PDA

View Full Version : Not a bad little fish!

Pistonhead
01-07-2005, 06:18 PM
This 1,000 lb great white was caught in the Barklay Sound (Uclulet B.C.) a few days ago. The fisherman were looking for six-gill sharks when they caught this beast, it came in rather calmly, but when they got it to the boat, it started to swin the other direction-AT 7 KNOTS there was plenty too much water coming over the stern of the boat when the fish finally died-just before they were going to cut the rope! I've been fishing in those waters, and seen plenty surfers there, scary!

Wickedfinger
01-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Holy Crap!.

TrikeKid
01-08-2005, 03:23 AM
could someone explain to me why you'd go fishing for sharks in the first place?

wheeler boys
01-08-2005, 07:51 AM
Dude its a blast...That shark is massive... That would be scary to have that thing fly into the boat though lol

twgranger
01-08-2005, 09:36 AM
wow that thing is huge.

a-camp
01-08-2005, 11:27 AM
I live to fish for sharks . I go Thresher fishing once a week in summer.I get alot of Macos around hear . Tourn. are big in these parts.

Pistonhead
01-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Shark fishing is the only fishing that I have found to be tougher than catfishing. Those suckers pull like crazy! And I've only caught small sharks (4.5' max), if youre used to walleyes and trout or even salmon, the sharks give you a hell of a suprise! The Barkley sound isn't exactly calm waters either, barely protected from the far outside Pacific, huge surf, its a pretty cool area. When I was last there, I was in the surf shop and the guys were like: we are too far north for great whites, we only get six-gills, dogfish, and small mako's. Haha yeah right. The surfing is sweet there though, especially in summer.

threewheelin-feelin
01-08-2005, 07:02 PM
damn lmao :eek:

Mr. Sandman
01-08-2005, 08:36 PM
could someone explain to me why you'd go fishing for sharks in the first place?
Because they're good eatin'!

Pistonhead
01-08-2005, 09:07 PM
They taste like chicken, not joking.

mymint87
01-09-2005, 02:32 AM
shark fishing is a blood sport.....

I'm in awe of the Earth's Oceans...with an average temperature of minus 3 degrees, it holds an abundance of life.......trippy

a-camp
01-09-2005, 11:25 AM
I am not so close minded to anything . I released 23 threshers last year valuable info seeing how we dont have any. Same with any tag program. Your fighting the wrong battle longline boats in Mexico, Saners And floating factories from Japan are fishing one species after another to extinction and your protesting sport fishing. You will be closing Dunes next.

ATC crazy
01-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Hmmmm...I wonder if my Ugly Stick and 6lb test would hold up to that big boy!?

LMAO

BigGreenMachine
01-09-2005, 02:47 PM
I think the first pic would make for a good caption contest.

That is amazing.

Ace Mon
01-14-2005, 09:41 PM
I Dunno , catchin' the thing is one thing but do you really have to kill it ? I went down is a shark-cage when I was in Hawaii back in Oct. It was an awesome expierence . A 14 tigershark showed up . The capt. put on a mask and dove in with a camera . they had no interest in him at all . The expierence of catchin one must be awesome , but I dare say I would release it . And I fish all of the time . Have pics of me with may sturgeon . I dont keep them all though . But what a fight . Ace.