PDA

View Full Version : MX races at Trikefest??

YAMAHA_Jim
01-26-2005, 09:59 PM
For those of you going to Trikefest,Who is racing MX and what class are you gonna race in. Its not final yet,but I plan to race my red Tri-Z in the 250cc class and my ytm200 in whatever class it fits into.I'm not gonna race the 350x class this yr.I kinda have a title to defend this year so I'm not going to be kind to my Tri-Z,,,,ahhh who am i kidding,,I'm gonna beat the poop out of the ytm too :)
Who's Racing??

deathman53
01-26-2005, 10:25 PM
speaking of trikefest, in the new dirtwheels there is a ariticle about it.

TimSr
01-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Ill have to think about it..... Yeah right! Im looking forward to giving you a workout. Itll be even better running against you on a Z! If we have enough riders in the no suspension class, I might sit that one out and let one of the kids run my ALT. It will be nice if I get my YT175 ready by then. Ill run it something, maybe 200X class or something, or it might be a match for that YTM200. We tried an in between class last year for those semi suspended and utility types but didnt have any takers. Maybe we will have more this year. Im also amazed that we only had one 200X rider last year.

Whatever you have, just bring it! Ill work everyone into some class who wants to participate. This is a great thread though, that can help me out in preplanning, especially when it comes to getting creative with new classes if necessary.

Also, it will be very helpful if racers can rig up a number plate either one their back, or on the grab bar. Those UPS labels didnt stick very well. They dont need to be fancy, I was cutting plastc antifreeze jugs, and zip tying them to the grab bar. Something easy to read so we can score accurately.

Also, anybody wising to help flag, or score would be greatly appreaciated, and we also need walkie talkies for flaggers and starters.

Billy Golightly
01-26-2005, 10:42 PM
speaking of trikefest, in the new dirtwheels there is a ariticle about it.

THERE IS?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Details man, Details!

I think I will probably be in the 2 stroke class again also on my Z, and maybe the un-suspended class if I can get something setup for it. I put the +4 Durablue YFZ450 axle under the Z and man it made a difference. Get a little bit of suspension work done and it'll be in good shape...oh yeah I keep forgetting about my no 5th gear.... :o

Howdy
01-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Oh, My gosh!!!!!!!!!!!! We finally made dirtwheels magazine!!! I seen if for myself!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!
More in the morning from me. I'm off to work.
Howdy

3WheelsForever
01-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Im definitly looking forward to the mx races, planning on giving you all a run for your money. All I can say is ITS GONNA B A BLAST!!!!

Dynofox
01-26-2005, 11:12 PM
If I make it to TF 05 I might have to run my new R in the 250 class.

Billy Golightly
01-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Oh, My gosh!!!!!!!!!!!! We finally made dirtwheels magazine!!! I seen if for myself!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!
More in the morning from me. I'm off to work.
Howdy

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn I think Dirtwheels has earned itself another subscription from me! :naughty:

MassTrike
01-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Im definatly lookin forward to the mx races, I might have some suprises up my sleve as far as trikes go. im lookin forward to gettin smoked by everyone!

Derrick Adams
01-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Yamaha Jim, I heard since you won all four races last year, you had to race all the classes on the 200! LOL...

I'm sure Tim will talk me into running this year. I'd hate to be called an armchair racer!

atckowalski
01-27-2005, 12:19 AM
I will have my tecate ready for the mx and the drags of course. Also I will have my yellow 225dx, my current 200x project and hopefully my yt175 next project.Hey thats four classes :cool: Oh can't forget the two wheeler :Bounce

Wickedfinger
01-27-2005, 01:47 AM
I'm totally in for the non-suspended class - the mighty ALT125 of fury will propel me, if not that, then I might bring the ATC125m. Remember though, I'm a drag racer, not an MXer ..... the last thing you could actually call a real "race" that I was in was a local Harescramble back in 1996 with my Sport 400L - I got squared off in the first turn by a guy on a Mojave who crashed me into a tree and snapped my leftside a-arm!

