PDA

View Full Version : snow in the nc

rman
01-19-2005, 12:10 PM
well it is finally trying to snow in nc. hoping we can get some accumilation so i can get some snow riding in on the mojave. now that i am layed off work for a few weeks i can get plenty of riding in, so hopefully the snow hits good on us :Bounce

trikerider2oo7
01-19-2005, 12:14 PM
we finally got some snow here too...cant wait to get out and ride...gotta throw a new transfer case into the s10 first though

rman
01-19-2005, 12:22 PM
i am also suppose to be picking up a 97 z71 from my mother in law this week so instead of the vette i will have a fourwheel drive another toy for the snow and mud :Bounce

YAMAHA_Jim
01-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey Rman,havent seen you here for awhile. Glad to hear your havin fun in the snow.I have about 8-10 inches of old frozen snow on the ground and its snowing now,3-4 inches of new snow :)
....Wouldnt bother me if I never saw snow again. I'm tired of plowing the crap.

twgranger
01-19-2005, 10:33 PM
I was in NC for christmas and it snowed. What a shitty vacation.

VABCH350X
01-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Man, we got that little dusting here in Virginia Beach too, took me an hour to go to the barber shop this evening (2 miles), and I must have seen 8 or 10 bad wrecks on the way. Ridiculous!

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=80793&ran=218562

rman
01-20-2005, 06:49 AM
I was in NC for christmas and it snowed. What a shitty vacation.must have been in the mountains. for xmas well we didnt get any just a dusting also but they are calling for 2 inches tonight so hopefully i'll be roosting some snow tommorrow

(Hey Rman,havent seen you here for awhile.)hey jim yea it has been awhile was working long hours at work for a few months now i am laid off. you get sick of all that snow send some this way :Bounce

twgranger
01-20-2005, 10:32 AM
must have been in the mountains. for xmas well we didnt get any just a dusting also but they are calling for 2 inches tonight so hopefully i'll be roosting some snow tommorrow

(Hey Rman,havent seen you here for awhile.)hey jim yea it has been awhile was working long hours at work for a few months now i am laid off. you get sick of all that snow send some this way :BounceIt was by sanford.

markdb420
01-20-2005, 10:59 AM
I was working out of town near washington DC for Verizon and they let us leave at 1PM after it had been snowing since 8AM. It took 9 hours to get home to Va Beach. I sat in parking lot conditions on I-95 south for 5 hours. It took 5 hours to go 5 miles. 10 to 12 semis had wrecked with about 10-15 passenger cars where I-95 meets I-295 near Richmond. I counted about 150+ cars and trucks wrecked on my trip yesterday. It normally takes 3.5 hours. Atleast I was making double time ($56.00/hr) for almost the whole trip. People in VA have a hard time driving in the snow! LOL. There isn't hardly enough snow to mess with around here in Va Beach, unlike the day after X-mas. Oh well I have some things to do in the shop anyway.