PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought anything from ATCPHIL

BLAZERONE22
12-15-2004, 11:38 AM
I was curious if anyone has bought anything from ATCPHIL, seems like a nice guy. but to many red lights. He offered to sell me a banshee for a grand shipped to my door.

atcphil
12-15-2004, 12:14 PM
before everyone starts shouting SCAM SCAM SCAM, im not!

this is a legit deal, reason so cheap is because i got given it for a garage extension as the person couldnt pay up the amount because of a financial problems so i took that as payment, and its christmas so would like it sold!

Also again before people moan, IT WILL COST MORE THAN THAT TO SHIP IT

im shipping it through my works (CALOR GAS) so i dont pay anything.

ive dealt with TIM - got trikefest dvds of him
DADS, i got bearings of him
and few other people have purchased of me.

BLAZERONE22
12-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Phil don't get uptight, I just want to get some feedback on you. I'll be kicking myself if you could have that shee shipped here for a grand.Are you ATVWarrior over on the other board? You guys have the same email addy.

atcphil
12-15-2004, 12:21 PM
well couldnt we have just talked private about this, you could have rang me and spoke with me?

im getting uptight a bit as it looks bad on me, its people then accusing me on the board

theres bad guys out there and im not one of them

bigredhead
12-15-2004, 12:29 PM
1000 $.. cool. you ship to canada ? LOL..

BLAZERONE22
12-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Are you ATVWARRIOR over on ORG??? Here's a pm I got fro him this morning. Kinda throws up a red light,

ATC-PHIL
Hi, ive dealt with him, is there a problem?

i purchased a trike off him few weeks ago, i got a 200x for cheap, and nothing wrong with it at all! no problems here

communications are good to, i was worried cause he was in the UK and paid via paypal, he wanted western union, took 8 days to get to me in canada!

im thinking about getting some other parts of him for the 200x, hes got a banshee for sale, which i was considering, but im going to leave it as im happy with my X, im gonna get some bits of him next when i get paid.

get in touch if theres any problems, thanks
richard

Last night I I'm'd with a board member that says you offered to sell him a LQ 250r for $500.00 bucks shipped, and his email has your email addy. phil_ shortman@hotmail.com If I'm wrong I will totally apologize.

atcphil
12-15-2004, 12:39 PM
LQ 250r? no

and no im not atvwarrior?

wanna edit that message and take the @ so i dont get spammed

Quickonstep
12-15-2004, 01:53 PM
im the other board member, and it was a atc 250r, if everything turns out to be LEGIT, ill buy the 250r from you, but as of right now, red flags are going up left and right, the email for atcphil and atvwarrior are the same emails.. so how could you sell somthing to yourself?

if everything works out with a buddy of mine, i will buy the 250r, but not a minute sooner, and if everything does work out... i apologize, and will retract any and all statements made.

Jesse

atcphil
12-15-2004, 02:08 PM
May i ask whats the point in buying and selling if all you do is get accused?

i give my phone number out and if anyone wants to ring and chat they can, but no one does, but there quick enough accusing! :(

Quickonstep
12-15-2004, 02:24 PM
easy there killer.. wouldnt you think it was a bit fishy?

Imagine this, i was selling some parts, i had 2 different names on 2 different boards, both with the same email, THEN i said i sold parts to a guy with one name, from my other name on another board? would you think that sounded a bit fishy? you have admitted here that phil_shortman is you, but you say atvwarrior is not you, when atvwarrior has the same exact email as you?

heres the blunt reality. 1. your a really strange person with some really goofy business techniques, or 2. its a honest deal, and your not out to get anyone, or 3, you are out to get people, and tahts why the 2 different names on 2 different boards, with the same email claming that you have recieved parts from the other name..

Im just looking out for MYSELF and others onthe board, again, if this is all a misunderstanding, everything will go away.

Jesse

Quickonstep
12-15-2004, 02:39 PM
LQ 250r? no

and no im not atvwarrior?

wanna edit that message and take the @ so i dont get spammed

as a matter of fact i am calling you out.. no apologies, no nothing.. your saying your not atvwarrior, and that phil_shortman is you.. then EXPLAIN THIS!!!!!!!!

> > To email atvwarrior, you can use this online form:
> > http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/member.php?action=mailform&userid=2447
> >
> > OR, by email:
> > mailto: phil_shortman@hotmail.com
> >
> > This is the message:
> >
> > Hello mate,
> >
> > i have a 83,84,85,86 Rs,
> >
> > $200 shipped for the engine,
> >
> > Let me know, regards
> > phil :o)

send the parts that you have money for, or the money back ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have been called out, and caught in a lie.

TimSr
12-15-2004, 02:53 PM
There is another thread on this very same topic, and ill make the same suggestion I did there. Great caution on overseas dealings is common sense, especially when you are looking at a real bargain. Why no use an escrow service to handle it? An escrow service is a 3rd party company that holds the money until the deal is completed so that nobody gets ripped, and everybody is confident that nonone will be. Not sure, but i think maybe even Paypal has an escrow service. Its worth the fee for peace of mind. I dont see any other way of convincing someone overseas that you are safe to deal with.

atcphil
12-15-2004, 03:00 PM
ok ill admit yes i have 2 names, like i have 2 names on this board.

PSATV and ATC-PHIL, and on .org ATVWARRIOR

yeh i lied, why... to shut you accusers up, let me get on with my deals, and if people do get scammed, then well let it start then, why now at the very beginning, im not harming anyone!

Im a legit person, and am honest, so why dont you just give me a chance before jumping and biting me!

atcphil
12-15-2004, 03:01 PM
im not arguing, as its going to get out of control,
just give me a chance and you can see :)

skippy
12-15-2004, 03:03 PM
well as many of you know, i have been on this board for a number of years.. and also as many of you know im a police officer here in maryland.. so heres the scoop, i sent some paypal money to atc phil for an axle, a few days ago, and i plan on receiving it.. if i dont i will surely do what it takes to take care of it: but if i get it and its what its suppose to be, ill be able to speak very highly of this guy and his parts! he is aware of all of this.. so we shall see what happens in a few days!

atcphil
12-15-2004, 03:08 PM
thanks alot

Xowner
12-15-2004, 06:41 PM
same here send paypal for wiring harness will let you know how it goes but as far as him staying in contact it has been all good

will keep updated :D

atcphil
12-15-2004, 06:44 PM
thanks alot

TrikerR
12-15-2004, 06:59 PM
i bought a 350x off atcphil and there hasnt been any problems, im in the same boat as you guys but im pretty sure that phils legit. we talk quite often on messenger and hes a pretty good guy.

atcphil
12-15-2004, 07:00 PM
thanks alot

keep um coming :D

Derrick Adams
12-15-2004, 09:26 PM
I suppose I better add another oddity to this story.

