PDA

View Full Version : My new Trikefest 05 info page (so far)

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Trikefest 05

Well guys, its that time again! Time for the MX races, the Drag Races, the oohs and aah's of the Devils Backbone hillclimb, and lots of three-wheelers! If you will be a returning attendee, theres probably not much you dont know-other then the date! Trikefest 04 will be Officially starting June 9th and ending the 12th. However, Un-officially the dates are the 8th through the 12th. If your travelling a long distance and can squeeze an extra day out of your schedule, your more then welcome to show up early. There will be people there on Wednesday. There is a good thread on the forum that has some information you will probably want to checkout. Here

But, you might have some other questions as well, and I will try and answer them for you here:

Q: How much does it cost?

A: The gate fee to get in at Haspin Acres is $15 per day, per person. However, since you will be attending Trikefest 04 your name can be put on a list to receive a group discount at sign in. The group discount list is not ready quite yet, but keep watching The Trikefest Forum. You might also be interested in checking out Haspin Acres website, and Their rates page

Q: Where is Haspin Acres Located at? How do I get there?

A: Haspin Acres is located at the small town of Laurel, Indiana. Click here for a map, and some directions that are located on Haspin's website.

Q: What are the rules at Haspin Acres?

A: Here is a Complete set of Rules from the Haspin Acres website:

1) Helmets and safety equipment are required.
2) No riding after 9:00 PM or before 6:00 AM.
3) Speed limit 15 MPH on all paved and gravel drives.
4) Maintain a 20’ clear distance from all fences.
5) DO NOT CROSS ANY DOWNED FENCES!
6) No hunting at any time.
7) No firearms.
8) Fires are to be maintained at all times.
9) No fires in the shelters.
10) Do not cut standing trees.
11) No swimming in the pond.
12) Riding is not permitted on pond banks.
13) Buggies and/or trucks are not permitted on motocross tracks.
14) If you must leave the park for any reason proof of entry must be shown at the front admission office before reentering the park.
15) Campsite trash is to be placed in a garbage can before leaving the park.
16) Drunken or obnoxious behavior will not be tolerated.
17) Children 14 years of age and younger are restricted to camping areas and must be under the supervision of an adult.
18) No one under 18 years of age will be permitted without a liability sheet signed by his or her parents or legal guardian.
19)No one is permitted inside the park without signing a liability waiver.

To clarify the no riding after 9:00PM rule last year Pete (Part of the management at Haspin Acres) allowed us to go from campsite to campsite. Please do not go riding off into the woods or abuse this privelege, it would be a shame to have to totally park everything when it gets dark.

The liability waiver is a standard form to cover their asses in the case that someone gets hurt and wants to sue them. However, if you or someone your bringing to Haspin is under the age of 18, You must print out a A minor waiver Prior to your arrival that must be signed by the minor's Parents/Guardian and Notarized! It is very important this is done or you will not be allowed to enter the park.

Q: What is the bathroom situation at Haspin Acres? Are there showers?

A: Haspin Acres recently built a full bath house, that includes showers and comercial toiletry. However last year the new bath house closed at 9:00PM to help prevent vandalism, but there is another (older) bath room that stays open during the night if you need to use it.

Q: What is the terrain like at Haspin?

A: For the most part, the woods of Haspin Acres are very rocky, and in some places near the creeks slippery from wet clay. If you are planning on riding in the woods much I would reccomend running at least 20 inch tires, and to gear down a tooth or two on your sprockets. Especially if you are on a pinger (2 stroke). I would also highly reccomend Skidplates, if you don't normally have one. The drag strip is kind of a loose dried up clay gravel if it hasn't rained. Its pretty hard to get traction on. I would not reccomend sand paddles if you are planning on drag racing. A knobbie tire or perhaps an appropriate dirt drag tire, such as a Pro wedge. The motocross tracks are a hard packed clay. They are pretty tacky in places but loose dirt in others. You will probably want a lower profile tire like a Titan Turf Tamer, or ITP Holeshots that will allow you to slide.

Q: What do you think I should bring with me?

