PDA

View Full Version : air stryker carb

TrikerR
12-27-2004, 11:07 PM
i just saw this pic of a 38mm air styker carb on a trx250r engine and was wondering what all those little red hoses are for and where do they go.

Dammit!
12-27-2004, 11:25 PM
I've never had one but I THINK it's got a dial-a-jet kit on it.

Mr. Sandman
12-28-2004, 12:10 PM
They're just vent/overflow tubes that run down through the frame. There's no Dial-a-Jet on it though.

a-camp
12-28-2004, 12:14 PM
The one looped up over the top does not look like a vent.

Mr. Sandman
12-28-2004, 12:16 PM
I've got an Air Stryker on my R. They're all vent tubes,

Dammit!
12-28-2004, 12:46 PM
That's interesting. Why do they need so many vent tubes? I know nothing about this brand of carb but something must be different about them if they need something like that. Could you even put a dial-a-jet on one? With the extra hoses that would add the thing might to start looking like a Reggae guitar player but still.

Quickonstep
12-28-2004, 12:59 PM
dread lock masta!

Mr. Sandman
12-28-2004, 01:06 PM
I can't answer that, I just know the PWK 38 (air stryker) works a lot better than the PJ 38mm I had. The carb itself is made by Keihin, the same brand as what's on your R, just a newer design.

As for the dial-a-jet, everything (reviews) I've read about them says they're the greatest and they do make one for the R, but I'd like to hear an un-biased opinion from an end user, not a magazine trying to sell subscriptions.

Dammit!
12-28-2004, 04:13 PM
As for the dial-a-jet, everything (reviews) I've read about them says they're the greatest and they do make one for the R, but I'd like to hear an un-biased opinion from an end user, not a magazine trying to sell subscriptions.

Same here. If they really do everything they claim it would be well worth what they cost. If it weren't for drilling the hole in the carb I would have done it already.

Mr. Sandman
12-28-2004, 06:57 PM
I'll stick to jetting the old fashioned way, plug chops and main jets. Besides, once it's dialed in you shouldn't need to change it much unless you ride in multiple places at different altitudes and in varying temps.