We too looked at his 85 R for sale, that was 100% in great shape, but asked about the post on .org because it said that it was blown up. He replied that he has 2 85 250Rs for sale or parts. When we asked us for some new pictures of it, he replied that his camera had just busted the batteries and he had no way of getting new ones. I think it would ease everyones mind if you borrowed a digital camera and took us a picture of both bikes together, with the good one running.

Quickonstep
12-15-2004, 09:29 PM
hrmm.. he told me he had a 83,84,85,86 250r's

dood i really hope you are legit, if you are, youll sell EVERYTHING you have to sell.. you give a price thats a little too good to be true.. but if your not.. i feel bad for you homey.. i really do.

Jesse

BLAZERONE22
12-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Well Phil offered to ship me that Banshee for $100 down and I'll pay the rest when it shows up, I figure I've lost money quicker in Vegas. If it shows up on my doorstep I'll get FTD online and send flowers and a hug gram. lol

atcphil
12-16-2004, 12:07 PM
ill want a big sloppy kiss to

and a sticky on how suberb i am!

skippy
12-16-2004, 12:56 PM
here is the detective's number assigned to his case..DC Steve Thomas.....01495 232283

playboyuk
12-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Anyone notice phil has deleted over 120 posts since i joined ?

I wonder why ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3734462.stm

BUSTED !!!

skippy
12-16-2004, 01:58 PM
thats ok.. he took a snapshot of the 3www forums and forwarded them already,..

skippy
12-16-2004, 02:00 PM
anyone want to share any address>? itp? home address? home phone numbers? we will take care of it!! :)

playboyuk
12-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Top Questions

Q: Can I cancel a payment that I've already sent?

A: You may only cancel a payment if it is unclaimed, and the recipient has not yet signed up for a PayPal account and collected the money. (If your payment is completed and you'd like to request a refund, please contact the recipient of the payment directly.)

The following unclaimed payments may be cancelled:
A payment sent to an email address that is not associated with a PayPal account - once the email address is added to a PayPal account, the payment will be automatically credited to the balance of that account
A payment sent to a recipient with an unconfirmed email address - for security reasons, PayPal can only credit payments sent to a confirmed email address

If you cancel an eCheque payment or Instant Bank Transfer, the withdrawal from your bank account cannot be cancelled. Instead, the eCheque or Instant Bank Transfer amount will be credited to your PayPal account balance.

playboyuk
12-16-2004, 02:19 PM
I hope he hasn't done anyone on here like he did on Ebay :(

Howdy
12-16-2004, 03:23 PM

I wonder why ?

BUSTED !!!

We do have a bunch of good detectives here on the site. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Howdy

Howdy
12-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Well Phil offered to ship me that Banshee for $100 down and I'll pay the rest when it shows up, I figure I've lost money quicker in Vegas. If it shows up on my doorstep I'll get FTD online and send flowers and a hug gram. lol

I to have lost money quicker in Vegas. But I still wouldn't send a dime. I am sure the only reason he said that is to be able to get what ever he still can get.
Howdy

TheOlderFox
12-16-2004, 04:14 PM
He was trying to deal with me too. Something didn't seem quite right and I had a red flag early so I was stalling and trying to do my homework as well. People like that make it tough to trust. It's a shame. At least we can try to watch each other's backs when possible.

atczack
12-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Don't send it blazer........

atczack
12-16-2004, 04:19 PM
I even talked to him about my friend buying a yammi moto4 from him. But then I started noticing that every time somebody put a post up for a bike they wanted to buy, he just happened to have the bike. It made me start thinking he was 'fishy' and I told my friend not to buy it because something didn't seem right. Now look what's going on.....

playboyuk
12-16-2004, 05:11 PM
DONT Buy anything of him !!!! - Ring DC Steve Thomas.....01495 232283 (UK)

He is in breech of his bail conditions

x.system
12-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Looks like me and skippy bought the same axle. Heres the info he gave me.

Phillip Shortman
57 Chester Close
New Inn
Pontypool
Torfaen
np4 0lu

Phone 04407731440

x.system
12-16-2004, 06:35 PM

I wonder why ?

BUSTED !!!

Yea the same day you join? Your name Phil to?

Howdy
12-16-2004, 07:14 PM

The IP address shows it is. hmmmmmmmmmm
Howdy

x.system
12-16-2004, 07:31 PM
Heres one of his new emails to pps@3wheels.cjb.net

BLAZERONE22
12-16-2004, 08:06 PM
I to have lost money quicker in Vegas. But I still wouldn't send a dime. I am sure the only reason he said that is to be able to get what ever he still can get.
Howdy

LOL, He PM'd me a half dozen times this morning, I was just trying to get his hopes up,lol Heck even made me late for work. There's another UK username I'd like checked out. He sent me a PM saying he bought a trike from Phil. I asked him how it came and if he had any pics of it. I never did get an answer back. But the guy had over a 100 posts. I'll search for it and see if I can find it.

I just looked back though the thread and its on page one. A happy customer of Phils.

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-16-2004, 11:56 PM
I used to talk to this fool on MSN like a year or two ago, he would never leave me alone, messages and e-mails constantly asking for parts and telling me what he had for sale.. I've read this thread a few times, but I then signed into MSN, and saw "Phil_Shortman@hotmail.com", And I looked back on the thread and turns out to be the same dude... WTF .. this kid needs something done to him, and fast.

Billy Golightly
12-17-2004, 12:04 AM
If you have bought anything or are considering buying anything from Phil Shortman use EXTREME CAUTION! I have some highly reputable information on good authority that he is a nationaly re-known scammer across the UK and Europe. Many members here on the forum are already re-tracting their paypal payments they have made to him. If you have made one to him, I STRONGLY suggest that you go through the propper channels with paypal as soon as possible so you can increase the chance of getting your money back. Do not deal with him under any circumstances AT ALL!

skippy
12-17-2004, 12:19 AM
atc-phil here he is back on ebay....

Quickonstep
12-17-2004, 01:07 AM
thanks to blazer and myself, we figured out this guy was fake.. put 2 and 2 together, im sorry that you guys went through this... i really hope you guys get your money back and i really REALLY hope this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro sets in jail.. no not sits, ROTS in jail over this.. each and every one of you bust your asses for every dime you get, and to have it taken just aint right..

Just wish somthing could have been done earlier :(

Skippy, i got net access back, ill send you a email

Jesse

Howard
12-17-2004, 01:22 AM
atc-phil just won some parts off ebay that i was selling paid pretty quick. but he sure does pester ALOT ! i hope i can get his parts out soon :mad:

Quickonstep
12-17-2004, 01:24 AM
the money is probably stolen money... personally, i would refund the money, and say sorry, i cannot accept fraudulent funds.

