PDA

View Full Version : ATV's make a mark

ATC crazy
01-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Check it out:

http://www.newsregister.com/news/results.cfm?story_no=186649

Pistonhead
01-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Sweet, theres a Z in the background between the 2 guys in the picture.

foster
01-14-2005, 07:51 AM
Not to dump on those guys, but every May we in New Brunswick hold an ATV Jamboree, and every year we get almost 1,000 ATVs in our annual parade, right through the middle of downtown.
All the best to those fellows, because I applaud anyone who raises the profile of the ATVing community.
But world record? Not even close.
http://www.umce.ca/clubvttnordouest/jam5.jpg

Then we go on a trail ride. Imagine, if you can, an intimate little day-long trail ride and bbq with just 1,000 of your closest friends! :D
http://www.umce.ca/clubvttnordouest/jam2.jpg

foster
01-14-2005, 07:57 AM
Not many trikes, though, sadly, as you can see. But there are a few of us diehards in there.

http://www.umce.ca/clubvttnordouest/jam6.jpg

P.S. We need johnswinehart to come up here and feed us!

bigredhead
01-14-2005, 09:53 AM
I'll be there this year on the SX.. might try and get a friend to ride the Big Red too.

I beleive it's a 200k ride or so, that would suck on a hard tail.. but hey..... i provide the trike.. they can provide the spine !!.. LOL...

ATC crazy
01-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Well Foster, I think you should write Guinness Book of Records and let them know when the next ride is :D

foster
01-14-2005, 11:23 AM
We've told the good folks at Guiness all about this run, several times. For some reason (I can't recall) they aren't interested.
I'll see if I can dig up info on why Guiness World Book didn't want to recognize this annual run. If I can find it, I'll [post it.

bigredhead
01-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey foster.. we should make an effort to create a trike presence this year !!!

I'll have my SX. and my 84 big red.. and if i still own it my 82 can go as well... but i wonder about the registration and insurance factor.... hmmmmm that might be a problem, i bet the cops will be out in full force !!!

Rob would come on his 185, my friend on his 200m ( but he'd have to be at the back of the pack with the smokey engine !!!.. LOL....

foster
01-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Oops, my mistake. I guess we ARE in the book!

WOODSTOCK - It wasn't as many as organizers had hoped for but more than 800 ATVs revved, waved and cheered their way into the history books over the weekend at the New Brunswick ATV Federation jamboree.

Volunteers counted as 817 ATVs drove down Connell Road in Woodstock Saturday morning to kick off the three-day sporting event, said federation executive member Don Calhoun.

With 1,200 vehicles in last year's parade they had hoped for 1,500 ATVs, but will still make it into the Guinness Book of World Records since no previous record had been set.

"We're calling it a huge success," Calhoun said. It went really well. The numbers were down a little bit from last year but overall it was a great time."

There were 1600 registrants for Saturday's rally.
This is the report from the 2003 Jamboree. I can't find the report from the 2004 party. But I know for a fact there were more bikes in '04 than there was in 2003.
Last year's even was held very close to the New Brunswick/Quebec/Maine border, so they were able to draw more people from those three provinces and states -- and well beyond. It will be held in the same place again this year and organizers anticipate even more bikes.

Bigredhead, make your reservations for accomodations early, man! Not sure if I can make it this year, but I'm going to try. 200km on a hardtail, eh? I can do that. I might not be able to make the next day's ride, though!

foster
01-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Hey foster.. we should make an effort to create a trike presence this year !!!

I'll have my SX. and my 84 big red.. and if i still own it my 82 can go as well... but i wonder about the registration and insurance factor.... hmmmmm that might be a problem, i bet the cops will be out in full force !!!

Rob would come on his 185, my friend on his 200m ( but he'd have to be at the back of the pack with the smokey engine !!!.. LOL....
I'm really going to make an effort. I'm hoping I'll be on vacation that week, because I'll need a week to recover. It would be VERY cool to show up with trikes in full force.
BTW, you can count on registration and insurance being an issue. You have to put your plate number and some kind of proof of insurance on your registration forms. Sorry to tell you.

foster
01-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Ok, I told a lie.
Registration is mandatory. However the organizers will NOT be checking for insurance. You will, however, be asked to sign a paper waiving them from any responsibility if, errrr I mean when, we hurt ourselves.
Fair 'nuff.
The other good news is the cost went down by $10 for 2005, to $40 per person for the 4-day event, or US$32, or $60 per couple with two bikes, or US$48.
Daily passes are $15 or US$12.
The schedule of events aren't out yet, but as usual, the fun starts on Thurs., May 20 and ends Monday, May 23.

bigredhead
01-14-2005, 12:07 PM
That's awsome. I'll have my sx restored and registered and insured by that time for sure... hoping to have the nicest SX in the crowd !!!

My neighbor goes every year, they camp overnight usually !