PDA

View Full Version : Best $16 You'll ever spend!

Pistonhead
01-07-2005, 05:58 PM
I found it today finally! PANTERA: Cowboys From Hell! If you're a metal head like me you NEED this album. :beer

AZ250R
01-07-2005, 06:21 PM
BEST $16 you'll ever spend :beer
YES, it WAS.... but like almost a decade & a half ago!?!?!? :p
http://www.phxdata.com/mike/avatar/dimebag.gif
"Dimebag" Darrell Abbott R.I.P. YOU METAL GOD!!! :w00t:

Pistonhead
01-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Well, I'm 15 so it came out when I was born, now its pretty hard to find new. R.I.P. Dimebag you are godlike!

Blown 331
01-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Hell yeah I've got Power Metal, Cowboys from hell, Vulgar display of power, Far Beyond Driven, Great Southern Trendkill, Reinventing the steel, and Live 101 proof.

How is Cowboys from hard to find? It's everywhere? I haven't hardly been anywhere that didn't sell it.

Mobular
01-07-2005, 07:53 PM
You've got to get their vids. 3 is hilarious! Watch it go!

AZ250R
01-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Well, I'm 15 so it came out when I was born, now its pretty hard to find new. R.I.P. Dimebag you are godlike!
Thats Cool man! :cool: I'm just glad to see the kids of today with some taste in METAL!!! & its still my favorite Pantera disk. :beer

Pistonhead
01-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Thats Cool man! :cool: I'm just glad to see the kids of today with some taste in METAL!!! & its still my favorite Pantera disk. :beer

No kidding man! I just can't stand any of that rap junk, give me an awesome shredder, heavy drumming, some tough base, and thrash lyrics and I'm a happy dude! I also love Slayer, Metallica, White Zombie, Megadeth, and Iron Maiden among others. Suprisingly Pantera Cd's around here are somewhat hard to come by, along with other metal that isn't 3-chord, Metallica is easy to find, but the first store I went to had no Pantera, the second shop (that is an exclusively music store) only had one Pantera cd, which now sits on my shelf when not in my stereo!!!! :beer

Mobular
01-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Check out Wolf, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Fight, most any Halford, Iced Earth, and Annihilator just to name a few.

Been listening to this stuff since 84ish.........

Pistonhead
01-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Yep, I'll definitely be buying more pantera to add to my rock collection. The funny thing is for Gym at school we use the weight room a whole lot, and they've got a stereo up there, so they usually play the radio, and all the other kids are like put it to the local rap station which drives me nuts. So I bring my CD player, and when the rest are going: "hi, my name is what, my name is" or some other thing to the "music" I'm pumpin' the iron goin: Give me fuel, give fire, give me that which I desire! I just don't see how you can rock out and get pumped by rap. So although most people my age may think my music is "out" I know better... I can also bench more than 2 times what they can!!!!

Dammit!
01-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Too bad you'll never see them live. They put on a fun show.

a-camp
01-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Bread Fan helps you jump higher on your trike. Or Bad Religion( Only Destiny ), thats more for desert riding.

Pistonhead
01-07-2005, 10:57 PM

I know, but then again I'll never see Lynyrd Skynyrd live either. Oh well.

Quickonstep
01-07-2005, 11:12 PM

HERE HERE! saw pantera and white zombie in lewiston maine in a tiny tiny bar like place... place fit MAYBE 200 people.. one of the best shows ive ever been to

Jesse

Pistonhead
01-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Pantera AND White Zombie, it sounds like heaven

Quickonstep
01-08-2005, 12:00 AM
lol ive seen white zombie a few times... sepultura... etc etc etc the list goes on lol

Jesse

MTS
01-08-2005, 12:35 AM
No kidding man! I just can't stand any of that rap junk, give me an awesome shredder, heavy drumming, some tough base, and thrash lyrics and I'm a happy dude! I also love Slayer, Metallica, White Zombie, Megadeth, and Iron Maiden among others. Suprisingly Pantera Cd's around here are somewhat hard to come by, along with other metal that isn't 3-chord, Metallica is easy to find, but the first store I went to had no Pantera, the second shop (that is an exclusively music store) only had one Pantera cd, which now sits on my shelf when not in my stereo!!!! :beer
Dude, i know exactly what you mean, cept the part about benchin twice what they can.....i cant LOL

Blown 331
01-08-2005, 09:53 AM
I know, but then again I'll never see Lynyrd Skynyrd live either. Oh well.

Skynard played in St. Louis last year. And in December I went to a Cemetary Gates concert- Pantera tribute. It wasn't even really them but it was by far the best concert I've ever seen. Tonight I'm going to see a Rage Against the Machine tribute band.

trikezilla
01-09-2005, 08:25 PM

hey, yeah! im 15 too and panterra is one of my favorite bands- anyband that plays good heavy metal is a good band!