Jesse

Howard
12-17-2004, 01:27 AM
well maybe if i didn't or couldnt use the $ i would do that. not in this case tho. sounds bad i know. but why give him $ back, not like it's going to get back to the real owner?
Howard

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-17-2004, 01:31 AM
well maybe if i didn't or couldnt use the $ i would do that. not in this case tho. sounds bad i know. but why give him $ back, not like it's going to get back to the real owner?
Howard

It will also give him an opportunity to trash your feedback on ebay.

Howard
12-17-2004, 01:32 AM
I mean they are USED parts. i hope they work????

playboyuk
12-17-2004, 07:12 AM

I never thought of that m8 :beer:

I came on from a invite of skippy, That why i came on.

So i thought ahhhh i know ill grass on my self & post the CID phone number of the chap who is investigating me,I am on bail so i will get knicked, And also ill post a link from the BBC website that ran a story on my self.

Thanks alot for the support :beer:

Me and all the people he ripped of for £45.000 appreciate your support

PS Yes i am being Sarcastic

playboyuk
12-17-2004, 08:13 AM
Also a warning for you all

The forums he was banned from he had multiple accounts, In fact we got shut down 4 Ebay account that we knew of, He may have a few on here ;)

The phone number that x-system posted is a Mobile Number and its incomplete, Some digits missing :(

ScottZJ
12-17-2004, 08:26 AM
I am trying to contact his IP holder so we can see about shutting his internet service down. If they hear of his foul dealings, they would more than likely want to shut him down quickly. :)

playboyuk
12-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Can i just assure anyone on here that i am NOT - Phillip Shortman

I can prove it to a admin who has paypal, I will send a payment to you and that will prove who i am :)

Howdy
12-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Can i just assure anyone on here that i am NOT - Phillip Shortman

I can prove it to a admin who has paypal, I will send a payment to you and that will prove who i am :)

I sent you a email.

If you wish to do this: We have a non-credit card paypal account for the web site. That account is donations@3wheelerworld.com.
Howdy

a-camp
12-17-2004, 10:21 AM
I have perchased parts from Salem off Ebay and seen the same pics. and add the next day. I have only lost bids to Phil. Not been burned. Did not look like him selling when I checked after reading this. Wow you guys are on the ball.

playboyuk
12-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Its a shame the police seem to do nothing he has been at this for 2 years !!!

He is awaiting sentencing as we speak

TrikerR
12-17-2004, 11:05 AM
well ive filed my claim for compensation with pyapal...hope fully i get my money back. im really glad that i didnt send the whole 900aud in one lump.

playboyuk
12-17-2004, 11:22 AM
I have contacted CID the DC who is dealing with the case against phil is away until monday, I have left a message with a memeber of his staff to get intouch.

I asked if they had email facility, They only have internal email, I will wait for a phone call monday see what happends.

In the mean time if you have paid via paypal get your compensation claim in.

skippy
12-17-2004, 12:40 PM
I thk we need to compile a list of facts.. perhaps I or someone else trusting can compile the complete list of transactions with this crook.. let names, amounts, items, method, stuff like that.. so we can forward it to the proper person.. what everyone thk??

playboyuk
12-17-2004, 01:11 PM
Skippy - As you being a police officer, Seems logical that you keep the info ?

Then when the CID get back to me ill pass on your number then you can tell him ?

skippy
12-17-2004, 02:15 PM
i have no problem doing that.. please email me w the details of each transaction, and ill put it together and forward it.. thx skippy3@erols.com

ScottZJ
12-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah me working in law enforcement for years I do know that numbers are the best thing to have. So the more issues the better. That way they dont shrug off the bad dealings with this user.............peace

x.system
12-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Also a warning for you all

The forums he was banned from he had multiple accounts, In fact we got shut down 4 Ebay account that we knew of, He may have a few on here ;)

The phone number that x-system posted is a Mobile Number and its incomplete, Some digits missing :(

I apologize if you are in fact not phil, Skippy is well trusted and if he asked you to join thats good enuff for me.

As far as his number, Phil gave me a few variations of the same number,
00447731440 was the first one but I couldnt get it to work. He did say it was a mobile phone also.

playboyuk
12-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Mobiles usually have more digits than that (11 i think)

07731440 hmm i think there is atleat 3 numbers missing :(

But thats phil for you always trying to cover his tracks and makes a complete hash of it.

One story i remember someone telling me......He was on a cruise ship working and docking in the uk, He was selling Nokia phones in bulk, And he could'nt meet due to him being in a wheel chair !!!!

Dont get me wrong i have a m8 of myn who is in a wheel chair who does ok, But you would think a cruise ship would'nt be the best place for him :)

I tell you some of the things he got upto would make you laugh (or cry).

Emailing people telling them "thankyou for the money i am going to new york foir a holiday" !!

weekends in a five-star hotel overlooking Times Square and took a helicopter ride over Manhattan,
stretch limousines for nights out with friends,
designer clothes,
expensive gadgets,
quad bikes,
Plasma screen tvs,

Prosecutor Peter Moore said: "He set up three bank accounts to handle cash, which he obtained via bank transfer. But he was not content with taking people's money - he later taunted them by e-mailing them with details of how he'd spent it."

And i have been in the same room as him less than 5 foot away and he was smiling at me.........................Revenge is best served when i am ready :)

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Umm.. Am I the only one who finds it strange someone just happened to join the 3WW board and only post in this thread since the first day they joined?

atczack
12-17-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm with you 'Lots', maybe that thing he's doing with Skippy will prove us wrong though...

wheelie king
12-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Lots......no kidding. I thought I was the only one wondering. Kinda peculiar, huh? :rolleyes:

TrikerR
12-17-2004, 08:28 PM
hay guys this guy dosent even own a trike probably and hes onlt joined to help out in getting phillip shortman

oh yea skippy i sent ya that email.

wheelie king
12-17-2004, 08:38 PM
TrikerR-

In light of recent events, I may be quick to suspect foul play and be too skeptical and untrusting of my fellow man. You could be correct. Still kinda weird, though. I hate a thief.

Howard
12-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Anyone else get an email like this? got this today.

"Hi
You may have read my posts about ATCPHIL on 3W ?

For some reason my IP has been banned ?

I have contacted the admins for info

I think they think im phil ?

I assure you i am not

Cheers

Paul

Incase of emails bouncing back email - playboyuk@gmail.com ""

TrikerR
12-17-2004, 08:59 PM
well maybe it is a bit fishy. but oh well just make sure that if he offers to sell you any trike parts, decline till we find out the deal with this bloke.

Howard
12-17-2004, 09:03 PM
oh for sure. i declined ATC-phil when he sent me the first email. lol

playboyuk
12-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Ok lets start again - Skippy "found me" on another forum (mobile phones) and asked me to come on here and give my story !!!!

Yesterday i got my IP banned by Howdy, I emailed Howdy and with the info i sent him & with a paypal donation to prove who i am.

Howdy got the donation and unbanned me straight away

I am not Phil Shortman, My name is Paul, And i have even taken this $hithead to court at my loss (£250/$480) i did'nt get costs back at he was only 16 at the time :(

I am a memeber on a few other forums also going by the same user name i have here.