A: This is of course entirely up to you, but here is a few guideline items. Icechest with drinks, several cans of gas, extra oil for premix and transmission, A few extra minor spare parts such as chain master links, clutch and brake levers (In the event of a spill), a small assortment of metric and standard hand tools, A tent, sleeping bag, fold up camp chairs, several sets of extra clothes, garbage bags for dirty clothes, atleast 2 pairs of shoes (Or boots), spark plugs, ect. If you know your machine sometimes has a specific problem with you, it might not hurt to bring the stuff to fix it if it does break while your there. No one wants to be without a ride all weekend, There is sometimes a vendor there on the weekend that sells things but remember-If your bring an extra part, it wont break!

Q: Where do I camp at?

A: Typhically, everyone camps by the lake to the right of where you come in at. This way you are the closest to all the evening entertainment as well. Your allowed to camp wherever you like though, checkout the map further up on the page for a small diagram of how Haspin is layed out.

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Common people, feedback! Anymore questions that should be asked and answered? What needs to be added to it? A link to this page will be put at the top of 3wheelerworld.com right under the banner so new visitors (from the dirtwhels plug) will be able to easily find it.

Wickedfinger
01-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Me thinks you covered it Billy ......

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Alright. If nothing else I'll leave my email at the bottom along with a link to the TF forum.

TimSr
01-27-2005, 10:07 PM
One more detail I think we should add.

PLEASE DO NOT CAMP INSIDE THE PAVILLION!!!

The one thing I really missed last year over prior years was a central gathering place for everyone to hang out. Last year it was filled with tents, and we ended up spread all over the place. Had it rained we would have been stuck with the option of either standing in the rain or sitting in a vehicle. In the prior year we had two big fires, one at each end of the pavillion, and everybody socializing in between. I think we should keep the pavillion clear of tents and vehicles and go back to using it as a main social area. Other than tables, chairs, coolers and such. What do you guys think?

Trikeaholic
01-27-2005, 10:17 PM
I like that idea.

Howdy
01-27-2005, 10:17 PM

The one thing I really missed last year over prior years was a central gathering place for everyone to hang out. Last year it was filled with tents, and we ended up spread all over the place. Had it rained we would have been stuck with the option of either standing in the rain or sitting in a vehicle. In the prior year we had two big fires, one at each end of the pavillion, and everybody socializing in between. I think we should keep the pavillion clear of tents and vehicles and go back to using it as a main social area. Other than tables, chairs, coolers and such. What do you guys think?

No sweat here. Pete told me last year to let him know when we were coming and he would hold the Pavillion for us. ;)
Howdy

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 10:31 PM

Ah, good thinking. I will add that on there as well :)

3leggeddog
01-27-2005, 11:30 PM
remember thats no riding between 9:00pm and 6:00 am INDIANA TIME!!!!!last year we were so excited to ride noone thought about the time change.yep,we were the guys at 5 o'clock get the bikes warmed up,sorry if we woke you up

MassTrike
01-28-2005, 01:39 AM
Would it be ok to bring an assortment of parts for a whole array of machines, just incase some people need that one part? i was planning of filling my truck bed up with a bunch of spare stuff for every one to pick at free of charge. Let me know what you guys think.

Howdy
01-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Would it be ok to bring an assortment of parts for a whole array of machines, just incase some people need that one part? i was planning of filling my truck bed up with a bunch of spare stuff for every one to pick at free of charge. Let me know what you guys think.

It never hurts to have used parts on hand. So if you have some extra bring them if you got room, because you never know. A simple bolt and nut could make the difference between someone riding or just watching.

To give you a idea: In years past we have fixed a wide array of problems: Brake calipers, broken clutch cables ( with just a bolt 2 washers and a nut ), tires, Kickstarters, side cases, headlights, chains, shifters, carbs, stators, grab bars, and a lot more. We couldn't have fixed these without extra parts.

I normally bring a assortment of stuff myself ( bolts, nuts, washers, new & used parts, specialty tools, ect ).

