PDA

View Full Version : My job

smokinwrench
01-13-2005, 12:25 AM
Two of us have been working on this beast this week. We finally got it running tonight. It just got shipped in from Saudi Arabia, it went by boat to Houston then trucked up to us. It is the biggest dozer cat builds. This one is a 91 or 92 model so it isn't as good as the newest ones. The guy standing up by the engine is 6' tall so that gives you an idea of the size of the engine compartment. The blade is 22' wide and wieghs right at 20,000 lbs. This is the first one I've ever seen or worked on so I thought it was kinda cool, until I started lifting parts, everything is heavy.

KASEY
01-13-2005, 01:44 AM
you da man wrench,,,,,,those d11's are bad ass you can flat move some dirt with those,,, i have ran a 10 but not an 11,,,, maybe someday,,,,i have ben in the cat simulator which is supose to b a 11 but its not even the same as a real cat,,,, we are going to the conagg show in vegas this year so i will get to run the similator again ,,,,,

x.system
01-13-2005, 02:05 AM
Whens the show in vegas? I am going to tell the boss I want to go. I've ran the 11, 9, and all the smaller dozers but I prefer the excavators. I restored an old cable operated 10, that thing was sweet, had a 15ft blade and would move alot of dirt for an antique. It had a small motor called a pony motor that you had to start to get the main engine to fire. I took 20 feet off the top of a hill that was about an acre big in 5 days with that old girl. The 11 was just amazing, was used to strip the top layer off to get to the sand in a pit. I only ran that one for a couple days. Now im running a little 320 excavator. I would like to go south and run some of the big equipment they use in the quarys.

foster
01-13-2005, 09:00 AM
I see they put a "track kit" on it so it float over the snow. . .
;)

trikerider2oo7
01-13-2005, 05:07 PM
they all have tracks on them. back hoes ahve wheels but all dozers that i know of have tracks

OldSchoolin86
01-13-2005, 05:22 PM
they all have tracks on them. back hoes ahve wheels but all dozers that i know of have tracks
I think he was joking.

ATC crazy
01-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Man, I bet you hate your job Smokin'...

There is a D9 next to the road in the city and I pass by it just about every day and it makes my van look small. Its huge!

Pistonhead
01-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Man that D11 is one bad ass kitty! Sweet!

a-camp
01-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Only drove a D6 H so far. I wasted my back doing that. I miss smashing larg rocks in the ground. Up to 14 inches. That 11 looks like a bad boy.

smokinwrench
01-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Man, I bet you hate your job Smokin'...

Actually this time of year I hate my job. I hate cold weather and I work outside all day everyday. Tomarrow is supposed to be a high temp of 9 degrees and I have to rebuild the hydraulic pumps on a 627F(twin engine scraper). Days like that are long and miserable in the winter.

84honda 200X
01-14-2005, 12:16 AM
My dad works on the pipeline jobs and has ran a D11 those things are bad ass!!! I got to ride in it and i loved it!!
QUOTE:they all have tracks on them. back hoes ahve wheels but all dozers that i know of have tracksQUOTE: Dude theres only a few back hoes that have wheels. And they are little ones.

Pistonhead
01-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Actually this time of year I hate my job. I hate cold weather and I work outside all day everyday. Tomarrow is supposed to be a high temp of 9 degrees and I have to rebuild the hydraulic pumps on a 627F(twin engine scraper). Days like that are long and miserable in the winter.

One time when someone I know was workin on an oil lease a guy drove a cat through the ice, a day later the service guy came with another cat from Finning Cat (the dealer) They used the cat to haul the other one out, then that poor trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro had to drain out all the fluids in that cat and get her running at around -40!!!!

03 ORANGE SHEE
01-14-2005, 11:16 PM
i run a 53 c, and a d-5g, its just alittle bigger than mine...hehehehe :D

honda200boyatc
01-16-2005, 12:02 AM
my dad used to work up in silver bay MN he ran some big thinks up there then he worked out in north dakota for a summer. them he worked up in vergina for a few years. then he went and worked at a blasting plant. them he went back to silver bay till he got layed off he work with all the biggins out there and he loved it.