PS - i dont have a *EIDT* :) bike that why i dont post on other threads :)

Dammit!
12-17-2004, 10:26 PM
PS - i dont have a quad bike that why i dont post on other threads :)

Oh shi... he said the Q word.

Trikeaholic
12-17-2004, 10:39 PM
I dont get this whole thing. Too confusing. Tell me where I am missing something.

1. ATCPHIL decides after he gets arrested for ebay scams to target 3 wheeler enthusiasts? (sounds pretty far-fetched)
2. Phil offers Blazer a Banshee and Blazer makes a public post to that effect, calling phil out.
3. Skippy, meanwhile finds a guy on another message board about mobile phones, of all things that happens to have been ripped off by phil on ebay.
4. turns out that there are TONS of members trying to buy trikes and parts that are very common in the US but more rare than honest democrats in the UK (where phil is from) side note-you guys are suckers
5. The guy skippy "found" on the mobile phone forum (is there really such a thing?) decides to come to 3WW and flame phil for the benefit of humanity.

Sorry but I just dont get it. I dont get how you all got involved with this-too wierd.

playboyuk
12-17-2004, 11:00 PM
This is taken from 1 of the forums i am on (crazynokia.co.uk) - this was posted on 30-09-2004, 07:44 PM by "halifaxstud"

taken from a msn chat dump

phil_shortman@hotmail.com says:
howm uch 8910i?
3x 8910i 2x e700 f/s 100 6310i cover/chassis 100 t100 100 v200 100 dku2 cable 先安移动通讯公司 says:
ermm £230 but sold man
e700?
3x 8910i 2x e700 f/s 100 6310i cover/chassis 100 t100 100 v200 100 dku2 cable 先安移动通讯公司 says:
can get them for £120
cool
hows the court case going on?
what court casE?
u no full well wot i mean
been in touch have they
who?
CID
EBAY
POLICe
you tell me
no jus normal police
not cid
why what they say
jsu lookin for more evidence
ah right
do you know what its about
yes
what u spend all money on then
outa interest
no comment
why, i dint tell cops shite
i dont want police
around me
sniffing around
still no comment,
dont get u

people shouldnt have been so stupid to send money to people they dont know, yes im very sorry and gulity and wont do it again, but i wouldnt send money to people i dont know
yes i know whats done is done
anyway gotta go
u dint do owt to me i aint both
i shouldnt be online
my bail conditions
oh rite
ive just come to shut down and uninstall it
so i cant get ob anymore
un install what
all my boradband etc
all programs that wanan connect etc
ow ocme
so i dont come online otherwise im in the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro
who wi
police and court
ive been good all week and havent been on ebay like they said, so im gonna do this
so gotta shoot
cant ban u from net
can dey
they have
my bail conidtions
what happens if u break bail conditons
my fiancee is pregnant and i dont wanna be in prison
ill get put in remand
how old are u
ohh
u not got job or owt
im 20
i want to join the army
but i have previous convictiona
will dat stop u
look i gotta go mate
oh rite
l8r
thanks for everything
np
all your products are A++++
hope to buy from you in the future with legit money
cool
bye

Quickonstep
12-17-2004, 11:25 PM
well, skippy, sounds like 110% legit, i have no issues with him, and have spoke with him on the phone.. he lives in my area, so i have no fear in dealing with him... as for skippy telling this guy to come here, even tho it does sound a bit far fetched, but thats not what gets me.. what gets me is that, howard said the ip was the same for atcphil as it is for playboyuk.. and it seems even more strange that "playboyuk knows this guy personally"

this is what is bugging me.

1. why would playboyuk spoof a scammers ip?
2. the MO fits.. ie. selling stuff to yourself.. (atvwarrior selling stuff to atcphil)

the fact that playboyuk and atcphil have the same ip disturbs me.. and the fact that yall believe that this cats name is paul is beyond me.. yea he might have made a donation with a paypal account.. but correct me if im wrong.. but wasnt phil shortman in deepshit because he was stealing paypal/ebay accounts, and money from people on both sites? i mean THINK about it..

Jesse

Quickonstep
12-17-2004, 11:37 PM
The IP address shows it is. hmmmmmmmmmm
Howdy

this is the post im referring too.. why are we still dicking aroudn with mr. playboy?

playboyuk
12-17-2004, 11:38 PM
Listen to what i am saying :)

I do not have the same IP as phil, If phils IP is banned and we have the same IP then why am i on here ?

I know him because i took a civil action against phil and took him to court after he scammed me on ebay for £200+.

As he was only 16 at the time i lost, Lossing over £250 plus costs £350 out of pocket :(

I posted a auction on ebay saying i was ripped of by someone in pontypool wales.

That when all the fun started i must have had contact of 20+ people all with the same story. 1 person he did for £2000 :(

It now turns out there was about 50+ people he did on ebay.

ME and MANY others gathered info and forwarded it to the police, I even travelled 400 miles to his own CID station and handed over hard evidence.

When he went to the court in september 04 he admitted 21 charges of fraud amounting to £16,105 and asked for a further 64 offences - amounting to £28,860 - to be taken into consideration.

He is on bail awaiting a Crown Court apperance.

That why he deleted over 120+ post the minute i joined, While i was on here he was deleting his posts, How can we both be the same person using the same IP be online at the same time ?

siansmobiles
12-17-2004, 11:39 PM
gawd some of you guys make me sick accusing playboy of been that arrogant little sh*t phil shortman when hes spent the past few years on phils back trying to stop him ripping, ripping on net ebay forums and people like yourselves

phil shortman is a ripper a nobed that will never stop unless hes behind bars, its an adiction for him i hate the guy personally and wouldnt be bothered if he got run over by a bus.

the convo above is with me and i tried to get as much info from him as poss for the reporter from big national newspaper i gave free info too.

and anyone want to doubt me, then cancel your doubts here

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=siansmobiles&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS

and i can post here i believe as i have cbr600rr and rvf400 totaly tricked out both

playboyuk
12-17-2004, 11:42 PM
If any of you accussers can be arsed - join this forum and read the 16 pages all about phil

http://www.crazynokia.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12132&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Quickonstep
12-17-2004, 11:44 PM
im just going by what a moderator said... and as far as im concered if you dont have any feedback for selling stuff and are from the uk your worthless scamming peices of trash. I have had a few deals on here, all but one good, but it was a fault of mine, and im not "afriad" to say anything about it. You can read it in the feedback section, posted by lots of nothing.

The fact that "phil" aka atcphil sold stuff to atvwarrior, makes me believe that you are him, since youknow so much about him, your writing style matches his to a t, and your quoting things from a website like you know the guy personally.. you sound just like him, and thats why i feel that you are no good..

