12-14-2004, 11:06 AM
http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/iraq1.jpg
http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/iraq2.jpg
http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/iraq3.jpg
http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/iraq4.jpg
http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/iraq5.jpg

Pistonhead
12-14-2004, 11:10 AM
Alright thats what we need to see! We shouldn't have to read soldier of fortune to get the real story.

bigredhead
12-14-2004, 12:06 PM
photoshopped...

Billy Golightly
12-14-2004, 12:32 PM
photoshopped...

Right, let me see you edit in those light rays, the color over the wrinkled up paper, the wrinkles in the packaging from a hand gripping it. Go right ahead. :rolleyes:

Dammit!
12-14-2004, 01:17 PM
http://members.cox.net/rebuilt250r/iraq5a.jpg

Quickonstep
12-14-2004, 02:23 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

here is a perfect example of how powerful photoshop really is.

http://zephid.mag.attis.at/picx/shopgirl.jpg

Dammit!
12-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Good lord. Whoever did that has some serious skill. I've pulled off a few impressive images in photoshop before but nothing like that.

OldSchoolin86
12-14-2004, 05:06 PM
photoshopped...
Jeez, we get some real decent pics from over there and the thread turns into a photoshop discusion. :rolleyes:

Dammit!
12-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Actually the one I was playing with does look a little suspect when you enlarge it. The writing appears to go right over the crease in the sign instead of following it. The others look legit but, it begs the question, did those people make those signs? I find it hard to believe they can even speak english, let alone write it that well.

I don't doubt the sentiment and the expressions on the children's faces says more to me than the signs anyway but, the signs themselves smell like propaganda that was handed out to them more so than anything they might have written on their own.

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Oh shush up and enjoy it, I doubt someone photoshopped them, are you really against your own country so much that you can't believe a few pictures of our troops making the iraqi's (sp?) happy? It made me smile.

Edit - forgot to mention, your photoshop of the original looks like crap. Not even remotely passable as real (besides the fact of what it says).

Also,, English is taught in most countrys, I forget the name of what its called, universal language?, standard language?, either way, its taught in most places, sort of like spanish is required here.... I'm sure Tim can tell you what i'm trying to say.. He's smart on all this.

atczack
12-14-2004, 07:53 PM
Hey man, you got the # for that second girl?!

Dammit!
12-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Actually I did enjoy it. Perhaps you should re-read my posts. You're making a hell of an assumption and I actually take offense to you suggesting I am against my own country. I have been a supporter of our efforts in Iraq throughout the entire ordeal and strongly believe in what we're doing there.

I know my photoshop looks like crap. It took all of five minutes to do and was intended merely as a joke. The kid reminded me of this thing: :TrikesOwn

As for english being taught in most countries, this is true. However, I doubt Iraq is one of them. Their educational system under Saddam was a freakin' joke. I'd be amazed if the lady holding up those signs actually wrote that. As I stated previously, "I don't doubt the sentiment and the expressions on the children's faces says more to me than the signs anyway". Apparently you missed that part.

As for that one sign looking kind of suspicious, look for yourself.

http://members.cox.net/rebuilt250r/iraqsign.jpg

Note the white outline around some of the letters where they cross the dark crease. That doesn't mean it's fake, however. It could be nothing more than a jpeg artifact but, those are the kind of inconsistencies that generally tip off a fake. Seems like a silly thing to fake. Far more likely is these signs were being handed out. You won't convince me the people pictured made them. Regardless I think they do reflect the sentiment of many Iraqi's but I still call BS on that aspect of the images.

smokeyhonda
12-14-2004, 09:51 PM
I heard the thumbs up was like flipping the bird for Iraqis.

smokinwrench
12-14-2004, 10:10 PM
As far as I'm concerned you people have turned this good thread into another crappy post whore ruin a thread topic.

I want to say a special thanks to: bigredhead, Dammit, Quickonstep, for totally hijacking this thread, you have turned a good picture thread of some true war time photos into your own little trashing grounds.

bigredhead
12-14-2004, 10:56 PM
I posted 1 word without explaining myself. Don't overreact for the love of god ! :D

For a crowd of ATC'ers you all sure take things seriously all the time .... :cry:

I"m sure those people are happy in the presense of the troops and all, but that's even besides the point.

I apologize for putting this thread in the wrong direction !

Sorry. :beer

threewheelin-feelin
12-14-2004, 11:48 PM
http://members.cox.net/rebuilt250r/iraq5a.jpg

ROTFLMFAO HAHAHAHAH! :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn

RideRed250R
12-15-2004, 12:09 AM
well personally its a touchy subject i had my youth paster die over there in that heck hole and u want to know that he left a wife of 3 monthes behind he got called up for duty the 3rd day into the honeymoon and was shipped out the day after he got back. and he died by a road side bomb. about 10 minutes after a photo like the first one. so i dont rag on u but be careful its touchy subject
adam

Dammit!
12-15-2004, 12:21 AM
As far as I'm concerned you people have turned this good thread into another crappy post whore ruin a thread topic.

