PDA

View Full Version : How long can EBAY last???

Dirtcrasher
01-17-2003, 03:53 PM
I know E will be there for a loooooong time, but take my trike 250SX. At any given day I can find dozens of items on there, some I want to buy just in case. I've only been there for about 3 yrs. and it hasn't slowed down yet. How long could it possibly last?? How many 250SX's are in this planet??

mudfreak99
01-17-2003, 06:04 PM
LOL, I know what you mean, the same thing with 200x parts... hey since you have a 250sx, how much is a rear end worth? I have a fram with the rear end on it but the frame was tweaked a little.

Instinctz
01-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Well ebay was very bright when they first started, and who ever made it up. There are a few run off's of ebay, but none are as popular. That is the goal of any web site, be the first, be the biggest, and be the last.

I think ebay is here to stay, unlike most company's, their costs for provided the customer service, is verry verry cheap. A little dedicated web hosting here, some adverstising there.. the most expensive thing they have for them is probably hosting.

So aslong as there are people wantin to sell stuff, ebay will be there.. hehe. I think the same parts keep re apearing because person A buys them, then sales them again to person B, who then sells to person C.. ect.. ect... IT NEVER ENDS :rolleyes:

Dirtcrasher
01-17-2003, 09:14 PM
LOL, I know what you mean, the same thing with 200x parts... hey since you have a 250sx, how much is a rear end worth? I have a fram with the rear end on it but the frame was tweaked a little.

I got a diff off EBAY for 70$ and an axle for 40$, there both right around there. Whole rears fetch 150$ +. One guy had a BRAND NEW rear on there, zinc coating and all. Not sure what he got. Someone here would love to have it!

mudfreak99
01-17-2003, 10:42 PM
well I have one forsale if anyone wants it... looks rusted, but it ain't locked up or anything.

Joel85350X
01-20-2003, 10:32 PM
I personally am a large fan of ebay. And to give you an idea of the value of the virtual company behind ebay...they bought cruise auction park a couple years ago. It went for many millions of dollars, but then ended up not being the publicity boost they were looking for, so they sold it at a 70% loss back to the original owners.

The average price sale on ebay is $89.32. Therfore, if they take 2% comission and charge about $1.50 to post the auction, they just made $3.29 without doing anything. Then multiply that number by how many auctions end every day...probably upward of 100,000 and you get $329,000 in one day. Pretty amazing how much they make from charging so little.

I know a guy who went door to door in his college apartment complex asking each person for $1 or $2 for a new parking lot. This place was low on parking, and students hated it. He ended up raising over $900, but nobody really realized that because they each just gave him $1 or so. A little from a lot makes a lot. Incidently, he is now serving jail time, because he did not put the money toward the parking lot...he didn't even work for the complex. Goofy shmuck!

:)