PDA

View Full Version : Another close friend died in Everglades

Mike Fort Laud
12-07-2004, 06:34 PM
On Sunday afternoon I lost another very close friend in the Everglades. My friend Jason was racing a friends airboat and the boat lifted up and got airborne,it threw him from the boat and killed him. He was traveling about 100mph. I met Jason at his house at 8:30 am and rode to the woods with him rode on his airboat all day with him and at about 3:45 he drove a friends boat and the boat flipped. He died there. The hard part for me was calling his wife and parents. He has a 4 year old son and a 7 year old daughter. he was a Fire Fighter in Broward County. It will be a year on the 13th since my friend Chad was stabbed in the Everglades.

200xkwit
12-07-2004, 06:41 PM
that really sucks man. i hope this isnt sum kind of pattern for you. my condolences!

Billy Golightly
12-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Man Mike, I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't believe all this stuff is going on out there now. Just 10 years ago when I lived off the loop I never heard of ANY of this going on. An occasional story of someone going out on the airboat and getting drunk and lost :p but that was about it.

atczack
12-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Very sorry to hear that. Like HondaATC said, I grew up in Homestead and went riding in the Everglade's frequently when I was young, we never had problem's like this back then though. You handled the situation like a man though. Do you think we can put together a little fundraiser for the family? Just say where to send it and I will. You should post a thread, I would but it's not my place to. Think abaout it.

trikerider2oo7
12-07-2004, 09:13 PM
sorry to hear about you friend mike. condolences to you and his friends and family

Ace Mon
12-08-2004, 11:12 AM
I know just over a year ago you yourself were stabbed and lost a friend . Now something like this happens . Crap Bro , I want to say something enlightening , but the words elude me . God IS out there . Believe that ! More than likely you are asking yourself "Yeah Ace , where was God when Jason got flipped ?" Its my belief god is like our parents . When we fell as children our parents picked us up and stood us on our feet . But our choice to take those steps were entirely our own . Its a shame . I feel sad for his wife and children . You seem like a square guy and I think you spend time with people of the same nature . My prayers go out to Jay's family and friends . It is truly a sad day in Florida . Ace.

Jeb
12-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Mike, so sorry to hear this!

You, him, and his family and friends are in our prayers.