PDA

View Full Version : Worst E-mail I've ever gotten

SPD FRK
12-27-2004, 07:08 PM
I woke up this morning and checked my mail. Only had one new message. It was from back home. Saint John, New Brunswick. From a friend who was storing my trikes and who I cant get ahold of on the phone right now.
The subject line broke my heart. "Its been stolen"
I bought it from him to help with his bills and haven't been able to get back there for a couple years now so I've never seen it while I owned it. I rode it alot while he owned it though.
Some details, 86 250R ATC. Faded plastic where my knees would grab the tank. It had a white seat that used to be a curtain. (It was a rubber backed curtain that I thought might repel water. I was wrong.) There is also a piece of the foam missing under that. Right about where you would put your knee to kick it over.
It had a bald and leaky front tire. It had two plugs in the right ( I believe) rear tire. Something was missing to hold the seat and fenders on so they stayed on but were very loose. No toolbox. No brake light. One rim was warped and caused alot of wobble at speed. Small crack in one of the radiator shrouds at a screw hole. Not sure which side now. It should have either a wrench and a spare plug in the airbox or just the wrench.
If you have any information about this trike please call your local police and then let me know here.
Oh and by the way, Merry Christmas. :cry:

trikerider2oo7
12-27-2004, 08:34 PM
sorry to hear that...hope you get it back.

bigredhead
12-29-2004, 12:18 PM
St john is about an hour from me. ( i'm in Moncton ) if i ever see anything similar.. i'll be sure to let you know ! Not too many R's around here.. so they stick out when ever.

sorry to hear that dude !

Friend with bill problems ?????? would he be a suspect?

Wickedfinger
12-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Man, please don't take this the wrong way - I mean no harm by it - but I have to say what I'm thinking. Its been said before but - Since hes hard up for money, maybe he sold it out from under you?. Despirate times call for despirate measures. Anyway, I hope thats not the case.

twgranger
12-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Man, please don't take this the wrong way - I mean no harm by it - but I have to say what I'm thinking. Its been said before but - Since hes hard up for money, maybe he sold it out from under you?. Despirate times call for despirate measures. Anyway, I hope thats not the case.
I was thinking the same thing.

smokinp
12-29-2004, 04:27 PM
man that sucks!Ive had my old 125M stolen and my bros warrior :eek: (we got the warrior back though ;) I wish you the best of luck...

84honda 200X
12-30-2004, 02:14 AM
So have you found it?? Or any leads?

SPD FRK
12-30-2004, 03:35 AM
Nothing new guys. Thanks for the well wishes and support.
I have made a few calls to certain agencies and people. I hate sitting here relying on others.
Until I have more info I cant rule anyone out.
I'm trying to get pics of it. It was in rough shape but you know hondas.
The part that gets my goat is, I never even laid eyes on it while it was mine. I was the main pilot though while it wasn't.
I appreciate the empathy from everyone.
I've wanted a trike since I was 14 when I rode a 125M for the first time. It was lust in the dust and I wanted one of my own since. I was 29 before I rode again and that was this 250R.
Regardless if I ever see that R again. It wont be my last. Luckily that thrill can be bought.