill its safe to shoot. A deer isnt worth some ones' life. And it just pisses me how people can be idiotic, and give us responsible deer hunters a bad name! Sorry..just needed to vent!!
isnt that called poaching (sp???)? thats illegal around here

OldSchoolin86
12-05-2004, 11:46 PM
isnt that called poaching (sp???)? thats illegal around hereNo poaching is when you kill with out a permit. He's just talking about a good old fashioned drive. Drives are legal.

84honda 200X
12-05-2004, 11:49 PM
In Minnesota you can only drive a wheeler from like 11:15 to 4:00 and you can go ride all night if you want but its usually freezing up here in International Falls so no one does it.

smokey
12-06-2004, 07:28 PM

Just about the same here exept we have 12 guys and walk

MTS
12-06-2004, 10:05 PM
heh thats not bad, my uncle almost got shot down in his own driveway! he was walking from his shop to his house and a 22. bullet landed between his legs! he lives on a bit of a hill beside a field and he is on the bottem end of it, well his stupid neighbour was shooting gophers in the diretion of his house down hill, and missed a few times, like how stupid can people get, someone could have sirously gotten hurt, and my uncle is a hunter too...actually he just got a new kodiak 450 for hunting....:)

Maine_Triker
12-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Speaking of hunting...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6724&item=4509998259&rd=1

MTS
12-06-2004, 11:09 PM
man that guy is STILL trying to sell that thing......lol iv seen it like 5 times....lmfao

chris200x
12-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Some of you guys are very selfish. Rifled deer season only lasts two weeks out of the entire year here in Pa. Now with that said I dont only hunt but i also own 2 atvs. I say let the hunters have their two weeks and you atvers' can have the other 40. Your really making a big deal out of nothing.

trikerider2oo7
12-11-2004, 10:39 AM
other 50* 52 weeks in a year but i know what you mean. i agree chris

i like that little 3 wheeler its awesome

Dan Tenn
12-13-2004, 12:25 PM
Man, it really sucks when deer season hits. These days i'm really uneasy riding during deer season. Seems like more and more people get hit by stray shots every year.

Think i'll stick close to home this weekend.

I doubt if there strays. If your out riding state land in MN during deer season, you can only ride 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and only to retrieve deer. Night riding is O.K. I wouldnt be suprised to here a shot riding out of the time slot. Deer hunting is serious stuff up here.

trikezilla
12-13-2004, 05:57 PM
no, its not poaching...its a hunting style. Where do u live any how?

trikezilla
12-13-2004, 06:00 PM
my second cousin got hit by a stray bullet while getting in to his truck. it hit him in the head and killed him seconds later :mad: :(