PDA

View Full Version : minnesota riders

BigReds Forever
10-15-2002, 09:00 PM
has anyone been to the new atv \ bike park up in northern mn? i was thinking of heading up once the red is running again.

PowerTrike
11-05-2002, 11:43 PM
I'm up it north central Minnesota............you mean the Spider Lake trails? or somewhere up by Hibbing?

:-D gotta love MN

hrc200x
12-08-2002, 06:25 PM
I think that ATV park is in Biwabik or Gilbert. Where do you guys live and what trikes do you have? I'm in Hibbing, MN right now, don't have any 3 wheelers here. They are in Grand Marais, MN. 4 350x's, '85 200x. There are tons of trials up here on the range, old mining roads, old rail roads, and you can even go down the paved road in town and they don't seem to care. Grand Marais is right on the tip of MN on lake superior. Its kind of a main access to the BWCA so its pretty much a tree hugger town, Lots of people moving there and so there is quite a few no tresspassing and private property signes. Its very sad to see. If you know of any 350x, 200x, 250r, Tiger, or atc 70's in MN or NW Wisconsin please let me know.

jeswinehart
12-08-2002, 08:37 PM
hrc200x. what is a "access to a bwca" ???
i gotta fill out my vacation requist soon, done the locale michigan stuff for many years along with indiana. wich are good,,, don't get me wrong friends... it's just time to get out of my neck of the woods.
this sounds very do-able for the mrs. and myself.

john

hrc200x
12-09-2002, 01:18 AM
The BWCA is the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. Its a HUGE piece of land only used for canoeing, no motors allowed. You can probably look at a map of MN and see how big it is. I also think Ely, MN is another access to the BWCA. Grand Maris, MN to city people is considered "the middle of nowhere". I took a friend of mine (he's from Minneapolis) on a 4 wheeler trip behind our house. We stopped in the woods and he said we're in the middle of nowhere. But to me its nothing major cause I grew up there.

The reason the BWCA makes me mad is because all these environmentalists have a nice big piece land to have fun on, but yet they still need to post our trails closed and try to close riding places, and won't let us open up new riding spots.

You might find some links to resorts and such at this site http://www.canoecountry.com/ and www.bwca.net

Do you live in Michigan? If so your not in the UP are ya?

jeswinehart
12-13-2002, 12:15 AM
hrc200x,,, i an in south west michigan. right on the indiana line,,, in fact i work in/out of elkhart ind.
got some plans in the works to dive/ride the copper harbor area of the u.p. first rode the upper mi. woods 2 years ago the wife and i did and it was fantastic ! they just treat you different up there.
that is why your post caught my eye. prefered riding is woodlands mixed with the what ever you encounter.
keep me in mind towards spring - summer -early fall. would like to add mn trails to our list.

john

01-18-2003, 10:13 PM
I live in Southern MN, and i own a Yamaha YTM 200. I know a few places around here to ride. There is an ATV trail in Jackson thats like 10 miles long. Never been there. But some of my personal favorite places to ride are on gravel pits. (ouch, it hurts not having rear shocks)[/quote]

Aaron2003
09-15-2003, 02:42 AM
i live sw of the cities i have been to Gilbert mn at the Iron Range mice place to ride but i didn't take my 3 wheeler at that time i went up there to wheel my jeep but it looks like it would be fun with the 250R

Aaron

hondawilly
09-30-2004, 10:23 PM
i live in mt iron they have gravel trails there and some that go into the woods and some muid pits i have never been there and i never want to go there but i have seen pictures of the place in the paper

hotroddal
11-02-2004, 09:54 PM
i live in mt iron minnesota and there alot of old mining trail and mud holes to ride in, also some gravel pits and hills and marshes and bogs, o and by the way that park does not allow trikes