PDA

View Full Version : Service Honda

Dammit!
01-16-2005, 10:06 PM
I ordered a front tire from service honda last week. After I placed the order the page said I would be getting an e-mail from a salesperson with the final price including shipping. I got nothing. This page didn't even give me an order number. I e-mailed them and no response. And just for good measure I have to say that is the crappiest web site I've ever used. My god who designed that thing.

Anyway, I know a lot of you guys have ordered from them before so I was wondering, is this the normal routine? Obvioulsy I'm going to have to call them tomorrow but I was wanting to know what kind of service others have gotten and, did you use their site to order or just call? I definitely will not be ordering anything using that web site again. Hell I can't even find what I'm looking for most of the time. Anybody have a direct link to the 1986 250R section by any chance?

NICKG
01-16-2005, 10:19 PM
i just call them, i never use their site...it's just easier to confirm things on the phone.

350x'inNY
01-16-2005, 10:25 PM
i just call them, i never use their site...it's just easier to confirm things on the phone.

Me too..... What I usually do is have all the Honda partnumbers, desc, and prices listed out. (Basically print out a unsubmitted "shopping cart") Then call therm. 1-800-828-5498

Sometimes their website says something is not discontinued, but I always call in the order, cause then they check out the HONDA inventory direct while you are on the phone with them.

Bruce

x.system
01-16-2005, 10:30 PM
I do the same thing, get my part numbers then call. I've tried using the website and have had the same problems you are describing. Plus its nice to know right then and there if the parts are discontinued or not. Alot of the parts say they are still available but thier not. I don't think they update that very often.

Dammit!
01-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Well. I was just taking a bag of leaves I left on the side of the house out to the dumpster and out of the corner of my eye, a brand new front tire! Not in any kind of packaging or anything. Just laying under a bush with a shipping label on it. I remember seeing the fedex truck pull away last Thursday. I even looked around for one of those "sorry we missed you" notes that they leave when nobody answers the door and didn't find the tire or anything else. It's been sitting out there since then. Glad it didn't rain. I like my new tires to be clean.

Wickedfinger
01-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Well. I was just taking a bag of leaves I left on the side of the house out to the dumpster and out of the corner of my eye, a brand new front tire! Not in any kind of packaging or anything. Just laying under a bush with a shipping label on it. I remember seeing the fedex truck pull away last Thursday. I even looked around for one of those "sorry we missed you" notes that they leave when nobody answers the door and didn't find the tire or anything else. It's been sitting out there since then. Glad it didn't rain. I like my new tires to be clean.
Dude, thats a little freaky - I'd be damned sure to check your invoice to make sure everythings kosher - that they didn't just recharge your card for extra shipping without your knowledge.

Dammit!
01-17-2005, 04:11 PM
The invoice that was taped to it shows the correct shipping charge (8 bucks). I'll check my CC statement too though but just the fact that it was left in that way and sent without any kind of confirmation is a little unnerving. I sent them an e-mail friday with no response yet. Would be kind of funny if another one shows up without me getting charged anything for it but my luck never works that way. At that price I'd probably just keep it if I got a second one and got charged for it.

Now if I can find the slow leak on my right back tire, I'll have a complete set of non-leaking tires for the first time in years. :D

The front tire I'm replacing by the way is the ORIGINAL tire that came on the bike if you can believe that. It's got about 6 plugs in it and still leaks like crazy. Amazing that it has that much tread left. Might have something to do with the fact that it rarely ever hits the ground. :w00t:

x.system
01-17-2005, 04:20 PM
what was the total on it? I don't feel like looking it up :D I picked up a couple stock rears for about 50 each from a local dealer.

Dammit!
01-17-2005, 04:22 PM
$40 plus $8 shipping. Not bad at all.

skippy
01-17-2005, 08:34 PM
in service honda's defense,, a bunch of their guys were on vacation over the holidays.. and things are running behind, and not the the high degree of "service" they usually have.. I have ordered over $10k in stuff from them over the last 8 years and they have been great!! I dont go anywhere else for OEM stuff! Just email Pooh next time and he will deal w you personally and professionaly!!

Dammit!
01-17-2005, 09:50 PM
I'll just call next time. It obviously got sent. I would have just liked to have order and tracking numbers after I placed the order. Somebody did respond to the e-mail finally too. No biggie. It won't scare me away from using them again. I just don't like the clunky web site.

Probably gonna order one of those black gas tanks here pretty soon before they end up discontinued.