And that dialog you posted was from a msn chat, NOT from a forum. your story and your MO contridicts itself, and thats why people dont trust people, expeically peices of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro from the UK.

And you ask why we are getting on playboy? ill tell ya why.. becuase of the bullshit that phil has said, and the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro that playboy says are the EXACT same thing that phil would say, his writing style is EXACTLY the same, the SAME words mispelled, and the same typing mistakes.. coinecidence? i dont think so. 6 feedback or 6 million feedback, i dont care, ebay accounts can get stolen.. not saying that you did.. im just saying this is all a little too far fetched for even the most nieve person to believe. and playboy says he didnt get his money back becuase he was 16? thats the biggest crock of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro ihave ever heard in my entire life.. and if you believe that then your a damn MORON.

Jesse

Jesse

siansmobiles
12-17-2004, 11:46 PM
@ Jesse,

what a tw*t you are, thats just like me saying dont trust black ppl, racist.

remember we are your best ally and are at war now helping you

Quickonstep
12-17-2004, 11:50 PM
well since i dont support the war i could care less...

as for you calling me a racist, if thats how you feel then feel it.. but for somone to know so much about mr. shortman, it seems like hes doing NOTHING about it if he is who he says he is..

And you tea and crumpet idiots wouldnt understand what a good american *** kicking can do to a person.

Jesse

siansmobiles
12-17-2004, 11:54 PM
@jesse dont be such small narrow minded,
maybe not from your area but in uk we have many nice people who go out of their way to stop idiots liek phil shortman.

if you have something agaisnt the uk then go find a forum where your narrow minded views will be supported. as it happens you are from a country which isnt really liked anywhere in the world, and the uk is probably the most favouriable country in the uk.

im off to bed now work to start in 6 hours, will be busy all weekend as abroad next week on business

playboyuk
12-17-2004, 11:55 PM
I went down to give him a "***" kicking do you know where he was hiding..........F*CKING NEW YORK !!!! :(

Quickonstep
12-17-2004, 11:58 PM
whatever you say fish and chips... this isnt about whatever your making it out to be.. this is about hardworking AMERICANS getting took by UK SWINE! this isnt about your inablilty to see the whole picture, its about these people putting there trust into a person thats on a forum they frequently visit, and have good deals all the time.. and getting the shaft by lazy morons that are overseas... i mean its prolly just best for you to go back to selling cellphones or whatever you do.. this isnt about you, or me..

as for phil shortman, i do believe that hes still here, watching, but i also believe that there IS somthing that can be done, just no one is doing it.. but i tell ya what, if i lived close to mr. shortman, things would be handled accordingly.

Jesse

playboyuk
12-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Jesse - We tried to do something, That why he is awaiting a Crown court.

If they just did him at the normal court he would only do a few weeks if any :(

That why the police are pushing it for a bigger court , then they can pass down the maximum sentence to this kid (he is 17).

I have had msn chats with him saying he was sorry etc, A few weeks later he is at it again.

Also i noticed his Ebay account his feedback is private ? , You know why because thats how we use to track him, we use to email the people who he has sold and bought off getting info.

Like you said phil could be watching, But if his IP is banned of here he should;nt be able to view the forums.

I made a paypal payment to this site at a request of Howdy - Administrator.

To prove who i was, He obviously was happy with that as he unbanned me ?

Billy Golightly
12-18-2004, 12:11 AM
playboyuk is not Phil Shortman. He has been cooperating with Skippy on working towards getting phil caught. As an Administrator of this forum, I will tell you he is not phil. That is that.

Howdy
12-18-2004, 12:15 AM
I have gotten a paypal donation from playboyuk ( he is Verified ). The paypal donation didn't come in the name of Phil. It was from a different name. No, I am not going to post his real name. Why not? Because he ask me to keep it PRIVATE. As most if not everyone knows on this forum that I can be trusted.
The bottom line: Using the information I have gathered, I can say playboyuk isn't Phil.
Thanks
Howdy

Howdy
12-18-2004, 12:29 AM
as for phil shortman, i do believe that hes still here, watching, but i also believe that there IS somthing that can be done, just no one is doing it.. but i tell ya what, if i lived close to mr. shortman, things would be handled accordingly.

Jesse

Your wrong here. I have been on this case for quite a while now. It would be hard to find someone who is more anti bad dealings on this forum than me.

Phil's IP was banned as was his username. In fact I banned every IP address that I even remotely though he was useing. Once I was able to confirm playboyuk wasn't Phil I unbanned him.
Howdy

skippy
12-18-2004, 01:02 AM
that is correct.. i found paul/ playboyuk on another website.. and he was a victim of theft/fraud from phil.. i cant verify 100% paul and phil arent the same person. but im pretty sure they aren't the same.. be logical what is he gaining right now? ask him about trikes, he really doesnt know about them nor care, phil does care about them.. either way, keep sendin me the info, and i will gather it for the detective, i will be away on vacation on 26th to 1st.. so dont get itchy..

i want to nail phil as much as we can, the only probaly him being out of country, makes it more difficult, if he was in the USA>. i could take him down VERY easily myself.. but because hes out of the country, i have to relay this stuff to the detective.. thx

also i have learned that phil had at least 7 paypal accounts so far.. !

Quickonstep
12-18-2004, 01:12 AM
thanks for clearing that up howdy and hondaatc..

Jesse

Billy Golightly
12-18-2004, 01:17 AM
Its ok, I found it a little bit odd at first myself, but its cool and I understand now. I'd reccomend checking the other thread if you haven't already.

playboyuk
12-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Atlast some to back me up :)

Trust me no hates phil as much as me, 1 of the lads dads he ripped of is also a copper.

From what i can tell phil has deleted all his posts on here because he knows i will snapshot them pring them out and send to the police :)

These are a few of his ebay account that we got shut down

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewFeedback&userid=psgsm03

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewFeedback&userid=0verd0se

This one was the ones he started to ripp people of big time

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewFeedback&userid=phone_supplier

Only problem is Ebay have deleted the pages he was selling :(

(lucky i made a snapshot) :)

10 BRAND NEW, SIMFREE, UNOPENED, SAMSUNG P400 Item number: 3048391455

Bidding has ended for this item

Go to larger picture Winning bid: £1,350.00
Ended: 23-Sep-03 19:42:13 BST
History: 16 bids (£500.00 starting bid)

15 BRAND NEW, SIMFREE, UNOPENED, NOKIA 8910iS Item number: 3349769907

Bidding has ended for this item

Go to larger picture Winning bid: £2,950.00
Ended: 21-Sep-03 11:43:33 BST
History: 34 bids (£500.00 starting bid)

One of them paid and lost out, The other we managed to stop any payment :)

siansmobiles
12-18-2004, 09:56 AM
good on ya, some people just dont aprechiate it though when your helping :(

