PDA

View Full Version : NorthWest Ohio Ice Storm...

Derrick Adams
01-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Well last week we had 18" of snow in one night, then last night we awoke to the sound of falling trees. Here's the carnage we have to deal with for the next couple days.

If you look in the first shot you'll see my phone line ripped of the house.( That branch actually shook the house when it hit it.) In the second shot you can see my power wires ripped loose from the house and laying on the ground (amazingly still attached). I'm one of the fortunate ones that still has power.( But barely, we can only use the lights and small stuff, the appliances don't work.)

All because the neighbors wouldn't trim the trees. Bet they trim them now!

dooner17
01-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Thats prety crazy, we had one of those storms here in NB once. That 18" must have melted fast

Howdy
01-06-2005, 11:00 PM
The snow melted very fast. Not only are we dealing with freezing rain we also have flooding problems again. Last I heard some people locally here will be without power for days until they can get to them. We are lucky our power isn't out here in this part of town. The shop has been without power since 9PM last night. Our rarely used generator is paying off now. It's running 24/7 until the power comes back on for Pickle.
You can still hear trees breaking 12 hours after the freezing rain stopped. Yea, It's a real mess. After spending the day trying to help other people out I must head to work ( I got bills to pay also ).
Howdy

TimSr
01-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Wow, I must be in the right place. It just missed us by a few miles to the North and to the South. I do have a pond in my backyard now, though.

Dammit!
01-07-2005, 03:07 AM
Where in NW Ohio do you live? I grew up in Toledo. :beer

Howdy
01-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Where in NW Ohio do you live? I grew up in Toledo. :beer
I live in Celina, Ohio it's about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs South-Southwest of Toledo. One the West side of Grand Lake St Mary's.
Howdy

Derrick Adams
01-07-2005, 10:07 AM
I'm 1 1-2hr from Toledo in a town called Bucyrus. Most people know it for the "Bratwurst Festival". I drive thru Toledo all the time on my way to Monroe, MI.
Great Zoo up there for the kids.