Howdy
01-27-2005, 09:05 AM
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn I think Dirtwheels has earned itself another subscription from me! :naughty:

I agree 100% I will be getting my subscription renewed later today.

When I first read about this I knew I had to check my Mag to see it for myself. Low and behold there it was Page 15 In the "Over the bars" section right in the middle was our TF04 Picture. They called it the "Three-Wheeler Owners Rendezveous". I turned around and told my wife her picture was in a magazine. She said "Yea, right". Then I showed it to her and she said " Now that is cool, you guys finally made it". I showed Anthony ( my youngest ) and he said "Yea, Baby!!!". lmao He thinks it's cool also since he is in the picture.
If you have the March 2005 DirtWheels open it up to page 15 and check it out. If you don't have it and aren't subscribed to get it, then go out and buy a copy. It's the very least we can do for them now that they have finally reconized ( sp? ) us. I'm going to buy another copy so I have a mint one ( this one has the front wore out of it already.
For everyone that was in the group picture. YEE HAWWWW!!!!!!!! lmao

Nope, I'm not Thrilled. I'm way beyond that. ;)
Howdy

TrikerR
01-27-2005, 09:17 AM
you guys have the MARCH issue already....jezzz, the feb or it might even be the jan issue dont come out till tomorrow

Jeb
01-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Good job guys! That's a great plug in the magazine. When people show up you should poll them on how they found out about trikefest and see how many that little add got to.

x.system
01-27-2005, 09:50 AM
I agree 100% I will be getting my subscription renewed later today.

When I first read about this I knew I had to check my Mag to see it for myself. Low and behold there it was Page 15 In the "Over the bars" section right in the middle was our TF04 Picture. They called it the "Three-Wheeler Owners Rendezveous". I turned around and told my wife her picture was in a magazine. She said "Yea, right". Then I showed it to her and she said " Now that is cool, you guys finally made it". I showed Anthony ( my youngest ) and he said "Yea, Baby!!!". lmao He thinks it's cool also since he is in the picture.
If you have the March 2005 DirtWheels open it up to page 15 and check it out. If you don't have it and aren't subscribed to get it, then go out and buy a copy. It's the very least we can do for them now that they have finally reconized ( sp? ) us. I'm going to buy another copy so I have a mint one ( this one has the front wore out of it already.
For everyone that was in the group picture. YEE HAWWWW!!!!!!!! lmao

Nope, I'm not Thrilled. I'm way beyond that. ;)
Howdy

Awsome!!! Great job guys. I will be buying a couple copies of this one.

Bill X_R
01-27-2005, 11:21 AM
I guess I need to get busy on that 250r...Hell It's been so long since I've ridden a trike, I think I may have forgot!!

200xman
01-27-2005, 07:14 PM
I'll run the 81 300R I'm putting together and my 350X.

YAMAHA_Jim
01-27-2005, 07:51 PM
I'm speechless,,,,,,,Me and Threewheelio used to talk in chat about whether or not This site would ever be in Dirt WHeels.That was back in 1999 or 2000. HondaATC I believe sent that pic to DW. Now I have to buy new yamaha gear to match my Tri-Z,lol. Dammit,the local store doesnt have the new DirtWheels yet,I guess its time to subscribe :) :beer :beer :beer :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :TrikesOwn

Derrick Adams
01-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Enough about the magazine, who's going to bring it to trikefest?!? From what I saw on the Video from last year, the only formidable competition is from the Yamaha riders.

Not so sure they should allow the 350X in the 2 stroke class again this year though!

ATCWRENCH
02-01-2005, 06:55 PM
I'll definatily be there and I'll give tri-z Jim a run for his money in the 2-stroke class, and since there was only 1 200x last year there will be at least 2 this year as mine is comin along for the ride.

2+2 axle
DG pipe and silencer
mid-range port job
ground up resto
1985 200X
218cc powroll stroker
3" extended swinger
2.5" wheeler spacers
progressive fork springs
DG header and canister