PDA

View Full Version : EBAY: Don't buy parts from r6_300z

StangLX302
01-11-2005, 01:19 AM
I paid this guy through Paypal over a week ago for a part for my 185s. I paid the minute he sent me the invoice. I have sent him SEVERAL emails asking him when he is going to ship it. The one time he did write me back, he claimed that "snow and ice" is preventing him from getting up to the Post Office. We'll, this is a bunch of B.S. I live in Michigan and we get more than our share of snow and ice here. I sold a couple of things last week and sent them out the very next day. So, you mean to tell me this guy has been trapped in his house, which is covered by "snow and ice" for 8 days now??
I just wanted to give members on here a heads up. If I don't hear from him by tommorrow, I'm reporting it to eBay. I'll update this if I hear anything else.

x.system
01-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I think you are getting ahead of yourself here. Just because we get snow and ice in MI doesn't mean everyone else knows how to drive in it. Some states get shut down with as little as a couple inches and they don't have the equipment to remove it quick enuff. I wouldn't judge our weather conditions to someone elses. I think Ebay rules state a seller should ship the part within 7 days of payment. With that said, I don't know this seller you are talking about or his/her feedback status but you can normally tell what kind of person they are by the feedback rating, weather he ships fast or slow. He should respond to your emails but sending a bunch of the same emails is not going to do any good. Be patient grasshopper :Bounce

I know I can't ship every day a part is sold but I do try to get parts out within 2 days of payment. In the summer months when I'm working more I only ship once or twice a week but I state that in my auctions. Always read feedback before you buy or you will get burnt.

EXAMPLE *** I bought a part from intoglamis I think it was, has very high feedback rating (in the thousands) I know these guys sell alot of parts so I knew it would take them a while to ship. After two weeks I emailed them asking if the part had been shipped yet. They're reply was sorry, your fender was broken while packaging, (yea right) and that they had to order me a new one and would ship it asap. I did get the fender a month later. They lost a customer taking so long with shipping but I did get the part I payed for.

StangLX302
01-11-2005, 11:11 AM
The main reason I'm upset is the lack of communication. I'm not in a huge hurry for the part. I wouldn't mind waiting. Just tell me WHY I'm waiting. When someone promises they will get back to me on Saturday and doesn't even try, that's when I get really P.O.'d.

P.S. The guy only had a feedback rating of 2. But I figured I'd give him a shot, because we all had to start out somewhere. The total sale with shipping was under $20.00. So, I figured the risk wasn't all that great. The point here is not about the money at all, just the lack of proffesionalism.

StangLX302
01-13-2005, 05:03 PM
WOW!! He finally sent me a tracking number last night. He had a different excuse as to why he could not get to the P.O. each day. I actually think that he was mad that the part went for so cheap and he didn't want to send it to me.
Oh well, we'll see if the part actually makes it here and it's the part I paid for. He's got a bunch of 185s parts for sale right now. Don't bid if your in a hurry for something. I filed a Paypal claim and I'll drop it if and when it gets here.