PDA

View Full Version : Holy S#%*!!!!!!!!!

freaksfix
01-15-2003, 11:17 PM
This is NUTS!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400090305&category=6726

ATC'R
01-15-2003, 11:28 PM
Must be a wild ride. I like where he say's "CAN BE SET UP FOR DIRT OR SAND, JUST NEED THE RIGHT TIRES... Look at the picture below. If you plan on running that thing off road even with proper tires, one better bring a bushel basket so you can collect all the parts that get tore off.

djcheez
01-15-2003, 11:48 PM
my thoughts exactly. i dont think it would make it too far off road. that has very poor design with the engine mounted the way it is.

Howdy
01-16-2003, 12:17 AM
Add wings & a prop and it may fly. lmao

freaksfix
01-16-2003, 01:02 PM
It dont need clearence its for dragen, thats way its so low to the ground. He saying change the tires for street, dirt, or sand drags.

01-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Dont they usually have deep rutts form in dirt and especially sand drag racing?

01-16-2003, 05:00 PM
No not in any of the drag races i've entered. Dirt drags were on the straight away of a hard packed oval clay track, and the sand drags were groomed every time the strip got a little tore up.

ATC crazy
01-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I saw that thing a while ago. Its awesome. I bet it tops out at 160mph!! :twisted:

Kilborg
01-16-2003, 06:58 PM
No thanks.

theeechozen1
01-16-2003, 07:10 PM
one little rock and that thing would be naturally assperated again real quik

djcheez
01-16-2003, 08:32 PM
drag bikes need some clearance. this bike will not be able to run in the sand. even if you put 25 in. tires on it will have clearance problems. any bigger tires and it wont be able to turn them well. this one has to stay on the asphalt only. oh and again, poor design.

DIGGER DOG
01-17-2003, 11:15 AM
Im not a professional by all means as a mechanic but that thing brings a new meaning to FRANKENSTEIN it scares me just looking at it perhaps I should rephrase that PROFESSIONAL FRANKENSTEIN it is indeed scary

Da_Catt
01-17-2003, 01:38 PM
If you look at the turbo it is already smashed. the inlet should be round not oval shaped. yeah that thing is kinda low for offroad. good thing it has no suspension.

Mike Fort Laud
01-20-2003, 12:19 AM
Poor Design???????????? That is a perfect design for a drag bike. The motor is set low for a low center of gravity and the thing is long with slicks and no suspension. That is a purpose built asphalt drag bike.AWESOME!!!!!!!!

CartmanKXT250
01-20-2003, 02:38 AM
Do you drag race mike?
Cheez does, I'm sure he would know.

I'd say it's a crappy design......I wouldnt take it in the sand thats for sure...maybe a nice groomed track, but definatly not out in a whooped up dragstrip..

OldSchoolin86
01-20-2003, 08:27 AM
What the hell is going on here? This guy made a perfect drag bike and you guys are saying it's crap.? Do you guys even know what one is supossed to look like? Mike was right it's an asphalt bike not an off road machine.

ATC crazy
01-20-2003, 11:26 AM
Exactly, that thing was built for one thing; Asphalt drags. Not sand drags or off-road riding. Just because it looks like a quad doesn't mean it was meant to be used like one. I think it was designed perfectly for what it was meant for.

FullBore
01-20-2003, 06:00 PM
Yeah, it is Defo a dragster quad for straight aphsalt, I would think it'll go rather well but not offroad or anything. The engine mounts are terrible, did they get the workshop junior to weld it or what? the footpegs are at the wrong angle for what they were designed for and if it was run on a sand drag it would need a serious airfilter with the positioning of the turbo. The inlet pipe also wants to be properly made, I can see those welds blowing under full boost.

Nat

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-20-2003, 06:29 PM
is this all you people can do is critisize other peoples work? mike was right, i bet it is AWESOME at what its made for ,
and the foot pegs and all that...how can you judge them untill you actually sit on it and feel how it is?, the welds look pretty good to me..its not like he says "this will jump 10 foot dunes and woops", he states its for drag racing....., i would like some of you guys that call this machine crap to try and build one, THEN post of a pic of yours, so that we can all critisize your work and point out every single little blemish and mistake,

...so untill you make one thats better than this and everything, and you have a pic to prove it, then i think you should stop putting down there work, i bet it took alot of work to make that, and i bet there proud

-Jared

djcheez
01-20-2003, 08:53 PM
ok my friends, this is what a drag quad should resemble, though this is an older pic. and it sits a few inches high, i have recently lowered the front end 3 inches. the motor was mounted exceptionally well, the welds were awesome, and it can go asphalt as well as dirt, im not just saying it either. i did not do the actual welding, however i was there to oversee it to make sure it was done proffessional. as i stated before, that was poor design in mounting that motor and the welding was kind of shitty. anyone can stuff a motor in anything and call it a drag quad, but can they do it to make it look proffessional. not that my bike is perfect nor the best, but it was done very proffessionally.[/img] how bout them apples.....jared?