PDA

View Full Version : No other Damageplan members killed - here's the PROOF

BIGRED_87
12-10-2004, 12:00 PM
just wanted to let everybody know that there's an auction on ebay for today's (december 10th's) newspaper from columbus ohio where the shooting took place. this nut is asking $100,000.00 for it!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=85990&item=3859591164&rd=1

anyway, that's not my point. my point is that if you look close enough on the pictures that the guy has posted, you can clearly see that dimebag was the only one from the band that was killed. you can't quite read the names of the people, but NONE of them look anything like Vinnie, Pat Lachman, or Bob Zilla. so this confirms that NO OTHER BAND MEMBERS WERE KILLED.

Mobular
12-10-2004, 01:19 PM
No other band members may not have been killed, but there are at least 2 more unidentified people in hospital grievously wounded....
Any or all may be band members....

CHAINSAW
12-10-2004, 02:50 PM
No other band members were shot, killed or bruised. The shooter did take Vinny as a hostage, and put him in a headlock, but when he raised his weapon towards Vince, thats when the cop shot the gunman. Everyone is now identified. The head of security was killed, and Vinny's drum tech was shot, but will survive.
They keep saying in all the news, they havent found a motive yet. There was a motive, they just havent released that info yet. When dude walked up to Dime and started shooting he yelled - you are the reason Pantera broke up.
All this info isnt something I read in a chat room. It came straight from the mouth of Bobzilla, the damageplan bass player. XM radio metal channel, xmlm got him on the radio yesterday. So you can defunk the rest of the rumors you may have heard, because this info is coming from a guy that was standing 3 feet away from Dime on stage.

Billy Golightly
12-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Chain I heard the same thing on the morning Rock news that I listen to...how sad.

Mobular
12-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Damageplan has issued a statement:
More info here: http://www.metaleater.com/news.html

DAMAGEPLAN Issue Statements
- December 10, 2004

As has been widely reported in the media, Elektra/Atlantic recording group DAMAGEPLAN suffered a horrible tragedy at their show in Columbus, Ohio on Wednesday night (December 8).

Guitarist Dimebag Darrell was shot and killed, as was the band's head of security, Jeffrey "Mayhem" Thompson, an employee of the club, Erin Halk, and a member of the audience, Nathan Bray. Chris Paluska, a member of the band's management team who was serving as tour manager, was shot and is in critical but stable condition. John "Kat" Brooks, the band's drum tech, was also shot and is being released from the hospital today.

The surviving members of DAMAGEPLAN have issued these statements:

"With all his greatness and accomplishments on the guitar, Dime will be missed more for his giving personality, charisma, caring for others, love and most of all his HEART!! Twice as big as the state of TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!! Dime gave it all every day to each and every one of us and our lives have forever been hollowed without him...Thanks to all of you for reaching out to us in this time of our immeasurable loss. REST IN PEACE BROTHER DIME!!!!!!"

"Jeffrey 'Mayhem' Thompson was not just a true part of the DAMAGEPLAN family, but part of the whole Dallas music scene. He was friend to all, with a great personality. He bent over backward to help us all with his trademark phrases like 'What can I do for you sir?' and 'Coming up!' He also stated his willingness to protect us, saying 'I'd take a bullet for ya,' and unfortunately did in defense of our lives. He truly lived and died for his friends and made the ultimate sacrifice, giving his life to save ours. For this we will never forget. You will be missed big man."

News source: www.bravewords.com

DIMEBAG DARRELL - More Words From Metal Community
- December 10, 2004

More members of the metal community have checked in with tributes to the late DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:

VENOM - "We are all in shock at the very sad news of the shooting at the DAMAGEPLAN concert, this news has left everyone feeling numb, all of VENOM offer their sympathy to the families of the deceased & injured." Cronos commented: "I'm devastated by this news, DAMAGEPLAN are all good mates, I've known Dimebag since the early days of PANTERA, he was such a great bloke, words can't describe how sad I feel."

DESTRUCTION - "Only the god die young. Your music will live on in the heads and hearts of the metal community! R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell."

IN FLAMES - "Our deepest thoughts and sympathies goes out to friends and families of the victims in the terrible tragedy in Ohio. // In Flames"

BARRY SPARKS - "We had a great show last night in Spokane, but unfortunately the happy mood of the night changed just as we were getting ready to leave. We heard the tragic news about "Dimebag" Darrell and the other victims of the shooting in Columbus Ohio. I still find it hard to believe someone could be this deranged and evil or just plain stupid?? Our thoughts and prayers go out to the band, friends and family members. God bless you Dimebag Darrell. Barry."

News source: www.bravewords.com

Mobular
12-10-2004, 08:40 PM
9-1-1 transcript...it's a small comfort to know that the murderous piece of filth recieved a face full of 12 guage...
Courtesy of www.bravewords.com

10 NBC (www.nbc10.com) has issued the following report:

There is new insight Friday into a deadly nightclub shooting in Ohio that resulted in the death of PANTERA founder “Dimebag” Darryl Abbott and three other people.

Dozens of 9-11 calls were made within seconds of the first shooting.

In tapes released by officials in Columbus, Ohio, panicked bar patrons can be heard begging for help.

"This is the Alarosa (nightclub), we have a shooting inside somebody came inside with a gun and started shooting people," said one caller.

The heavy metal band DAMAGEPLAN, featuring Abbott, was playing less than a minute when gunman Nathan Gale joined them on stage.

"We heard at least three gunshots he's on stage right now he's got a gun. We heard at least three gunshots," said another caller.

"Now there's two people shot?" asked a 9-11 operator. The caller said, "yes."

When the first bullets hit the lead guitarist, most fans thought it was part of the act.

Then they realized it was horribly real...

Caller: "all I know his name is Dimebag Darryl."

Caller: "He's got a gun to somebody's head. We need to get out."

911: "Ma'am get out of the building."

Caller: "I can't, I can't."

911: "Get down get down on the ground okay? Get out of the line of fire okay"

Caller: "I'm out - I'm out of the building."

As patrons scattered, caller Brian Kriziki spotted a police officer armed with a 12 gauge shotgun..

Caller: "I think the cops got inside . No 'I'm not sure (gunfire) holy ********. Oh my god."

911 - "What, ok."

Caller "They just shot him. I think they got him."

Gale, 25, killed four people, took a hostage and had that person in a headlock before he was shot and killed by a Columbus police officer.

Some witnesses claim Gale was yelling something about Abbott breaking up the band.

Abbott, 38, died of multiple gunshot wounds to the head, according to the Franklin County coroner's office.

Three other people inside the club were shot and killed. Police said they identified one of the shooting victims as Nathan Bray, 23, of Grove City, who was in the audience. Erin Halk, 29, also died. He was working at the Damageplan concert at Alrosa Villa. Jeff Thompson, 40, from Texas, was later identified as the fifth shooting victim.

Two employees of the band remained hospitalized on Friday. Chris Paluska, Damageplan's road manager, was in serious condition at Riverside Methodist Hospital. He was shot in the chest. John Brooks was shot in the leg and was in good condition.

Police said Officer James Niggemeyer, a five-year veteran of the force, was the first on the scene within two minutes of the first call. He went inside and shot Gale, who at that point had the hostage.

honda200
12-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Rock In Peace buddy

Tonight, i play guitar for you

Curtis

Mobular
12-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Possibly the most accurate eyewitness crew account of the slayings:

http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~alfieii/pantera/roadie.html

Being a huge Kiss fan, Dime was buried in a genuine Kiss Kasket:
http://www.kissonline.com/kasket/body.html