PDA

View Full Version : Whats your opinon on a Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O?

ClayW
01-23-2005, 04:30 PM
What do you guys think about them. Good bike? Reliable? I rode one friday and was very impressed with it. What do you think? :beer

trikerider2oo7
01-23-2005, 04:33 PM
i agree....they are very good bikes. i have rode one several times. they are very reliable and willl go almost anywhere.

ClayW
01-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah it was fun. Buddy rode is 04 Suzuki Vinson 500 4X4. We swapped back and forth. The Polaris had a smooter ride and more power. The speedo sucked but other than that. :naughty:

MTS
01-23-2005, 09:08 PM
the 4x4 go's wonky on them, they dont stand up well to any kind of abuse niether.......and they weight 700lbs............................flip REALLY easy too

MIK6
01-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Most of my friends ride sportsmans. I like the ride of the Polaris, they give a great ride. I don't like the "on demand 4wd", there is a sensor in the left front hub that detects slippage, no 4wd unless it senses rite. No TURE 4wd as well (no locker). The guys keep ripping rear CV boots and we have had a few A-arms break.
I ride a Prarie700 that I love, but we picked up a sportsman 600 for the girlfriend. She does not hardcore mud it and is alot easier to the machine, it will last here for ever.

MIK6 / Mike

MTS
01-24-2005, 01:49 AM
Most of my friends ride sportsmans. I like the ride of the Polaris, they give a great ride. I don't like the "on demand 4wd", there is a sensor in the left front hub that detects slippage, no 4wd unless it senses rite. No TURE 4wd as well (no locker). The guys keep ripping rear CV boots and we have had a few A-arms break.
I ride a Prarie700 that I love, but we picked up a sportsman 600 for the girlfriend. She does not hardcore mud it and is alot easier to the machine, it will last here for ever.

MIK6 / Mike
ahh yes i forgot about the CV boots, we had a 02, it has riped 4 so far......so thats why the 4x4 sucks on them...haha and also the A arms are bent form when it flipped......nother note: if you do not keep the rubber boot on the starter cylinoid with a crap load of duct tape it WILL get wet, short and suck....haha

New2ATC
01-24-2005, 08:40 AM
my friend has a 700.. it has a nice ride, and it has plentyof tourque.. he put it in what he called "reverse overdrive" floored it, and it threw both of us forward.. in the snow the 2wd **edited**, but the 4wd gives good handeling.

REDMAN225
01-29-2005, 12:31 PM
the sportsman 500 is a great quad. the 500 h.o. engine is strong and reliable.

canadiandevil2
02-12-2005, 07:24 PM
they go through belts like there is no tommorow (and usually at the worst times). I go biking with 2 or 3 of them and at least one breaks down every time. although they are pretty fast they are not really good for any hardcore riding. my suggestion if you buy it is: keep some spare belts (and the tools to put them on) in the trunk. But at like 50 bucks a belt (CDN) that can get expensive

Maine_Triker
02-12-2005, 08:47 PM
I personaly dont like polaris, because stuff breaks on em'. As far as I am concerned, just stick with the hondas.