TimSr
12-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks for your help playboyuk. Unfortunately, as a result of one crook, it will be understandably difficult for anyone to have dealings across the pond. You obviously have nothing to gain by posting on here other than the satisfaction of seeing this guy nailed, and we appreciate your help in getting information to the proper local authorities. I too would be very suspicious if you suddenly poped onto this board as a 3 wheeler enthusiast or as someone trying to sell something, of which you have done neither. As I understand it, you did not seek or find this board, but that members of this board found you. International thefts of this kind are nearly impossible to prosecute without the aid of people that are within the country of the offender. I can see that the UK justice system is just as flawed as the US justice system when it comes to dealing with minors who are criminals. Its takes many crimes to ever see them actually locked up, and our best chance is making your locals aware of the continuing of his crimes while his local cases are pending. I would like to thank you for your help.

playboyuk
12-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Not a problem ill keep you upto date on things as i find out :)

The justice in the UK with minors is terrible, Seems until your 18 you are untochable :(

playboyuk
12-18-2004, 06:51 PM
His ebay account has been suspended :)

Only took them a day, That is quick for Ebay :rolleyes:

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=atc-phil&frm=1728

Billy Golightly
12-18-2004, 07:15 PM
All of his posts that were deleted were only soft deleted-there are still copies in the forum database. If you need copies of anything, notify me by PM and I'll get them to you :)

honda200
12-18-2004, 10:40 PM
wow, i am so glad i didnt aggree to the 83 250R he offered me

Hope he rots in jail as well

Curtis

skippy
12-19-2004, 01:21 AM
Yeah that ebay account getting killed was my doing. I contacted ebay and gave them a heads up! As we all know ebay, paypal and this "high and mighty" website can be hacked into. So we have to stay on top of this! I still need to make sure I have everyones transactions and amounts with data to supply to the detective! I met with Quickonstep tonight and I thk he can reassure you of my law enforcement position and reassure you that I will take care with yr info! I want to take this guy out HARD!! WHY? well, i can tell you, I wont be out any money, cause my paypal account/credit card will take care of it, But i have never been scammed like this! Yeah I got sh$T parts sold to me numerous times, but that rolling the dice, but to get flat out nothing, I wont tolerate it! So keep the fire burning and we will take him out! ANd yes if he was closer, we would handle it a much FASTER and easier way!@ But hes not!

Quickonstep
12-19-2004, 02:55 AM
yea.. that doods a real cop.. cop car, the whole 9 yards.. even the heat on the side... hahahah.. skippy is a cool cat, and id deal with him anytime and not have any worries about anything...

I personally wouldnt piss off anyone that can put you behind bars.. but my god i feel bad for phil, he thinks things are bad now shew... he deserves every bit of it... and maybe a little extra ;P

Jesse

TrikerR
12-19-2004, 03:13 AM
hay skippy...did you get all the info i sent ya.

TTribaLL
12-19-2004, 06:23 AM
Phil's IP was banned as was his username.

He's a scammer, I'm sure he knows how to use a proxy ;)

playboyuk
12-19-2004, 10:36 AM
yea.. that doods a real cop.. cop car, the whole 9 yards.. even the heat on the side... hahahah.. skippy is a cool cat, and id deal with him anytime and not have any worries about anything...

I personally wouldnt piss off anyone that can put you behind bars.. but my god i feel bad for phil, he thinks things are bad now shew... he deserves every bit of it... and maybe a little extra ;P

Jesse

Dont feel to bad for him, He has been doing stuff like this for 2 years that i know of. The police told me he was into credit card fraud when he was 14 :(

There will be victims that we dont even know about :(

Ill will try to get hold of the CID tomorrow and hopefully get this passed on :)

twgranger
12-19-2004, 11:59 AM
this is some messed up stuff!!

wanta86r
12-19-2004, 12:53 PM
i too have fallen for this crooks scam- he got 300.00 from me, ill do whatever i can to get this kid put away

playboyuk
12-19-2004, 02:43 PM
i too have fallen for this crooks scam- he got 300.00 from me, ill do whatever i can to get this kid put away

Pass all the details on to skippy m8 :)

playboyuk
12-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Skippy get all the details you can - i have spoken to CID expect a call in the next day or so :)

Jason T
12-20-2004, 02:40 PM
i don't want to get involved with this argument, but.........
Can these posts by 'Quickonstep' be deleted??

'and as far as im concered if you dont have any feedback for selling stuff and are from the uk your worthless scamming peices of trash'

'And you tea and crumpet idiots wouldnt understand what a good american *** kicking can do to a person. '

I hope there aren't many people on this forum with views like that about us!!!! :eek:

Jason T :)

Quickonstep
12-20-2004, 04:31 PM
maybe i was outta line.. but heres the deal, it seems the rise of FRAUDULENT transactions from across the pond is sky rocketing... if you have ever been scammed, you would understand, if you havent, you dont have a CLUE on how people feel about this.. when you loose thousands of dollars to some trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro overseas, you get stereotypical about things..

jesse.

AirManCam
12-20-2004, 04:55 PM

'and as far as im concered if you dont have any feedback for selling stuff and are from the uk your worthless scamming peices of trash'

'And you tea and crumpet idiots wouldnt understand what a good american *** kicking can do to a person. '

I hope there aren't many people on this forum with views like that about us!!!! :eek:

I think yours post right there is worthless. What if you were a kid just getting into the sport, or a veteran triker, and were in the UK? What if you had something that someone needed, and they wanted to buy it at a decent price..I figure if you are just starting out with selling things, I would start small, then work your way up to bigger things.

playboyuk
12-20-2004, 07:15 PM

@ Jason

I did'nt take it personal i can see your point of view & quicksteps.

I was one of the first he ripped of and i wont be the last, I hunted him all over the net, Watched new Ebay account selling mobile phones trying to cathc him out.

Got to a stage where 3 of us where going through every "NEW" auction on ebay daily.....Was it a obsession.....doing it for 2 years !!!

.......I would say so.....Even got to the stage i now have minor insomnia.

As long as this $hithead gets what he deserves & if its a combined effort more the merry.

In the uk alone this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro has scammed $87,000 !!!, Now i know from a good source you can add another $40,000 to that :(

He was in court on the 13 December they are "Trying" to get this to goto the top court, Now with all this that has been going on, the CID are gonna have more evidence, Remeber he has broke his bail on a few accounts.

So lets hope this time he get what he will deserve.

skippy
12-20-2004, 09:43 PM
Hello,

Thanks for writing to us. My name is Salvo and I appreciate the chance
to help you with your questions.

I reviewed the information you provided and was unable to find an eBay
transaction on file like the one you described. As such, I will not be
able to fully investigate your report; however, I can provide you with a
few options that may help to resolve this situation.

