PDA

View Full Version : shipping truck tires....

MassTrike
12-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Im curious as to how much you think it would be to ship 5 36inch truck tires from MA to NC, and how would i go about doing it. ive never shipped somthing this big before

ClayW
12-20-2004, 11:31 AM
It depends on where you ship it from. If you know someone that has a UPS account, that would be best. I shipped 5 Ford powerstroke disiel (spelling) tires off a 2000 Ford from GA to LA for $38. Buddys shop had a account so he got a 20% discount. Any way. All you have to do, is make up your labels for each tire. (cheaper to ship individually). Then cut out a piece of card board about as wide as the tread, and big enough to put a lable on it. Put it on the tread, then wrap tape around it, and thru the tires inside. Know what I mean. Over the tread then thru the tire then over the thread. The label will be good and secure. Wont go anywhere. I worked for UPS in College. I threw many a tire that was packaged/labeled that way. I would say $10 to $15 max a tire. I shipped 2 big red tires a while back for $14. Its not that expensive. Some people just try to rape you. Hope this helps :beer

Howard
12-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Fed Ex ground is also real cheap on that, do lke clay said just put one sign on each tire and ship it that way.

PowerTrike
12-22-2004, 10:43 PM
I had a set of 4 Hoosier 31x10.5x15s Shipped from Colorado to me in MN recently. The cost was $140 UPS. The guy had boxes made to fit the tires perfectly.