PDA

View Full Version : H and T Warmers, good bad otherwise??

honda200
12-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Well, since i am not allowed to sell the warrior now to buy a 3 wheeler, or dirt bike, i am stuck with it, dont worry, that only means more mods now :w00t: :w00t:

Anyways, in the spring and fall, it gets pretty chilly riding and i want to install hand and thumb warmers, but not quite sure if I should, just for stupid reasons, like:

1) its a sport quad, why the heck am i being a wimp and putting H and T warmers on?

2) not quite sure if i am capable of even getting them for my quad (1987 Warrior, see Quad Central under pics of my Warrior and bros DS650 for pics)

3) personal apperance

Now, I just got brand new MSR Handle bars for the Warrior, and will be installing them tonight, I also have the hand guards (plastic ones) that block the wind a little bit, but not much

So, what are your thoughts??

Curtis

honda200
12-28-2004, 10:00 PM
well, i decided that i will not be putting the warmers on until next winter, die to lack of funds (i am gettin other stuff for it, LOL)

Curtis

bigredhead
12-29-2004, 11:39 AM
they are universal.. your machine needs to be of the " have a battery " type. does the warrior have a battery?

I'm puttin a set on my 85 SX in a few weeks, but consider hand covers... kinda like huge mitts that fit over the bars/brake levers/ throttle etc.... and they do an awsome job of keeping the wind away and the heat from your hands keeps things comfy ! But looks a bit uhmm... gir.... uhm.. weird.....

PowerTrike
12-30-2004, 07:48 PM
Yes a Warrior has a battery. Handwarmers would work fine on it. You can even buy ones that stick under your existing grips. I don't think anyone would even notice unless they looked close. An add on thumbwarmer would probably be more noticeable. I've added on on my sled and really liked it. Warm hands are nice. I've got minor frostbite ATCing and damn it hurts...

Do it.