Howdy

YAMAHA_Jim
01-29-2005, 12:09 AM
All sounds good to me so far,
We need an assortment of coin operated trike rides to place under the pavillion. ;) That way the newbies can get a feel for trikes w/o hurting themselves on a real one,lol trike simulator,,and whatever money goes into them is donated to 3ww.
I will airbrush a new TRIKEFEST sheet/banner to hang up. This yrs will be much better than 04 was.That one was a last minute idea a few days before I left for Haspin.If for whatever reason I cant make it to TF05,I'll send it to someone who is going.
If I get any more ideas,I'll post them :)

dogger
01-29-2005, 11:22 AM
I like the no camping in the pavilion however you might want to consider pumper:P

Derrick Adams
01-29-2005, 11:59 AM
We need an assortment of coin operated trike rides to place under the pavillion. ;) That way the newbies can get a feel for trikes w/o hurting themselves on a real one,lol trike simulator,,and whatever money goes into them is donated to 3ww.
:)

I'll bring the local one from in front of our Family Dollar! Just can't bring it back home with me... LOL

Howdy
01-30-2005, 12:10 AM
I'll bring the local one from in front of our Family Dollar! Just can't bring it back home with me... LOL

I can store it until next year. lmao
Howdy

MIK6
01-30-2005, 01:14 AM

I have had my eye on the portable speed trap in town!!!! I think that would be cool on the drag strip LOL
You got room for that too HOWDY ???? LMFAO

MIK6 / mike

Howdy
01-30-2005, 01:31 AM
I have had my eye on the portable speed trap in town!!!! I think that would be cool on the drag strip LOL
You got room for that too HOWDY ???? LMFAO

MIK6 / mike

Why do that ( other than to eliminate a future ticket )? Radar guns are fairly cheap on ebay:
http://search.ebay.com/radar-gun_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40

Howdy

okieRrider
01-31-2005, 05:27 PM
What the rules on alcoholic beverages other than don't drink and ride????....Chris

Billy Golightly
01-31-2005, 07:03 PM
No glass bottles in camp, and put your cans in the barrells. Other then that I think its open season.

Kintore
02-11-2005, 04:46 PM
About the time change, IF I can come what is the time difference between Ontario and Indiana? I hated geography so I dont know lol

and do we need to buy food there or bring are own?
do they sell gas or do we bring are own? I will bring some anyways so i guess it doesnt matter.
Are we allowed on the mx tracks anytime between 6am-9pm Indiana time?

thanks ill sure ill have more

Howdy
02-11-2005, 05:16 PM
About the time change, IF I can come what is the time difference between Ontario and Indiana? I hated geography so I dont know lol

do they sell gas or do we bring are own? I will bring some anyways so i guess it doesnt matter.

I am 99% sure you are on EST. This is 1 hour ahead of Indiana ( during the summer months ). Say it's 12:00 PM in the EST this would put Indiana time at 11:00 AM.

There is a gas station / mini store in town ( Laurel ) about 1-2 miles away. But you can't ride your ATV there to get there. You must walk or drive. I recommend driving. ;)

Food, it would be wise to bring some food. I am not 100% sure what all jeswinehart has on the menu ( maybe he will chime in here ), but I do know he don't cook every meal for everyone ( That would be WAY TOO MUCH WORK and cost ).
Thanks
Howdy

Billy Golightly
02-11-2005, 05:21 PM

Swinehart has volunteered again to cook again on a first come first serve basis. Bring your own drinks, and it might not hurt to have a little bit of food incase your get hungry inbetween meals or miss one from riding/sleeping whatever.

There atleast one gas station in Laurel (Right outside the Haspin gate). I believe there are 2, but I am not positive.

You can ride anywheres on the Haspin acres property 6:00-9:00 except for in the ponds :p

I have no idea on the time difference, I think probably an hour or so ahead.

TimSr
02-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Somebody needs to bring a big battery operated clock to hang in the pavillion!

dogger
02-24-2005, 12:28 PM
I've got a couple clock's if you want me to bring any would be a problem.

atckowalski
02-25-2005, 06:31 PM
There is was a store with some little hottie :naughty: working at it last year very close to Haspin for gas and some food. I think they had pizza slices too.

Tri-ZNate
02-25-2005, 06:51 PM
ok three questions.
1. Are there jumps we can go on?
2. Can we go on the motorcross track with our trikes? or is that a stupid question?
3. Do they have any home made dune areas there or is it all forested?

trikerider2oo7
02-25-2005, 11:47 PM
1. yes
2. yes
3. no