PDA

View Full Version : My First Hare Scramble

TrikeKid
01-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Raced my first scramble on saturday. I raced 200 AM at the Hangover Scrambles. It was 7 miles of slick clay that stuck to every thing yet gave no traction. It was a one hour race and i only made one lap. I got 17th out of 24 riders which i dont think is too bad for my first race. heres a pic of my bike with about 20 pounds of mud all over it. its kinda hard to see but theres about 5 pounds of mud and grass jammed in the front of my swing arm.

OldSchoolin86
01-04-2005, 01:54 AM
Nice! I plan to hit atleast on this year.

TimSr
01-04-2005, 09:46 AM
It doesnt much matter where you place. My total respect goes out to anyone who just goes out there and does it. You may have beaten 16 out of 24 riders with the guts to do it, but you beat EVERY armchair racer! Congratulations, you are now an addict. Im sure youll be running many more.

a-camp
01-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Showing up!! Thats the key. I race CRC Dist.37 for years.I miss the comitment it took to keep points up . Sonds like fun we ran 2 30-35 mile loops. 8 mile races must really be hookin ha ? In a 75 mile sometimes the turtle wins.lol Congrats again.

Ace Mon
01-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Bro , Dont sell yourself short ... If you finished last , nipping at someones heels that would still be a rush . When I race , my focus is on the guy aheah of me . Thats it ! I want to beat him . Once I pass its on to the next . I do it for the fun . besides my mantle is full of my wife beer-stien collection , so theres no place for trophys . LOL