If you paid for this item with PayPal, please review the PayPal Buyer
Complaint Process. In many cases, PayPal may be able to provide
reimbursement. Information about how to file a complaint with PayPal can
be found at:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_pbp-info-outside

If you did not pay with PayPal or if you were unable to resolve your
transaction through the PayPal Buyer Complaint Process and you used a
credit card or a debit card to send payment, please contact your card
issuer. Most card issuers provide full consumer protection in instances
of online fraud. To contact your issuer, call their customer service
number, which is usually printed on the back of the card or on your
monthly statement.

I would also encourage you to review the options found on our Buyer
Protection Page at the address provided below:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/isgw-fraud-protection.html

On this page you will also find information that will allow you to send
a report so that we can investigate the seller and provide information
specific to your report. Please be aware that you will be required to
submit a valid item number to make a report from this page. You may want
to review previous email messages from eBay or the seller to obtain the
item number. If you do not have the item number, please review the
following tips related to finding an item number:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/rns-webform-faq.html#8

If you are still unable to locate the item number and you would like
additional information related to this transaction, we ask that you
contact us with the following information so that we can assist you
further:

1. User ID of your seller
2. Date the listing ended
3. Purchase amount (do not include shipping and handling)
4. Name and physical address of your seller
5. The title of the listing or a brief description of the item purchased

When reviewing the options on the Buyer Protection Page, keep in mind
that some of the services are available only within a given timeframe.
Additionally, items purchased outside of eBay are not eligible for
eBay's protective services, such as feedback, contact information
requests, and our Buyer Protection Program. These services are only
available for items listed and purchased on eBay in compliance with our
guidelines and policies. Items purchased outside of eBay include those
bought directly from a seller, item listings that ended with no high
bidder and item listings that did not meet the reserve price on eBay.

Note that the instructions provided in this email should not be followed
if your transaction took place on the Half.com site, as there is a
separate process for resolving Half.com purchases. If you purchased your
item through Half.com, refer to the Half.com Help Wizard for more
information, including instructions about how to contact Half.com
directly, at the following page:

http://half.ebay.com/help/index.cfm?helpsection=help_wizard_q

We are committed to your online trading safety and success.

Regards,

Salvo
Fraud Prevention Group

quik5.0
12-20-2004, 10:09 PM
this is nuttz, how do these guys grow such big balls???????

jesusno2
12-20-2004, 10:54 PM
**edited** man, i was stupid and totally got the big one from this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. man what do i do, a freind of mine and myself have sent this assclown a total of 255 dollars and no parts it has been a little over two weeks now and nothing, i paid him through paypal so can anyone tell me what i can do. if i had it my way he would be a grease mark on the sidwalk but i,m hear he is their so can anyone tell me how to shut this dude down and can i get my money back

BLAZERONE22
12-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Read thru the thread, I think they are trying to shut him down. If you paid by credit card via paypal, contact your credit card company and let them know what happened.

playboyuk
12-20-2004, 11:03 PM
@Skippy - That what most of us got in the UK :(

Seems paypal sometimes cant find things, But they remember to take you fees for using them :(

jesusno2
12-20-2004, 11:14 PM
yea i just email skippy i guess he is trying to do something i paid him with my debit card and my buudy paid with a credit card and i looked at the paypal thing but it confused the hell out of me man i,m freakin PISSED OFF

skippy
12-21-2004, 12:05 AM
well that note is from ebay.. after i contacted them about closing phil down.. we need to find someone that had a bad transaction on ebay w him

83185s
12-21-2004, 01:04 AM
9 pages on this mofo..phill u must not be liked that much or these people have nothing better to do! just ta let u know..i aint got a prob with ya phil!!

Howard
12-21-2004, 01:07 AM
9 pages on this mofo..phill u must not be liked that much or these people have nothing better to do! just ta let u know..i aint got a prob with ya phil!!

No problem with him ripping off a bunch of folks huh. gee who's side are you on. :rolleyes:

MTS
12-21-2004, 01:09 AM
ohhh the doggie doo-doo is gona hit the fan when peole read this dude lol :rolleyes:

Quickonstep
12-21-2004, 01:54 AM
185.. did you buy somthing from this dood and accually get it? just curious.

Meat-BoX
12-21-2004, 05:45 AM
I allways Print out my E-Bay and Pay-Pal deals. Isnt that proof enough to start from? Dont you people pre\int out your recipts, cant trust a company to take care of you.

playboyuk
12-21-2004, 07:47 AM

That how it starts he befriends a few people to get a rating then - WHAM !!

Look at his rating on Ebay, Joined 5 weeks ago, Got a rating of 12 which we cant view as he has it private :rolleyes:

Now look his Ebay account has been shut down, Not for the first time :)

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=atc-phil&frm=1728

You night have been a lucky one...............But for how long until he got you ?

Howdy
12-21-2004, 09:08 AM
Skippy here is a link to the items he bought on Ebay. Maybe one of them got burned. Anyway here is the info:
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&sort=3&userid=atc-phil+&completed=1&all=0&rows=25&sacategory=-1&nojspr=y&sspagename=h%3Ah%3Aadvsearch%3AUk&sofocus=bs&sosortproperty=1&satitle=&catref=C5&sorecordsperpage=50&sosortorder=1&from=R7&nojspr=y&pfid=0

Howdy

BIGRED_87
12-21-2004, 12:09 PM
i just checked on ebay, and it says in RED letters that he is no longer a registered user. another scammer bites the dust!

BLAZERONE22
12-21-2004, 12:25 PM
I think ebay was just another venue for him to meet other people to rip them off on a larger scale. He said he had a DG head he would trade me for the axle and manual. I had him bid on the items, Then I ended the auctions. Then we started IMing and thats when he brought up the banshee for a grand shipped. Yeah right. We should start a poll.....

Got taken

almost got taken

or knew for sure he was a scammer!

I know the guy was good, just a little to low on his prices. lol

I do hope everyone get their money back.

83200e
12-21-2004, 12:38 PM

This shouldn't surprise anyone. Anyone remember this quote from 83185s about a stolen 200s?

i know my 185 is but i dont really care cause im goin to have a different engine on it soon and the frame is different from the other that was stolen so im hopin its ok

Keep posting stupid things like this, and you will earn the disrespect Phil has.

skippy
12-26-2004, 11:09 AM
paypal got in touch w me, and i received poor results! I will be on vacation and out of town tomorrow. So im waiting on the detective and I hope to get some good results from there!

playboyuk
12-26-2004, 02:58 PM
paypal got in touch w me, and i received poor results! I will be on vacation and out of town tomorrow. So im waiting on the detective and I hope to get some good results from there!

Paypal are not very good when it comes to using there service for fraud :(

I'll ring the police again and pass your details on skippy

TrikerR
12-26-2004, 09:32 PM
i too have tried paypals fraud protection thingy and its been over a week and i have not even received a email back.

Howard
12-26-2004, 09:45 PM
yeah, paypals fraud dept. sure is a joke. i to got screwed before from paypal not doing crap for me. " sorry we tried to get your money but cant" bout all i got.

