PDA

View Full Version : Anybody on here mess around with sandrails?

atczack
01-15-2005, 06:12 PM
I got this junker for a good price. When I got it, it had a homemade wooden bench seat with camo material for a seat cover. When I sat in it my feet were about 12" away from the pedals so I ripped out the bench seat and got new bucket seat's. When I put them in I realized the top rollbar was about an inch above my head, if I was to hit a bump, I would bounce up and hit my head. Sooooo, I cut the rollbar's off and bought some new tubing and bent them to the shape they are now and mocked them up. I just have to finish cutting the top rollbars and weld it all together. Now I'm to the point where when I have the time, I don't have the money, and when I have the money I don't have the time. It's the same story with my trike's. I have too many project's. Do any of you mess around with sandrail's or any other hobby beside's trike's?

a-camp
01-15-2005, 06:44 PM
I need a four seater . Working on rails is a every morning project in camp.Play hard weld early. Dont have one to work on at home yet. I need a new pit to though money into.lol

atczack
01-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Cool man, I want to eventually make this one street legal. The weather is just about alway's good enough for sandrail's in Fla. Good luck on finding your new money pit.

MTS
01-15-2005, 07:30 PM
im buliding a mini sanrail i suppose you could call it more of a go-kart cuze i got no sand LOL with a sx650 motor, gokarts are fun to build and play with, i eventually want to build a big one, one of thses days, but im like you too many projects and not enough money lol

Pistonhead
01-15-2005, 07:42 PM
im buliding a mini sanrail i suppose you could call it more of a go-kart cuze i got no sand LOL with a sx650 motor, gokarts are fun to build and play with, i eventually want to build a big one, one of thses days, but im like you too many projects and not enough money lol

A buddy and me are planning on building a kart during the summer when its warmer and there is more money, more finished trike, less school, and more new truck paint.

Trike Dude
01-19-2005, 01:04 AM
I have a nice '89 Honda Pilot I really have a good time riding in all conditions.

a-camp
01-19-2005, 01:10 AM
The 1 seaters with the Merc. outboards ripp. I have a bro who owns sand cars unlimeted.He builds the cars at my brothers camp.

MIK6
01-19-2005, 01:43 AM
I have an older Barrian 902 shortback rail that I rebuilt as a street rail. I have a fiberglass buggy too. Its a 70 Berry Mini T4, I have only been able to find 4 on line is 7 years of searching.
I can try to post picts, but I never get it rite LOL.
Wow I don't have any pictures of them on the computer, I will have to try to scan a few.

MIK6 / Mike