PDA

View Full Version : Mini disc player..HELP

jakey
12-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Hey guys I am on the verge of purchasing a MP3 player and have no clue as to what to look for and whats good. I want to spend about a hundred bucks or so. Well anyways, i just saw these things called mini disc players. How do these work? How do you write onto them? Do you need special hardware? Tell me everything about em cause i am seriously illiterate when it comes to stuff like this.

TrikerR
12-22-2004, 05:34 AM
i own a sony minidisc player and they are pretty good. what they are a smaller version of floppy disc in looks but they use the same principal. to get your music onto the disc, all you need is included USB cord and music program...its pretty much the same as burning a cd. with my model, which isnt very new i can store approx 90 songs per disc. with the newer format HIMD you can store nearly double that. also they completely anti skip and the disk cannot be scratched as its enclosed.

bigredhead
12-22-2004, 12:26 PM
I like them.. had one a few years ago.. ended up not using it much ( too lazy to transfer music to it.. )

I used it mostly to hook up a mic to it and record concerts and live shows.. that was neat.

Memory cards on conventional MP3 players are getting cheap now a days, but compare the price of blank disks to memory cards and determine upon your needs.

jakey
12-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Well my mom just gave me a Coby mp3 player with 256mb of memory in it with a slot for memory cards. So I guess I will just keep that. But I tried to download the software and then put some songs on it and it wont work....grr i can't figure these stupid things out. It says device not ready. Or something like that. I'm lost haha

jakey
12-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Screw it i am taking this thing back...i can't get the software to work. So you dont need a special writer for a mini disc player?

bigredhead
12-22-2004, 03:28 PM
It will be similar.

When you plug it in, ( install the software first usually ) and go into " Windows Explorer " you should see the different drives ex: A ( flopy drive ) C= hard drive D = CD-Rom and you will have one for the MP3 Player..

You should be able to copy/paste your MP3's to that drive and onto the memory card and whamo...

there are different versions and types out there.. but usually not that complicated.

MTS
12-22-2004, 03:44 PM
hah, i just have a disc mp3 player, like regular sized cd player but it holds 700mb of songs, works for me :p

jakey
12-22-2004, 06:09 PM
oh that coby was seriously complicated, so im gonna go pick up a mini disc player...its more songs for the money too

3 weelin geezer
12-23-2004, 01:52 AM
I wouldn't recommend an I-jam player because it didn't work for me. It would turn on but not play anything. The guy told me it was because of the id tag had to be removed but it still didn't work. I gave it to my mom to use as a little radio (that part worked).