AirManCam
12-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Every one is always telling me to go to pay pal, but now I see why I still use money orders!

Howard
12-26-2004, 11:24 PM
HA HA no good on money orders either!! good luck

Meat-BoX
12-28-2004, 04:16 PM
We should donate money for a flight for someone to kick this dudes ass real bad. That may make him stop his clepto ass behavior. Kind of a joke but if he lived within 1000 miles from me I would Jolly Stomp his ass. He is bad news and needs a lesson.

Quickonstep
12-31-2004, 11:05 PM
lol.. found some more on mr. shortman.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/15/threadid/429397.cfm

Just a heads up

Jesse

84250r
01-02-2005, 04:14 PM
This shouldn't surprise anyone. Anyone remember this quote from 83185s about a stolen 200s?

i know my 185 is but i dont really care cause im goin to have a different engine on it soon and the frame is different from the other that was stolen so im hopin its ok

Keep posting stupid things like this, and you will earn the disrespect Phil has.

HMM,maybe we have an atcphil sidekick with cape and all??

playboyuk
01-02-2005, 08:30 PM
lol.. found some more on mr. shortman.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/15/threadid/429397.cfm

Just a heads up

Jesse

I hope someone has passed on all the info that is on here ?

If you click on his profile it tells you its him :)

First Name: Phillip
Last Name: Shortman
Nickname: atcphil
City: South Wales - Cwmbran
Province/State: Other
Photo Page: atcphil's Photo Page
Message Posts: 45
Last Visited On: Wed December 15, 2004 9:04 AM

Im gonna give the police a call "AGAIN" see what is going on.....I may even pass all this on to a reporter see if he can get the police to do something !!

playboyuk
02-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Sorry for not being back but i have had a bad few weeks :(

Anyway "NOTHING" on the police i have left numerious messages in the last 3 weeks for them to contact me.

I have heard nothing, I passed on the details of skippy to them and obviously they have not even bothered to contact him :(

Other than going and kicking hiss ass :)

What more can be done ? Get the press involved ?

Yardbird
02-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Wow! Just read this post and it was some good reading other than the fact that people got ripped. There are some 'primetime' detectives on here. I might have missed it but did BLAZERONE22 keep his 100 bucks so he can blow it in Vegas next time? Need to do my taxes so I can make a run to Vegas myself and make a contribution.....woot!

hedge1988
02-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Man im kinda new on here and Ebay but im sure glad I missed out on this jerkoff. Iwas already leary of buying on the web now im even more so. I use money orders for everything so I guess when I get screwed I'll just be screwed that kinda sucks. I hope you guys get this fella. I hate a damn thief.

skippy
03-15-2005, 12:13 AM
http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

file a report here if you had a bad transaction w him,,. thx

playboyuk
05-04-2005, 09:52 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41107000/jpg/_41107471_ebayboy300.jpg

A teenager fraudster who conned customers of the internet auction site eBay out of £45,000 has been sent to a detention centre for a year.
Phillip Shortman, now 18, of New Inn, Pontypool, had already admitted 21 counts of fraud at a prior hearing.

Cardiff Crown Court heard how Shortman spent money he received for non-existent goods on weekends to New York, hiring limousines, and clothes.

He told one deceived customer: "This is my business - I make people fools."

Judge Roderick Denyer lifted a court order which had prevented Shortman's name from being made public, in order to protect other internet shoppers.

During his trial at Newport, magistrates had heard Shortman, who was 17 when he committed the offences, had deceived more than 100 eBay customers over a 13-month period.

He had spent the money on top of the range computer equipment, hi-fis and flat-screen televisions, as well as designer clothes and hiring stretch limousines for himself and his friends.

He took two friends on a trip to New York, staying in a five-star hotel and taking a helicopter ride over Manhattan.

Police were alerted by customers who had been conned by Shortman, and he was arrested and warned to stop his activities, but when freed on bail continued to deceive people.

The court was told he was addicted to the website, saying it "gave him a buzz".

He admitted 21 charges of obtaining property by deception and asked for a further 64 to be taken into consideration.

'Frittered away'

Prosecutor Stuart McLeese said: "He was living the good life. He became addicted to selling goods on the internet that did not exist.

"When people complained they had not received their goods, he taunted them saying that it was his business to make fools out of people."

"He frittered the money away to make friendships locally. Those friends have shunned him now."

The court heard Shortman had married and become a father since his arrest.

Defending, Lawrence Jones said: "Since he has admitted his guilt, his life has changed. He has undergone a sea-change.

"He is relishing fatherhood and looking forward to the responsibility of being married."

Sentencing Shortman to 12 months detention and training, Judge Denyer said: "You were a persistent offender and ignored warnings to stop this criminal conduct.

"The public are entitled to protection from someone such as yourself.

"There are clearly aggravating features in this case in that you obtained cash by selling goods on the internet site eBay and carried on this conduct for over a year despite the warnings."

Yardbird
05-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Wow good to hear! Too bad nothing was said about repaying the people he had ripped off.

bigredhead
05-04-2005, 12:12 PM
I think he got off too easy... there should Definately be some " Repayment " terms in his sentence.......

Billy Golightly
05-04-2005, 01:29 PM
How many tens of thousands did he scam and he only got a one year sentance? Yikes.

playboyuk
05-04-2005, 01:38 PM
And you guys over the pond did'nt even get mentioned & i know from skippy he did a few of you lot :(

Maine_Triker
05-04-2005, 02:41 PM
At least they got that dude. No doubt the 3WW crime busting team helped the police get him! :beer

wanta86r
05-04-2005, 02:47 PM
so in a year he'll be tryin to screw us all again.

cole2676
05-04-2005, 07:34 PM
just the other day I was on ebay look at wheelers and i found 2 quads (seperate auctions). they both said that they were only pre aproved bidders. so I emailed them both. I got back email from each one and they were word for word the same but w/2 different names/email/userID. they claimed to have just moved to the *.K and in order to keep the bikes they had to make changes so they would be aproved in the UK. did anyone see this ****. looks like phil may have company.

cole2676
05-04-2005, 08:03 PM
the names of this person Ched Pagtakhan, 2004 yfz450 $4000 item# 45455856114. email was CPagtakhan35@yahoo.com and the next was scott bucciere, 2001 raptor660 item# 4545849819. $3500. email was buccies44@yahoo.com. I still have bolth email in my box.

toyota200x
05-06-2005, 05:59 PM
very awesome looking banshee.

250r'en +TCB
05-07-2005, 08:50 AM
I'm not acusing anyone here but, thats so cheap! A banshee for $1000?!?! what year is it? and what kinda shape is it in. Make sure you get LOTS of pictures before buying!!!! :Bounce :TrikesOwn

kando
05-07-2005, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't buy at all if both emails where just about word for word from supposidly two different guys, amd cheap price besides. I smell rip off!!!!!