PDA

View Full Version : My Picks for the SuperBowl

Maine_Triker
12-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Ok guys, here's my estimate on who makes it to the Superbowl.

AFC

After the Patriots poor performance on Monday against the Dollfins, I have to say that they will not get homefield advantage in the playoffs. If they don't have homefield advantage, they will not make it to the Superbowl, unless they can step up their game a little bit. :(

Pittsburg is my pick for the representitives of the AFC in the Superbowl, unless they loss their outstanding quarter-back, BIG BEN.

I think that Indy will make it to the AFC tittle game, but will not be able to stop the Steelers.

NFC

Philly, without Terell Owens, is in basicly the same condition as last year. Some reports say he will be back for the Superbowl, but hey, they got to get to the Superbowl first!

Atlanta will, I think, get to the superbowl, either facing the Packers or the Eagles in the NFC championship game.

Anyone else have superbowl picks?

trikerider2oo7
12-22-2004, 10:31 PM
my picks are the same as yours...pittsburg vs atlanta

ScottZJ
12-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Steelers and Colts and well everyone knows the Steelers will be on top! By 18 points. :w00t:

250rsteve
12-23-2004, 12:52 AM
AFC is too close to call, could be colts, pats, or steelers depending on whose day it is. NFC definitely eagles if TO is even 60% and can play in the nfc championship game. Super Bowl winner will come from the AFC whoever goes. I will be waiting till next year for the mighty TIITANS to return to their winning ways and go 16-0 and win the super bowl : ) !!!!!!!!!!!

Rod
12-23-2004, 02:18 AM
In the afc I say the steelers for sure!!!!! :beer
In the nfc it's hard to say but I think the eagles will stay on top.

Steelers will win it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOS_350X
12-23-2004, 02:31 AM
Without TO Eagles wont go anywhere. Atlanta will crumble under pressure. Bret & The Packers will pull off extrodinary 4th quarter wins all the way to the superbowl and in the superbowl bring it to a tie in the last 2 minutes.

On the other side the Stealers are unstopable. Until the Packers come.

chris200x
12-23-2004, 02:32 AM
what makes you guys think that TO is the only player on that team. i think if they keep mcnabb and westbrook healthy uh, and there offensive line in good shape they will be fine. they have also toughen up ther d wih the freak and trotter. I still think they have a better chance this year than the past 3 years. Being an eagles fan for the past 25 or so years I still must stick with the birds. My prediction for the superbowl is steelers vs. eagles. McNabb is definitly gonna have to use his legs alot more to scramble out of the pocket, seems to me that is when he is at his best

md1985250r
12-23-2004, 12:35 PM
the steelers are almost finished(plexico is out for another game and big ben is getting tired)..they cannot continue to win. the eagles also are done...to is out for the rest of the year(good thing i wasnt the surgeon in baltimore who cut him open)..the ravens could be the surprise if they can get in the playoffs..also watch out for jacksonville.
GREENBAY will win the nfc ,but lose to the AFC (no matter who it is) in the superbowl...

atctim
12-23-2004, 01:00 PM
The Steelers have had a hurt team all year and still continue to win. To say they are almost done is the biggest load of crap I've heard this century....they are thriving on it. The deepth of the Pittsburgh Steelers is Awesome. Pittsburgh all the way. And for those who don't know it's spelled "Pittsburgh" Not Pittsburg.

Preddy05
12-23-2004, 03:06 PM
ok heres my two picks

AFC- Colts - Have a great offence and are very hard to stop and PIT isn't playin as good as they have been.

NFC- Atlanta - Vick is gonna step up his game and get them their

two great teams but in the end im gonna have to say colts are gonna win.

Even though i would like to see denver go to the superbowl and win. :w00t:

-Mike-

TexFest
12-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Colts vs Eagles

blackwatch1989
12-23-2004, 06:01 PM
If the packers play good, which is usally 1 in 4 games , they can beat anybody in the NFC , but there not consistant enough to go through all of the playoffs. I would say Pat's because there still damn good , just wernt paying attention and miami had nothing to play for , but when you give somebody a chance to hurt another team not phyiscally then there play there hearts out.

broook
12-23-2004, 09:20 PM
If the packers play good, which is usally 1 in 4 games , they can beat anybody in the NFC , I would say Pat's because they are still damn good ,miami had nothing to play for ,

My thoughts exactly. :Bounce Go Pats.

