PDA

View Full Version : ebay advise

mike from long island
01-11-2005, 12:28 AM
do you think it is better to put ever part that i sell in its proper category?? like plastic in body, wireharness in electrical a-arms in suspension. i mean it will take a little longer to insert all the parts i have usually i just put parts in atv everything else. will i have more viewings if i do and maybe sell more its/get more bids?? what do you all think??? thanks mike

xtremez
01-11-2005, 02:25 AM
usually i look for the make like 200x,tri z, etc. etc. It is alot easier and i think you would get alot more bids if you put it in a list by make model etc.etc.or what it fits.example (banshee a-arms),(tri-z stator)and so forth.

__________________________________________________ ____________
2-85 Tri-z's
85 honda 200x
89 blaster
93 blaster
2002 katana
1982 katana

Scubapro5
01-11-2005, 03:51 AM
Its worth the time to put the part in the right catagory and also remember to put key words in your title like the make,model,part,name etc...

RacerRichie
01-11-2005, 06:11 AM
No its not worth it. List by machine. same hits with more of then right buyers...

ScottZJ
01-11-2005, 09:07 AM
Key words in the body of your post is where you will benifit the most. Put every thing you could think of that is related to that part. I usually put it in small text at the bottom of the auction and also state "for search only". This helps when users click search title & description, it will find any word that is listed in there.

TimSr
01-11-2005, 10:40 AM
About half the parts really dont have a proper category. I try, but in reality, youre not going to do well searching parts by catagory. I think everybody searches with key words. For any given part, I simply ask myself what words I would type in a search if I were looking for it, and make sure they appear in the subject line. Parts category searches only work for more universal items such as tires.

StangLX302
01-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Try to fill up the title with as much info as possible. Avoid things like "LOOK" and "NICE" and "CLEAN" because nobody is ever going to type in "NICE carburetor 185s" or "LOOK Honda muffler" in the search box. Also, find out for yourself what other machines the part you are selling fits on. Also, think about how people do the searches. Here is an example from when I sold my extra 185s carburetor:

Honda ATC 185 185s 200 200s Carb Carburetor

This will cover a lot of different terms being entered by the person looking. I got a lot more hits of this one because people entering "185s carburetor" and "200s carburetor" all saw my auction. That one did quit well actually.

One more thing: Sounds funny but, spell everything in the title correctly!!! I've seen this many times on eBay. Nobody is going to do a search for a "Honda Muffaler" Plus it makes you sound dumb. Spell check is a wonderful thing.

350x'inNY
01-11-2005, 02:41 PM
If you are selling other 'ATC' items such as toys, clothing, manuals, etc, I'd definitely put them in the correct category!

Bruce

rman
01-19-2005, 12:26 PM
About half the parts really dont have a proper category. I try, but in reality, youre not going to do well searching parts by catagory. I think everybody searches with key words. For any given part, I simply ask myself what words I would type in a search if I were looking for it, and make sure they appear in the subject line. Parts category searches only work for more universal items such as tires.
i have to aggree with timsr any time i search for something for myself i use keywords i dont even go to the category