I want to say a special thanks to: bigredhead, Dammit, Quickonstep, for totally hijacking this thread, you have turned a good picture thread of some true war time photos into your own little trashing grounds.

Hijacking was not intentional. I just thought you guys might get a laugh out of the picture. Apologies to anyone I managed to offend.

TimSr
12-15-2004, 10:45 AM
I can't verify the content of the signs in these photos. I posted this thread to prove something. Its in the eye of the beholder. If you wish to view these pictures and see good, you will see it. If you wish to see evil, you will see it. There is plenty of both good and evil happening in Iraq right now. What is a disgrace is that our major media has decided that you should only see pictures that depict evil, which is why the picture painted by returning soldiers is so much different than the one being painted by CBS news. We have to decide if the good being accomplished outweighs the evil, and I guess if we have already made that decision based on the number of photos we've seen on CNN depicting evil weighed against the number of photos they will show depicting good, then we can also find evil in a photo of smiling soldiers handing out school supplies to smiling children, and find controversy worth arguing about in it. Is Iraq being detroyed or is Iraq being rebuilt? Are our soldiers killing poeple, or are they saving people, or are they saving people by killing poeple? What is the number if lives that must be saved that justifies the loss of an American or Brit's life? If there were no war, how many lives would have been taken by the Hussein regime in a typical year? Who are those destroying Iraq, and who are those rebuilding it? What do both parties hope to gain by destroying it or by rebuilding it? Who has made the most progress? Who is a more reliable source of information, and is more credible in giving an accurate portrayal of actual conditions in Iraq - "peace" activists, your favorite news channel, or returning soldiers, and soldiers who are there? Sure, soldiers MIGHT lie, but we KNOW Dan Rather will lie, and most "peace" activists couldn't tell you the name of John Kerry's running mate or name the vice president. If you can only see good in Iraq, you are naive, but if you can only see evil in Iraq, I am curious about your outlook on life in general, and how sad it must be.

3 weelin geezer
01-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Ok, I will say...um .... thats one fine piece of fried chicken you have there! Myeh heh heh heh.

84250r
01-02-2005, 02:31 AM
HAHAAH all that girl needed was a 1/2 gal of makeup,come on now.

All jokes aside, I'm glad to see those pics. Go USA! :w00t:

AirDonk
01-02-2005, 03:40 AM
I agree 100% with TimSr's last post. The image that were shown here a couple of months ago was the movie of the US Marine shooting a suposidly innocent man with a wite flag in Mosel, innocent or not that man was in a rebel strong hold, an innocent man doesnt just find himself in that situation. The real animals are the ones capturing civilians and beheading them. If anyone one has seen one of those movies, you will see the savagery in which these animals do it :mad: . I nearly threw up all the food i ate in the last 6 months ( iam not a redneck either, i dont get off watching stuff like that. My mate said i had to watch something and wouldnt tell me what it was, so i did, i didnt know it would actually show the whole thing) Discusting.

However the problem with the situation in Iraq is that it can never well and truely be resolved. And i am not one of those who compare the situation in Iraq with Vietnam. The problem with Iraq (and most of the other countries over there) is that they are not real countries, what i mean by that is that those counties were drawn up after the Ottoman Empire disbanded at the end of WW1 (most probably by western nations under the League of Nations). So they are really just artificial boundaries, they dont really represent the type of people and their religious beliefs that are in those countries.

I personally believe that America and Britain should concerntrate more on sitting down with religious leaders and possibly dividing the country up into states that represent the people within it, rather that uniting it. Religion is the dominating force in Iraq and no matter what, there is going to be a group of people in Iraq that will hate the Prime Minister (when it happens) and will provoke instability. Something similar, but not the same, happened in Iran 20 or 30 years ago. Call my outlook on the whole situation sad but its not a bad thing to disband a nation, it happened to Yugoslavia, that country is no more.

I am not slandering the efforts in Iraq (my country, Australia, has troops over there too) but i feel that we are going about the whole democrotisation (if that even a word) of Iraq all wrong.

I think its good to see photos like the ones previously posted and a pleasant change, no matter who actually wrote the signs, it most probably reflects there feeling towards the USA.

And if photoshop can make that girl look good, maybe i should consider editing all the photos of myself!!!

Just my 2 cents guys, probably not apropriate.

Sorry also for any spelling mistakes and if it didnt make any sense, heaps tired

twgranger
01-02-2005, 10:18 AM
them are some nice pics