TrikerR
12-23-2004, 10:24 PM
well my picks are...mighty ducks vs L.A lakers.

Maine_Triker
12-23-2004, 11:24 PM
well my picks are...mighty ducks vs L.A lakers.

??????????????? Wrong sport, wait, what??? HAHAHAHA

Howdy
12-26-2004, 05:27 PM
How about them Colts??? Yea, Hawww!!! The Chargers fell apart in the final minutes. I love it!!

Congrats to Peyton, your in the history books now. 49 Touch downs in 1 season. A new record!!
Howdy

trikeman
12-26-2004, 07:18 PM
For the Nfc it WILL be the eagles, Enough about the whole Eagles chances are totally over, completely scratch them out of the equation.... That is a bunch of BS. I'm sorry but even without TO the Eagles are still a better team than basically everybody in the nfc. If the falcons, the eagles top contendor, were to lose Vick they would be hurting MUCH more than the Eagles losing TO, because Philly has more weapons, MCNabb, westbrook... and the Eagles defense has given up the least amount of points in the league, also another small variable is that they have homefield advantage throughout too.

J.D.
12-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Don't forget about the Panthers guys! One more game and we're in the playoffs!

blackwatch1989
12-26-2004, 11:15 PM
The eagles ARNT that good. Look at there division and all of the NFC teams they played. MCNABB ISNT THAT good , the media just wants to see a black quarterback succeed which is true. Hes good but not any were on Favre's , Young , Montana , Manning , Elway status. Eagles may goto the superbowl but they wont win.

trikeman
12-27-2004, 05:19 PM
I really dont see how you can GUARANTEE that the eagles WILL NOT win. And the thing about the media wanting a i dont see how you got that, is that an insider secret? Brett favre isnt all that good, when ever there is any pressure on him he is notorious for throwing it up for grabs. By the way who is your team?

OldSchoolin86
12-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Brett favre isnt all that good, when ever there is any pressure on him he is notorious for throwing it up for grabs

Are you serious? Do you watch football? The guy plays worse when there is no pressure. He's the 4th quarter king. He only tries when the pressure is on. Sadly I'm a Bears fan but I know that had to be one of the all time worst football statements I've ever heard.

trikeman
12-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Yes I do watch football, and if you have watched him lately you would see how a majority of times when being pressured he can choke. I realize he was very good a few years ago, but it's now that matters and when it comes down to having alot of pressure on him he does indeed throw the ball up for grabs, instead of getting sacked.

Tri-ZNate
12-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Are you serious? Do you watch football? The guy plays worse when there is no pressure. He's the 4th quarter king. He only tries when the pressure is on. Sadly I'm a Bears fan but I know that had to be one of the all time worst football statements I've ever heard.

And also did you watch the Vikings game on Friday? It was probably his best game ever. With 1:08 on the clock he drove the ball down and enabled them to kick a field goal for the win. That was after he threw several touchdowns.
If you want to check the stats there at http://www.packers.com/images/gamebooks/041224gamebook.pdf
I dont believe he threw any up for grabs either.

My picks- It would be a Pennsylvannia superbowl but after the Eagles lost T.O. I have to say Pittsburg v.s. Packers if Atlanta doesnt play good.

cliff2302
12-30-2004, 07:21 PM
to steal a saying, Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Bills. They could be a suprise if they make the playoffs. Thats a big "if" though.

Rod
12-30-2004, 11:39 PM
I would be lying if I didn't say that the bills scare me a little. My steelers have them this weekend & they are playing pretty good. I hope that it's on tv here. We don't get many east coast games on here but lets hope.

1985 200s
01-09-2005, 01:25 AM
How bout dem JETS !!!!!!! :Bounce